ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 59 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well we had a great night! Bub only woke once at 2am and settled reasonably well then woke for his usual dawn feed ( when he usually gets up for the day) then went back to sleep til after 7!!! Wahoo! Soooo much better than I was expecting. Hope we continue this way. Thanks all for your support.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shinebrite View Post
    I have a 2yr old and I cnt even get 12hrs out of her, it's just something that will eventually pass and she'll grow out of.
    we get 12 hours AWAKE plus and only 5 hours straight sleep if we're lucky

3. The Following User Says Thank You to motheroffour For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (21-08-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Eeek! Second night not going so well. Bub screamed for over an hour and nothing I did would placate him. In the end I brought him out into the light and checked his nappy (clean) and temp (normal). That seemed to help change the channel though and I was able to rock him back to sleep. God I hate hearing him so upset. I think he's just adjusting to the change but it's so hard to know. I was gonna express before sleep like I did last night but I'm too tired. Hope my boobs don't explode!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well other than that small (not) crying jag at the start of the night he hasn't made a peep! No wake ups at all. Not even the usual 5 am! I'm only up now because our other son woke. Oh my god it seems to be working.
    And my boobs haven't exploded. In fact they aren't even that hard. Full, yes, definately. But not engorged as I half expected. I guess that means he doesn't drink a lot in volume. ABA told me, when I rang them about introducing water many months ago, that the body somehow knows bub is drinking water and the milk becomes more concentrated. Amazing, isn't it? Hope everyone else had a good night too

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm glad it's working for you lulululu. Now you just have to stay consistent. That's what's worked for us with DS. Except when he's sick like he is at the moment. Then all previous rules go out the window!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well turns out he was sick! Poor fella has a fever and vomiting today
    So don't know if that's the reason he slept....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies, I came into this thread a few years ago for some advice and I am back again as I need some more advice please. Ds2 is 11 months and feeds fine but the last couple of months has been waking in the night for feeds. It started as one feed a night which I could handle but recently it's been up to 5 to 6 times a night. He is having long feeds atleast 3 of those times and the other times just a little bit. He has breakfast lunch and dinner with snacks and we also give him something to eat before bed. So I know he's not hungry. Room temperature is perfect. I don't think it's teething. As I have tried bonjela, panadol and nurofeon. I have tried him on a bottle but he won't take it. I am not pregnant (last time I was having problems with ds1 was because I was pregnant). I have tried just leaving him, he doesnt cry but moans if that makes sense but if I leave him for too long he wakes ds1. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I am kind of lost. Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a curious question, ds is 15 months old and while no one has said anything I feel uncomfortable talking about our nursing relationship, the responses I get when I do make me feel like the people I am talking to disaprove, Did othersw feel like this as their nurslings got older? if so how did you find a way around it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yeah I get alot of 'if they're old enough to ask they're too old to feed' ..

If I get that kind of response I just make a mental note not to speak to them about it again ... I used to try and educate people about WHO guidelines etc but I just can't be bothered anymore ...

** end of transmission **

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Nemmi, couple of things I've done is tried to get myself a beautiful support network of mummies. Online was the only place for that for me. And also arming myself with information. Knowing the world health organization recommends breast feeding until 2 years & beyond. Knowing it's the healthiest start for him immune system. Knowing it's perfectly natural and beautiful and also from the confidence coming ftpm my support group feeling like I almost have a role in the community to show that breast feeding a toddler is perfectly normal and natural if mum and child are happy.

And as long as someone isn't being disrespectful I'm more than happy to share why I breast feed. ( cautiously i also don't want to alienate friends who choose not to breast feed passed a certain age by over selling my reasons) But mostly I find if I'm happy and confident and clearly very assured breast feeding is what's right for me and my baby (ahem ummm my nearly 3 year old) anyone who has an issue either takes it up with me passive aggressively via Facebook or just smiles and nods.

(typed while boobing Jasper to sleep - what a beautiful rod for my own back I've created <3 )