+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 59 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi KK

LMB we still have 'terrible two's' but IMO there is really no such thing, just someone learning to express themselves, mastering language and all that stuff

SG, that is so sweet

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yeah we still get tanties but I hate when people say ohhh terrible twos. I really don't agree with it. I'm loving this age and there's certainly nothing terrible about it. I don't mind what others say for them bit I get cranky when people look at my son and label him terrible

Hes really grown up the last month, hardly any boobie and now in his own accord is using the toilet and out of nappies. It's amazing how quick they grow. So many wonderful mummies here happily feeding their toddlers, it's beautiful!

demeter is offline Breastfeeding since 2008, tandem since 2010 (Free Breastfeeding Support: 1800 686 2 686)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leisa21 View Post
    Yeah we still get tanties but I hate when people say ohhh terrible twos. I really don't agree with it. I'm loving this age and there's certainly nothing terrible about it. I don't mind what others say for them bit I get cranky when people look at my son and label him terrible
    Yeah, I agree, not a nice label at all. I call them the "terrific twos" or I will in 3 months time when she turns 2

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    MsMummy - if you start fenugree just remember you have to wean yourself slowly off it or it could have a bad effect. sudden weaning of it can reduce your milk supply so ive heard. my smilies dont seam to be working. or my enter button.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by demeter View Post
    Yeah, I agree, not a nice label at all. I call them the "terrific twos" or I will in 3 months time when she turns 2
    Me too, I always remember my Mum saying there's no such thing as the terrible two's, only the terrific two's. I've learnt so much from my Mum. She was always so gentle and calm, hopefully that's how Aidan will see me too. Mine's not even two yet but he struggled with not being able to express himself around the 18 month mark because he couldn't say everything he wanted but understood so much and he couldn't get it out. Now that he's talking in full sentences and can express himself the tantrums are decreasing. I'm definitely looking forward to the terrific twos!

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Just want to quickly post in here, before I forget about it again. I started reading last night but got caught up in other activities, and tonight I am 3 minutes out from my self impsed bedtime

So just quickly about our feeding journey thus far:

The boys are currently 13.5 months. They are enjoying being fed to sleep 3 times a day (two naps and then down for the night) as well as anywhere between 2 and 10 feeds at night each.

We struggled in the beginning with me learning how to juggle two on the breast at the same time, and then issues with a massive oversupply that lead to a whole plethora of problems that I think I have actually blanked out from my memory lamo! I know it was issue after issue until at least 4 months, but I can't for the life of me remember what they are!

Anyway, things obviously settled for us and we are still enjoying our feeding to this day. We rarely tandem feed anymore, as they are just getting too big for it, although if they both wake at the same time at night and are really getting upset I will either use the pillow again (although they have just about outgrown that) or lay one in a normal bf position across my body and then have the other in a football like hold with his head resting on his brothers abdomen.

I am now under pressure from almost everyone I know to wean the boys, as to them it is abnormal to be feeding such "old" babies, and don't I want my body back? Most of my friends were either bottle feeders from the start, or moved onto the bottle by about 6 months, so they really don't understand what bf is all about for me.

Anyway I will leave it there and hopefully I will get some time tomorrow to read this thread in it entirety! Just don't write too much more tonight lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Nomsie welcome I wish my 2 would 'rest' on each other, it's all "don't touch me!!!" here

Oblena is offline I've done it in public and I'll do it again - I don't care who sees!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nomsie - you are amazing. When I was pregnant there was a lady at work who was about 2 months ahead of me, and she had twins. She stated all along that she would be FF 'beacuse you just can't BF two at one time and there will never be enough milk'. I had no idea and thought that was correct, so thanks my lucky stars that I only had one to worry about. If I ever have twins I will tandem feed - you are inspirational.

Thanks
    Reviews
    On Tuesday, ie in a couple of days it will be 26mths, or 2yrs 2 mths with DD2. Its been a wonderful experience, we have had a positive breastfeeding journey together. I do get the feeling that it may end soon, as in the last couple of weeks she has self weaned off my right breast but still is constantly wanting the left breast. Its weird I tell ya! I am all for extended breastfeeding, self weaning etc, and I know babies and toddlers have preferences and preferred boobs but this is just strange. I mean, I am not expressing or doing anything to the right breast, so I'm assuming the milk is just drying up there but still producing milk in the left breast?? She feeds about twice per day off the left breast and there is definitely some milk in both!!
    Yes we have the **cough** terrific twos!!It can be funny, she likes to help herself to booby, or pull my top etc and being such a good talker, she can get very demanding at times.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nomsie, you are an amazing mother and awesome breastfeeder!! Keep going as long as you and the boys want to!! Well done