ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 59 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DS is 2 in a couple of weeks and I have whittled him down to 2 feeds a day.

If he really wants it - then yes.

If he can be easily distracted - then I distract him. (ie do roud and round th garden or whatever).

It has been very gentle. I am pregnant (and feeding a 9 mth old too) and it is so painful when he feeds.

His morning feed we both love though... it has become easier to say 'ok that's enough now though' .. he just seems much less dependent on it.

I will be sad if he does wean completely.. I'll stick with the 1-2 feeds a day til he does't want it anymore or it just doesnt happen once the baby arrives.

On the plus side he's never shown any jealousy whatsoever at th efact his little sister still feeds more often, just accepts it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi girls. I have a question for the other mums feeding past 12 months. My bub is 13 months. The reason I am currently weaning, is because she seemed to be waking up, just for the feed, and I have got to a point where I just don't want to do night feeds anymore.

I have stopped feeding my bub at night, as it seemed to be the reason she was waking up a lot, depending on the feed to get back to sleep. I've not fed her overnight for while now, and I've got her to one or two feeds a day. I'd be happy to continue feeding a couple of times a day, if it weren't for her looking for the feed when she gets up at night. She has started to sleep through, or at least wake up less, but when I rock her to settle her, she rubs her face against my arm, like she's looking for a feed. Not crying, but it makes me feel really guilty for not feeding her, but I know if I do, she'll be demanding it every time I settle her for a nap, and a number of times a night.

Gosh, sorry this is so long winded. Basically I'm asking, would you stop BFing to stop feeling guilty about not feeding overnight? If I stop feeding all together, she won't be looking for it in the night, but then she won't have the benefit of feeding at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi girls, can I join!?
    My daughter is 1 year old today and I am so so proud to still be BFing her, especially since I struggled with my DS and ended up putting him on formula at 2 weeks. I just love BFing my DD and she loves her 'Boo', though she has only started calling them that in the last week and is also trying to say 'Milk' so it comes out like 'Boook' sometimes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hows everyone doing? Havent been on BH for ages.

I still feeding my DD who is now 2.5 She is getting closer to self weaning i am sure and we have had a few nights of her sleeping through without a feed which has been awesome. I work a few hours 6 nights a week now, so dad puts her to sleep easily without boob, she is happy with a cup of water....my night off, she refuses to sleep without boob

Thought i would share this link with you all too, thought it was a great step in the right direction

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/bre...-1225901567005

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there lovely women. This is my first post in this section. DS and are are going strong at 20 months with no signs of slowing just yet. However, I have hit a brick wall with some (stupid) family who have taken it upon themselves to attack my choice to breastfeed my toddler. I have been googling like crazy trying to find info on extended breastfeeding, but all I can come up with are other women's blogs and articles on the pros and cons. I NEED FACTS, cold hard evidential facts. I need links to studies etc, so that I can go and shove it up their uninformed meddling arses

Any help and links would be great. Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MummaX View Post
    Hi there lovely women. This is my first post in this section. DS and are are going strong at 20 months with no signs of slowing just yet. However, I have hit a brick wall with some (stupid) family who have taken it upon themselves to attack my choice to breastfeed my toddler. I have been googling like crazy trying to find info on extended breastfeeding, but all I can come up with are other women's blogs and articles on the pros and cons. I NEED FACTS, cold hard evidential facts. I need links to studies etc, so that I can go and shove it up their uninformed meddling arses

Any help and links would be great. Thanks

The World Health Organisation recommends Breastfeeding till at least 2 years of age, the world average is around 4 years old, its just Australia that is ' back at the bus stop' in regards to breastfeeding.
    Try the WHO website, i will have a look tomorrow for some others

ETA = heres a good one to look at http://www.kellymom.com/bf/criticism.html

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks JabberJaw. They are awesome. Have given me a little pick me up/reassurance before I toddle of to bed. It is a sad sad day when your own family attack your fundamental belief's. They are going to be eating facts tomorrow lol.

Thanks again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No worries, i have come across the same thing from the in laws, luckily i have moved to an Island, they hate boats/water so there is no chance of them visiting

You know what's best, no need to listen to others who are clearly un educated on the benefits of breast feeding and extended breastfeeding.

People wonder why breast feeding rates are so low in Australia, the answer is pretty clear to me.....people are un educated and there is little support to those who choose to breastfeed into toddelerhood.

BabushkaMumma is offline Mothering with my whole heart as thats what my girls have given me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am still feeding my 15 month old to bed and for each of her naps and whenever she signs for it! Can be hard when your pushing the shopping trolley around but she's worked out to grab my sling and pass it to me and once she's in, she asks for milk...smart girl!
    I love BF and at times it prompts me to wait before having a second as I am scared she'll wean early if I fall pregant due to hormones...but thankfully i still don't have AF yet, so not too concerned. I am so glad that there are many other mothers out there feeding away!! Thanks for being so encouraging to each other ! Xxxx