+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 59 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Can I join in?
    I'm feeding DS, who will be 14 months on Sunday. I bf my first for 14 months, my 2nd for 18 months and haven't had my body to myself for almost 6 years (in Feb).
    DS was a surprise baby and I gave myself a bf'ing goal of 12 months. At 8 months old I was truly over it and just kept my goal of 12 months in sight. Now we're almost at 14 months and there's no way he's ready to give up. Part of me would like him to decide to wean when I go away with a couple of girlfriends in March and part of me would like to bf him through next Winter.
    Right now I'm in a fairly good place bf'ing wise but I'll more than likely go back to hating it at some point. It comes and goes and it would be nice to get some support when that happens. My DH is supportive but doesn't really 'get it' being that he has never done it. My mum keeps mentioning that I'll be able to wear whatever I want by the end of summer because DS won't be feeding any more (her own personal wish I think because she's decided this all on her own.)

DS feeds anywhere from 3-7 times a day and has one feed overnight (but sleeps through sometimes). Last night he absolutely refused to have his before bed feed which was odd.
    Well my 5 year old is asking for breakfast so better go. Hopefully I can join you all.

BabushkaMumma is offline Mothering with my whole heart as thats what my girls have given me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well - now into 19 months of feeding! But DD must have slowed down a bit as I now have my AF back!! bad but good I suppose - at least now I know I can start TTC again!

Noticed that sleep is progressing - but regressing too...she now can fall asleep without being patted (still fed) but wants more feeds that usual over night?

Can't win it all I suppose!! Hope everyone is enjoying their journey still x

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubmum View Post
    I wondered where you were the other day...don't run away for ever!!!!
    LOL, i very very busy these days! And surprisingly my house is sparkly clean now i dont log on much

Keep up the good work feeding mummies. I intend on doing my bit to raise the awareness and benefits of breastfeeding older bubba's, and hopefully contribute in my own small way to raising the average age the Australian babies are feed woot woooot wooooot

I am currently giving some support to my young niece who has just had her 3rd bubba. She breastfeed her 2 others for a very short time, but it seems with a little support and encouragement from me for bub no.3 she will succeed in feeding #3 for a much longer time a little bit of support and encouragement and a few kind caring words was all it took!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just on 15 months and I still enjoy feeding my little princess.
    Sometimes though I can go a whole day without realizing I haven't fed her, oops! She usually let's me know when she wants a feed though.

The feeds have been in-between 2-4 feeds per day. I want to get her having more but she refuses. I guess that sounds crazy but she is starting to be fussy with her solids so I'd at least like her to drink more.

I hope everyone is still enjoying their BF!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi just sticking my head in here. Dd is 10 months and I intend to feed till she is at least 1.5.

Just wondering how you all copped when the top teeth came in and they are sharp!!

Also just wanting to know how old was bubs when you stopped??

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LonelyMumOfone View Post
    Hi just sticking my head in here. Dd is 10 months and I intend to feed till she is at least 1.5.

Just wondering how you all copped when the top teeth came in and they are sharp!!

Also just wanting to know how old was bubs when you stopped??

Thanks
    Teeth are usually covered by lip and tongue so should cause problems. Only if they begin to latch incorrectly or bit it hurts!

My bub is 3 in 8 weeks and i am still feeding.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can't feel DD's teeth at all when feeding. Sometimes she is cheeky and will play bite my me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can feel dd but I think she starts to press down. I've started telling her gentle it gets and prying her moth off and re attaching.

I'm enjoying our bf journey and think your all amazing.

bgbgbb is offline To think, I was only going to have 1 child!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    When any of my brood around this age started to bite (usually accompanied by them punching booby, pulling my hair and doing a 360 degree head turn with my nipple coming along for the ride!) I always pulled them off and told them "no". If they went back to the boob and fed responsibly then they were serious about the feed. But half the time they were not feeding because they were really thirsty, but just as something to do, and apart from a cursory whinge usually found something or someone else to terrorise pretty soon.

I also found giving a sippy cup of water kept them busy and if they happened to get a drop in their mouth, then that was a bonus. It wasn't really the feed they were after, just something to keep them occupied.

But I found when they were really serious about a booby, they settled down and concentrated without biting or pulling or punching me.

But some of my kids (ironically the boys) never learned and were weaned about 9 months whereas the girls fed well past a year. Currently the twins are walking a fine line and better be nice to mummy, or they too will be on the cup for good!!(2 babies pulling your hair, thumping you and biting you at once = a helluva lot of discomfort)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh my no. It's not that bad here. I think your right it tends to be during the day when she isn't really interested in a bf. It's not in the morning or before bed adage loves those ones.