+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 59 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    Tam-I-Am is offline Winner 2009 - Most Helpful Member Award
    Winner 2007 The most helpful moderator/admin award
    2008 AWARD WINNER - The most polite member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank You
    It's fine Your milk supply is well established now, and not nearly as fragile as it might have been in the early days. You'll find times when she feeds LOTS and times when she feeds only infrequently, and your breasts will just adjust, as required. Don't stress about it

Well, Mr C and I are still going at 2 years 6 months. It's starting to wear on me, TBH. I would like to see him weaned by the time he's 3, and I am under no illusions that this will mean actively weaning him rather than letting him self wean which was my original plan. Still and all, I feel like I've done well to make it to here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Cut back on the solids, or at least let her feed herself so that she is controlling her intake.

It doesn't sound like much tbh, my DD is the same age and probably feeds 30 times in a 24 hour period - but then she is on and off constantly, and often only feeds for a few seconds.

This article might be useful...

http://www.kellymom.com/bf/bfextende...ernursing.html

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ds is weaned down to max 2 feeds a day, at my discretion. By weaned, I mean, somewhat accepts my refusals.

(and by discretion I mean - when I'm sitting quietly reading a book, not doing something, so it's convenient for me sort of thing).

Anyway there are 2 problems.

1. I feel like I am just a boob to him. He never wants a hug, only boob, which I often refuse, then he runs off. I feel like a lactation object.

2. He isn't happy when I detach him or refuse him. So I have to sort of upset him say 2-3 times a day by saying no, or enough.

Would it be less psychologically upsetting to just be weaned fully so he can move on from it? He *loves* it when we do feed, stares into my eyes, rubs my tummy, etc. I also have this strong feeling that I want to support his immune system as long as possible. And of course - his little sister and soon new baby sister are feeding so I don't want to make him abruptly the odd one out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    That's Jasper I don't even notice him diving on during the day, he just climbs up, pulls down top, suck suck and away he goes! Some days he'll feed very often, if he's moody, not feel secure (other people around) bored, but most days he'll have a long feed in bed (for like an hour from 4:30am till 5:30am then we are up) then he might have 2ish quick feeds and fall asleep sucking that night.

But if we are busy I get to night time, get in the shower and my boobs explode because if we are busy he won't feed. So I know there's milk, he's just VERY efficient feeder.
    Last edited by Boobycino; 01-12-2010 at 09:57.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks heaps ladies. That website was very helpful. Thank you!

I thought I was drying up..

I don't know how you ladies feed so many times during the day. Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    23 months & still going strong hehehe

I feel kinda bad that I do want to stop soon & "have my body back"... (even though I'll definatly miss it!) but I just can't deny my precious little one! I'm secretly hoping that he weans himself, but I don't think that'll happen anytime soon... Ah well I'm glad he's happy & healthy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Hey ladies, how are you all going?
    I haven't logged on for months and months but thought i should wish you all the best for next year, Happy New Year, hope the feeding is still going well.
    DD will be 3 in march and still feeding, healthy as an ox too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I keep forgetting this thread is here....I am thinking of weaning DD. she is 2 and a half now, and still feeding 500 times a day, and to sleep most nights. When does it end???

Although I am very happy with how far we have come, and did not appreciate comments over Xmas from the "other" family that she is a baby for still wanting "dity yucky Susu".

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JabberJaw View Post

Hey ladies, how are you all going?
    I haven't logged on for months and months but thought i should wish you all the best for next year, Happy New Year, hope the feeding is still going well.
    DD will be 3 in march and still feeding, healthy as an ox too
    I wondered where you were the other day...don't run away for ever!!!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubmum For This Useful Post:

JabberJaw  (05-01-2011)

SPC is offline Senior Member
    Winner 2010- The Most Passionate Crusader Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We've been down to two feeds a day for months now, but as I"m pregnant it's really sore and I do hope she self-weans soon. Can't see it happening as she's very committed. We did just ditch the dummies at CHristmas, so I'll give it a while before launching war in booboo.

Interesting how people reflect their own feelings about breastfeeding onto toddlers. The strength pf their emotions is very interesting. I suspect the deep seated issue is an angry inner child who wasn't long term breastfed and resents their own mother, because they were never offered that level of attachment. I've recently read 'Breastfeeding older children' and it was good to put into perspective how many women all over the world keep going and why they do so.