+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 59 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
    BabushkaMumma is offline Mothering with my whole heart as thats what my girls have given me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow amazing efforts here!

I'm still feeding my 2.5 year old during this pregnancy, something I never imagined doing (in the sense that I never actually put an end limit to our feeding relationship) so I'm really happy..

She feeds as soon as she wakes, before nap and before bed and a few times in the day..still brings her comfort and I hope she still feeds to take up my excess supply when new baby comes in 8ish weeks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You sound similar to me BabushkaMumma, i am 32 weeks pregnant and my 19 month old feeds similar amounts. A few times during this pregnancy i have thought she was going to stop feeding but she has kept coming back.

She night weaned earlier in pregnancy, which i was glad about, and even more happy that she initiated it and i didn't have to encourage it.

Great Achievement Mother's Love

BabushkaMumma is offline Mothering with my whole heart as thats what my girls have given me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats on your pregnancy! I'm 32 weeks too...! Not long to go now..

Thankfully DD has nightweaned (somewhat - last night she had a feed at 2am as I was too tired and just rolled down to her mattress without even thinking about it lol) so I'm happy about that too..it did take quite a lot of gentle guidance and took maybe 2 months? But I had decided to start at 2 years old so she Understand what we were doing..

All the best for your last few weeks!!

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I've been away from this thread for a long time, so now I'm down from nursing 3 children to nursing only one.

I always said I'd allow self weaning, but both boys were over 5, and in the end I got fed up with it and said "Sorry boys, I'm all booby-ed out, no more" and they were absolutely fine with it.

Whenever I had spoken to them beforehand about weanng, they were very resistant, but hey, when the time comes, the time comes....

So only feeding my almost 3 yr old now, he's a total booby monster

Awesome to see everyone who is here!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies... Haven't read the posts yet but I guess I can officially join this group now?!? Woohoo!

Wow my little man turned 1 a few weeks ago (omg where does time go) and he still breastfeeds every couple of hours around the clock (even though he's on full solids now!) he's always been a booby monster and I don't see that changing anytime soon so we are definitely in it for the long haul I am so proud that I have been able to have a wonderful, beautiful breast-feeding relationship for over a year now!!

Will be great to chat with some other Mummies breastfeeding older babies!

Sent from my iPhone more than likely while I should be doing something else!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I breastfed my son until he was 16 months old. Unfortunately, I felt I had to wean him so I could fall pregnant again. He weaned himself down to one feed a day at bedtime but my cycle still didnt return until I stopped bf completely. I was quite sad to have to stop cos I had hoped to keep feeding through the second pregnancy and tandem feed when bub number 2 was born (if that was what my son still wanted to do). Weaning was easy though, I just did the "don't offer, don't refuse" technique and after about 5 days he didnt ask again.

I hope I can feed baby number 2 for as long or longer but I can't help but feel guilty that the second baby will be feed for longer than number 1.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    oh wow. I do don't offer/don't refuse. Definately NOT a weaning technique for my boy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BabushkaMumma View Post
    She feeds as soon as she wakes, before nap and before bed and a few times in the day..still brings her comfort and I hope she still feeds to take up my excess supply when new baby comes in 8ish weeks!
    Oh it is the BEST having a b/f toddle on board to help with newborn engorgement and in the very beginning my DS wanted to feed when I was feeding DD so he would lie on my lap and she in his lap and they would feed together. So so sweet.

I am tandem feeding my 2 1/4 and 4 month old. It's not something I publicise because the odd person who has found out has been utterly horrified meh, couldn't care less.

Today I bought myself 3 Hot Milk bras for dd & ds to give me for xmas, quite appropriate really

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay! I can now join this thread! I've been feeding for 12 months, 3 days Not planning on stopping for a good while yet

Thanks
    Reviews
    yup, 16 months and counting here. Thats 16 months feeding my third daughter (the only one to successfully breastfeed), and on only one breast. Im super proud. lol

11. The Following User Says Thank You to LotusMum For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (20-12-2011)