ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 59 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    we are still night feeding and day feeding all the time. -insert dizzy tired icons here-

DS is almost 16 months old and is feeding at least 4 times a night. often 6. its hard. we are going to night wean during the june school holidays. he has all his molars now, and 2 eye teeth still to come through. hoping he feeds less and sleeps better once they are through. he feeds 5-10 times a day too for about 2 months since the molars started coming through he has been eating almost no solids at all, so its hard. '

Im looking forward to reducing the day feeds a bit as well to be honest. he does feed for comfort and has been having some seperation anxiety too- so a lot of the feeds are quick snack or reconnect feeds.

DH is wanting me to wean before 2. im pushing for 2 because i think its important and can see that it helps with tantrums and owies etc. he feeds to sleep for all his sleeps and resettles too- so im a bit nervous about the upcoming night weaning.

once i night wean, i think the pressure from dh to wean soon will lessen as he is part weaned

a lot of the time im very tired and drained with such frequent night wakes, but when he comes up with a grin and buries his head in my chest, or taps incessantly to signal a feed, i cant say no

this too shall pass, and when he starts eating more and feeding less im sure part of me will miss it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to babybabycakes For This Useful Post:

Dreamer1  (07-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Still going here as well, although I'm at the "don't offer, don't refuse" stage mainly, unless he tries it on in the middle of the night, in which case he gets deposited back in bed without it. He feeds first thing in the morning, and once or twice more before bed, but when he's sick it's more like 4 - 5 times per day, and that's not including all the feeds to shoosh him when he's crying, settle him when he's overtired or in need of a quick comfort suck.

He'll be 2 in a few weeks, and I'm also feeding his voracious little sis who is now 7 months old.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow to the ladies who are feeding two!!! Hats off

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so pleased to be able to join this group as well My DD is 13 months and we're still going even after a couple of recent bouts of breast refusal. My DD is CMPI so we have both been dairy free for 10 months. That's probably been my biggest challenge to date as I adore all things sweet and have had to turn into an inventive baker

We do 3-4 feeds a day. It's so good to find others still feeding beyond 12 months as I'm now the last one I know of IRL. I just love the wonderful bond that comes from feeding cuddles

Thanks
    Reviews
    Only just discovered this thread but I'll be coming back later to read some more so just subscribing really. We just hit the 12 month mark three weeks ago. Bfing was a struggle in the beginning so my goal started out as 2 weeks, 3 months, 6 months, 12 months and here I am and I'm really surprised to find myself here and not wanting to stop! But really proud of myself too for reaching all my goals and I guess the way I see it anything from here on in is a bonus. We are down to just two feeds, first thing in the morning and last thing at night unless he is sick or really upset about something. Weaning off the day feeds was partly encouraged by me as I have been doing some work and we have a very busy lifestyle and I am a shy person so I couldn't see myself bfing a toddler in public. He took to this change very well though and I have been known to bf my rather tall 12 month old at a party at night and make no excuses for this so I guess this will continue! I did want to ask though, being down to only two feeds would it affect my supply dramatically if I did happen to miss one of these two feeds a day on the odd occasion or is it pretty stable now?
    I must say I am very inspired by the stories I have been reading so thanks for sharing ladies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A mothers love View Post
    Wow to the ladies who are feeding two!!! Hats off
    Bra's off is more like it! LOL I find topless/braless/strapless are my natural states these days. So much easier!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    Well I'm going to jump in here since **gasp** my boy is 15months now!

Still feeding him and going strong. He takes a bottle and drinks EBM at daycare. I express 3 times a day at work and normally get 200-300mls so more than enough for him. YAY Not game to drop that though cause don't want to risk my supply dropping.

I'm also a public feeder
    I take DS in on the train in peak hour and home again 3days a week and he gets boobie every day on the train in both directions. Best thing to keep a child quiet!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can join too! Ds is nearly 13 months

Hoping he'll continue through my pregnancy - I'm currently 7 weeks. He's still happy with his morning and night-time booby at this stage

Thanks
    Reviews
    My little Miss2 is still feeding but I think she is cutting back a bit. I will not be surprised if she weans by 3yo. However when she was 23 months, I was suspecting I would have a battle on my hands weaning her prior to school (as I did with DD4).

She doesn't feed to sleep often anymore. She'll feed for awhile, then pull off, say "done" then toddle off to her bed. Unfortunately she wont stay there, but at least she has the right idea to start with.

Thanks
    Reviews
    my dd4 is the longest BFer(20 months) my others weened about 18 months due to pressure from xh or being pregnant again, dd4 is my last baby, I will continue as long as she wants but I really need to night ween, at the moment her bed is up against ours so she just climbs over sometimes I wake up and she has already had it or is latched on other times she has me awake for ages. she goes to sleep with boob needs it when she wakes but often doesnt need it until she wants a sleep. I dont care when I BF in public, the other day we were in center link and she asked for boodie so out it came.