+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 59 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mumma x I was trying to decide if I should continue past 12 months. I did a search for WHO breastfeeding and came across some info (not sure if it was their site, or if I got led elsewhere) that there are actually more antibodies in your milk in the second year, than the first. That's one of the reasons I've decided to continue. My little one has had only mild colds this winter and I think the antibodies are why she hasn't got as sick as her brothers who are years older.

SaffieAva I think you've got a booby baby and I doubt she'll be put off by a change in your hormones. I B/Fed my first son for the first three months that I was pg with my second child. He didn't seem to notice AF hormones or PG hormones changing the milk. AF has come back after my third child, and she's not put off by that either.

BabushkaMumma is offline Mothering with my whole heart as thats what my girls have given me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Branjie!
    Damn straight I've got a booby baby Good picking! I really hope she continues like your little ones!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SaffiAva View Post
    I love BF and at times it prompts me to wait before having a second as I am scared she'll wean early if I fall pregant due to hormones...but thankfully i still don't have AF yet, so not too concerned. I am so glad that there are many other mothers out there feeding away!! Thanks for being so encouraging to each other ! Xxxx
    SaffiAva, I'm still feeding my 16 month old AND his 3 week old baby sister as well! He did slow down a little during my pregnancy, but is really enjoying the increased milk now that I'm making enough for two.

Thanks
    Reviews

We are still BF here!

14.5 months and still going

Down to 2 feeds during the day sometimes 3 and none overnight now!

I decided to just let DS come off in his own time and he doesn't look like he'll be doing it anytime soon!

I still BF in public and haven't had any funny looks yet as DS is quite tall for his age!

for everyone doing it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm jumping the gun a little but I'm really proud and happy that I will be able to join this group in 2 weeks time! My boobie baby turns one this month and still feeds up to (I don't really know but lots) 15 times a day and all bluddy night. No signs of slowing down.

See you in 2 weeks ladies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    still feeding at 21 months, probably 3-5 times during the day, definately morning, usually to go to sleep at midday, often when he wakes up, and to go to sleep at night.... and if he has a cold, or teething, or bored, or just having a bad day he 'snacks' on booby.

And ALLLLLLLLLL night cafe is still open for 'self serve'

Tam-I-Am is offline Winner 2009 - Most Helpful Member Award
    Winner 2007 The most helpful moderator/admin award
    2008 AWARD WINNER - The most polite member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank You
    yay for breastfeeding

I'm 'still' feeding Mr C at, erm, let me see....27 months (wow, that sounds so big!), so 2 years, 3 months. He goes overnight without a feed most nights, although he's been sick recently so has been waking once or twice, which is good - extra antibodies and fluids can only be good and help him recover! Not co-sleeping much anymore, he moved into his own bed in about January this year, when he stopped sleeping very well in our bed and started sleeping much better in his own. He's off reflux meds too YAY!

I never thought it would get this easy there for a while. I'm so glad I've persevered with breastfeeding him - it's so very rewarding.

Oh and we're still all dairy free too. We were told we 'should' do a challenge with him when he was 2 - but his big sister is only just starting out tolerate very small amounts of dairy infrequently (like if she accidentally gets a bit of cake at kinder once every month or so), so we're not going to do that. DD is 5, so maybe then.

BabushkaMumma is offline Mothering with my whole heart as thats what my girls have given me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow! Yay to us mamma's hey!!! we've been blessed with the ability to continue feeding, and I'm so grateful I've not had any major issues, unlike some poor mammas out there I'm so looking forward to tandem feeding one of my dearest friends tandem fed her 4 1/2 year old (now that's commitment!!!!) so it's always interested me and I always wonder about the physical / emotional benefits..sometimes I feel like I get all the good stuff emotionally..I'm just lovin it!!!
    Tam - I - Am, I have to say that is an epic effort there to be dairy free! I have to keep off certain foods too, thankfully not milk or I'd miss my (decaf) coffee!!! Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just thought I'd join in

Still going strong b-feeding my DS who turned 1 just over a week ago

He is very much a booby boy, I get a chuckle of glee every time I'm about to feed him It's our cuddle time and I love it!

He has about 2 feeds during the day and we are now down to 1 overnight which is a big improvement

Doesn't look keen to wean himself any time soon, and we aren't in a hurry to ttc number 2 so I guess will just see what happens...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay!!!
    I'm in two worlds at the moment..I want to keep feeding which I will..but I want DD to sleep better at night!! The 2-3 hour waking is slightly annoying..only when i think about it too much.. I still want to feed to nap and to bed for now..but I just want to stop the nightwaking and subsequent all night attachment to the nipple coz I'm too tired to do anything about it!! Arrrggh don't know what to do..