+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 59 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thought it was about time I stepped in here since DS is 13 months and still b'feeding at least 5-6 times a day! SaffiAva - know how you feel with the 2-3 hourly night waking. Sometimes it gets annoying when you think about it and how tired you are! I can't be bothered doing anything about it either due to the lack of sleep.

Mostly I am annoyed at my grandmother who I don't ring very often due to the fact that everytime I do she makes comment on the fact that I am still breastfeeding and isn't it weird to be doing it when DS is mobile and big?!?!? WTF?! And then asks me if I feed him when I am out - um yes, because I don't care what other people think including you when it comes to what I know is best (and easiest!) for my child and I.

Anyway that's my gripe for the day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    DS is now 29 months old (2 years and 5 months old) So nearly 2.5 and i'm getting hounded by my sis to wean. I just don't see him doing that any time soon, i would like to be done by christmas, but i am just going with the flow, i really can't see myself weaning him, it's hard enough when he so cutely asks me, booby pleeeease mummy, makes my heart melt.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Rocketman is still feeding like a champ at 18 months, but it has a downside... on the days when he misses a feed or two because he doesn't ask or is too busy playing etc, I get rather engorged an poor Mighty Mouse gets the brunt of it and ends up nearly drowning in it! LOL

He's also taken to sticking his hand down my top as the general "greeting" when I collect him from daycare, which today meant I got a cleavage full of sand!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SaffiAva View Post
    Yay!!!
    I'm in two worlds at the moment..I want to keep feeding which I will..but I want DD to sleep better at night!! The 2-3 hour waking is slightly annoying..only when i think about it too much.. I still want to feed to nap and to bed for now..but I just want to stop the nightwaking and subsequent all night attachment to the nipple coz I'm too tired to do anything about it!! Arrrggh don't know what to do..
    Omg!! I could have wrote this, I can't officially join this chat for hmm another 4 days but I am past my edd (what was my edd!) so I guess my bub is technically 12 months!! ( I am a loser I know!) any who, omg! I thought there was something wring with dd cos she loves my boobies soooo much!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, I'm jumping in on this thread! DD is nearly 14 months and I'm having a few issues with feeding lately. She has 2-3 during the day but still wakes 2-3 hourly overnight . The overnight waking is annoying, but I'm worried that maybe I don't have enough milk anymore because if I miss a feed, ie if she has a miraculous night where she only wakes once or goes all day without a feed, I don't feel full at all. It's also become harder to get a let down when I'm feeding. Is it just that she's not needing the same amount any more or should I try to boost my supply up? Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leishi View Post
    Hi all, I'm jumping in on this thread! DD is nearly 14 months and I'm having a few issues with feeding lately. She has 2-3 during the day but still wakes 2-3 hourly overnight . The overnight waking is annoying, but I'm worried that maybe I don't have enough milk anymore because if I miss a feed, ie if she has a miraculous night where she only wakes once or goes all day without a feed, I don't feel full at all. It's also become harder to get a let down when I'm feeding. Is it just that she's not needing the same amount any more or should I try to boost my supply up? Thanks!

No, sounds good. My DD still sometimes feeds often over night (shes 2 yrs 7months) my boobs are always soft now, even if she does nt feed all day. I do notice when i feed her though its like relief (although i didn't realise boobs were full LOL)

I don't think you need to boost, sounds perfectly normal, and she is probably feeding to get your supply to suit her. Let down also lessons over time so dont stress. I really ever feel let down anymore. Its just because your feeding is fully established.

You may even notice your boobs will in fact shrink. Mine are at pre pregnancy size now and i have worn a normal bra for about a year.

Your doing well, dont stress.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by V8 View Post
    DS is now 29 months old (2 years and 5 months old) So nearly 2.5 and i'm getting hounded by my sis to wean. I just don't see him doing that any time soon, i would like to be done by christmas, but i am just going with the flow, i really can't see myself weaning him, it's hard enough when he so cutely asks me, booby pleeeease mummy, makes my heart melt.

DD is the same, but i have noticed she is slowly but surely weaning herself. Some days she goes all day without, others she is attached all day I get hounded to wean too but i just

Quote Originally Posted by Blairysmum View Post
    Omg!! I could have wrote this, I can't officially join this chat for hmm another 4 days but I am past my edd (what was my edd!) so I guess my bub is technically 12 months!! ( I am a loser I know!) any who, omg! I thought there was something wring with dd cos she loves my boobies soooo much!!
    Welcome 4 days short of 12 months is close enough. Well done.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS will be 12 months next month and I had planned to nurse till then. Although I really enjoy the experience I am also waiting to wean as I have been facing the same issue at night , bub waking up almost every 1-2 hour to feed, have tried night weaning but its very stressful both for bub and I.

I am really stressed on how I will eventually wean cos bubs so doesnt like taking milk from a sippy cup. Never took formula and dont know how he is going to take cws milk.

Anyhow, Thats my story.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    J is 2 and I am glad I made it til this age as it was tough! He feeds once a day. Doesn't seem to worry him that I am pregnant. He usually only feeds one side though.

Well done to all those who are feeding til 1 (and beyond). As much as its normal and natural and wonderful, its not always easy.

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Marley is 20 months old and still a booby monster, and Louie is 4, I've recently told him booby only when he wakes up and bedtime, as he was still wanting to feed through the day, just comfort stuff, we've moved to NZ recently, so he's adjusting with everything but I'm telling him cuddles instead of booby!!
    It's a bit too exhausting unless I set some limits!!