ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 59 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    count me in. im still feeding my little girl who is 19.5months. im so proud of myself i unfortunatly lost my supply with my son as i was pressured to go back to work and back then i wasnt a member of bub hub and just gave formula and expressed. if i had my time again i would make dh get off his butt and get a job(which he still doesnt have) but anywho. i demand feed her every 2hours(or less) during the day and she sleeps from 7pm-3am (well has for 3nights straight) then wakes hourly till 6am. i love how easy it is to send her to sleep feeding i am more then happy with the thanks to bubhub and aba to feed her well past 2. its hard to imagin that i thought you couldnt breastfeed past 12months. (because no one i knew did it) then i thought it was a bit odd. now i think that i just needed educating. lol. still learning heaps about it. and love that i can express some for my son who doesnt mind drinking it. he is just over 3 with possible PDD - NOS autism. so i hope its doing him good. hope to keep chatting to you all for a long time to come.

Oblena is offline I've done it in public and I'll do it again - I don't care who sees!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi workin'mumof2

I worked full time from when DD was 14.5 months and BF her till she was three - it can be done, but would be hard in those earlier months. When I went back to work it was tough too, as she got up a few times in the night, and so many people didn't understand. they often just said that I should just be tough and say no She still had up to 6 feeds in 24 hours, which was HARD working full time. I feel proud that I fed her until she was three, with 22 months of that being when I was working flat out

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm here too feeding a 1 year old and a 2 year old and loving it (at the moment ) we have beebees just about everywhere so on the toilet is nothing unusual here, although I do draw the line at feeding them at the same time on it

My fav educational thing to do is too tandem feed in public, love watching peoples reactions

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi
    Count me in too.
    I am currently feeding my DD2 who is 15 months. If people ever ask
    "Are you STILL feeding here?" I look all shocked and say that she is only just past one. She has ages to go till she weans.

I fed DS till he was a little past 4 so most people who know me are more accepting this time. I was always having to stand up for myself last time.

The hardest feed for DS to drop ( and the one he had solely for the last 6 months of feeding) was his morning feed. He just could not function or eat breakfast without it. He would follow me around the house telling me I had not fed him yet.

I feed DD2 to sleep every night and wouldn't have it any other way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Now that there are so many breastfeeding experts on one thread , can anybody tell me if starting fenugreek means that I'll have to keep taking it.

I have to express while I'm at work (4 days a week), but I'm finding that I'm getting close to running short of milk.

I have no supply issues for when I'm at home, but I need to increase it a bit for the sake of pumping.

But will it wreak havoc if I stopped taking it or something?

I've already tried other lactogenic foods but I think I need something a bit stronger.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Should be fine MM, I have used it before to increase supply so that I would have extra EBM in the freezer should we need it (emergency and no-one able to feed the boys for me).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi MummaMilk nice to see you !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    We're still going.....2 years, 9 months and 19 days No sign of stopping any time soon. It's such a part of life right now, and I'm just happy to do it as long as DS wants.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I fed both my gorgeous boys up to around 3 years of age, DS2 finished a few months ago at about 3 and 3 months. I am so proud of myself and my boys but I'm still a bit sad it's finished.

I was talking to two other mummies today who are feeding past 18 months and it makes me so happy that both they and their babies still share that bond.

I don't know if this applies to all extended breastfeeders, I'm sure personality has a lot to do with it too, but neither of my boys went through the 'terrible twos' I wonder if it is because of the extended attachment and having their emotional needs met.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gawsh I have to say its so noice to have found this thread and all you long time booby feeding mums!! I am the only person I know who has bf past 1, and sometimes I feel a little alienated!! Now when I get strange looks or rude comments I can just say 'I know lots of people who bf past 1 or 2 years'