ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 59 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Nemmi I seem to get the same response from alot of people. Usually they try and phrase it nicely - "oh but you dont need to do that anymore! she is a big girl now, she can have cows milk!" but why would I bother going through the drama of having to make sure the milk is the right temp, the cup is clean etc when I have real HUMAN milk on tap?! DH didnt feel comfortable with his mum knowing I still BF but you know what? I am VERY proud I have made it this far! I was more embarrassed/ashamed about it when DD was little and I was so terrified to feed in public, now I am proud of it and dont mind everyone knowing I feed her. If they have a problem with it, they are the uneducated ones!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Same just ace, I was less comfortable breast feeding publicly/in front of people, when he was little than now. I'm proud of myself feeding this long.

I also assume people don't not approve, it's they don't understand.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am only now starting to get some comments about me still feeding Dd. Now that I am the only one at mothers group etc bf-ing a couple of the others don't seem to be comfortable with it.. She is almost 18 months & you know what? I love feeding her and she loves feeding, so why stop yet?! :-)

Me + DH = DD! (4/4/10)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    Same just ace, I was less comfortable breast feeding publicly/in front of people, when he was little than now. I'm proud of myself feeding this long.

I also assume people don't not approve, it's they don't understand.
    At least with your next bub you will be comfortable feeding in front of people straight away! Now that I am comfortable feeding in public, DD is the most squirmiest feeder, has to pull off every 30 seconds and give everyone a good flash, and try and climb my head while staying attached lol. Oh how I miss those newborn days when they would just lay there and FEED!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so so very proud of coming this far as well, but I really am just over the comments ...

I get it from my mum too, but she thinks that part of his sleep issues is because he still feeds, I've tried to explain but shes too old school ...

And like boobycino I have a massive online support network, so that what people say to me irl I just tend to just be blasé about iykwim ...

** end of transmission **

Thanks
    Reviews
    What I dont understand is that all these people who make comments, would have no problem whatsoever if bub was still on a bottle. No one takes a second glance at a 2 year old having a bottle, but for a 2 year old to still be having a BF as RECOMMENDED by health professionals, is all OMG did you see that?! I'm so proud of our accomplishment that I wanna get a BFing sticker for my pram! I have seen BF baby on board bumper stickers and want one for the pram, just so people realise it is normal and it is awesome!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Just*Ace For This Useful Post:

flaneur  (17-09-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You can get ABA t-shirts that say 'Mum's milk for me' up to size 4

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Oh yeah. An ex friend had a go at me breast feeding Jasper at like 16 months while her 2 year old had a bottle. (like literally at the same time, I fed my baby while her daughter walked around sucking a bottle of formula) I explained to her it's the same thing! But there were other reasons that friendship was failing too.

They would have also probably shot you down for not breast feeding at all

You can't win. So don't try just do what's best by you and your child.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It looks like it is my turn to depart this group. It has been five days since my little 2½yo breastfed and she's showing no signs of wanting to any more.

It has petered out at her own rate, having been occuring once every two or three days for the past month, and whilst it was every day the month prior, half the time it was only for about one minute - the other half the time is was for a good 15-45 minutes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    Hugs Sweetseven.

I'm no longer doing a proper express at work, so I'm on the phasing down stage
    I hope I'm not too close behind you though