ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 59 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yeah I let DS2 feed in the early morning (thats what I meant by getting more sleep) I hear you on the teeth digging in thing, its horrible, and it feels like he is sucking harder then my dyson sometimes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Makes me feel like he loves booby, then daddy, then me!
    My DH likes to test who our 19mo DS loves more, even though I think it's terrible! So he'll ask him "who do you love, Mummy or Daddy?" and DS replies "boobie"!!

I told him that was a great answer

Thanks
    Reviews
    I couldn't BF my DD (she's now 4), I'm hoping to try and get it right with my next one (due in August).
    However, my 4 year old DD keeps grabbing my boobies, and saying "I wanna share with the baby"
    What do I do??

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I would just try and redirect her without shaming, maybe show her how she could breastfeed one of her dolls?

Sheer Bliss is offline new username time?? this is toooo friggin hard, and NOT Bliss!!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Just wanted to pop in and say hi - we are nearly here!! My bubbas turn 1 in less than 2weeks . I can't believe it AND they are both still b/f! (DD has one bottle of a night so that I can do something other than tag-team b/f half of the evening!)

They are cutting down when out, but then seem to make up for it when we are at home, I know it's normal, but a bit sad too! They are both starting to pull at my shirt all the time now too. I was sitting on the floor feediing DD this evening and DS came up to us, grunting, and pinched her face to push it off and went for her boob cheeky boy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    im back from a long break and still breastfeeding my daughter and she celebrated her 2nd birthday on the 9th of April

WHO recommendations!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by javic View Post
    My DH likes to test who our 19mo DS loves more, even though I think it's terrible! So he'll ask him "who do you love, Mummy or Daddy?" and DS replies "boobie"!!

I told him that was a great answer

awww, thats darling!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jen3910 View Post
    I couldn't BF my DD (she's now 4), I'm hoping to try and get it right with my next one (due in August).
    However, my 4 year old DD keeps grabbing my boobies, and saying "I wanna share with the baby"
    What do I do??
    Jen, you could always say yes? Wouldn't hurt her and your supply would increase.

awww, thats darling!
    Thanks sleeplessbeauty - i think so too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi
    I admire you all! its so great that you all want to do this for your children and yourselves, everyone in my family has breastfed until 2.5 to 3 years and i am hopming to do the same! my son is 8 months old now, nearly 9 months and with each month that passes i feel more empowered and that my goal of at least 2 years is within reach, its up to him to decide, im hoping he doesnt wean himself too early though because i will be heartbroken

i was breast fed till nearly 3 and even then i still loved it! i just hope i can do the same with my children!

I just wanted to ask how you go when pregnant? does the milk change? do you still offer both boobs?

and how about feeding newborn as well as toddler?
    i am planning on getting pregnant in about 4-6 months so ds will be nearly 2 when new baby gets here but i plan to breastfeed while pregnant and after and i dont want him to feel the baby is taking my breasts from him.
    whats it like to be pregnant and breastfeeding and also how is it to breastfeed a newborn and toddler?

thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Shelbysmum!

I know nothing about tandem feeding, but as for feeding when pregnant - it's not as simple as I thought it would be!

One thing I had no idea about was that the milk supply will decrease in pregnancy. It happened with me before I even knew I was pregnant. My son started switching like crazy. Before that he would only need one side to get full, but as soon as we conceived he started feeding oddly.

There's a great bunch of info on kellymom. If you start from this link it should give you a good heads up!
    http://www.kellymom.com/nursingtwo/f...lkchanges.html

Apart from the decrease, the milk also changes to colostrum about halfway through pregnancy, so they say. I'm not there yet!

To be honest, sadly, nursing is far more exhausting during pregnancy for me. DS seemed to want it more than ever, which was already like 15 times a day! Sometimes, I just can't face it. But I am having a really horrible 1st trimester, even worse than last time. Last time it got better around 4 or 5 months so I'm hoping it will improve soon this time too and then I'll be happier nursing DS. I have night weaned in the past couple of weeks though just to maintain my sanity! There's absolutely no change in my breasts come morning - I think they are empty but DS just likes to comfort nurse

After this, I have absolutely no desire to tandem feed. I really hope DS gives up on his own around 2, just before baby comes.

All the best with your breastfeeding/tandem feeding journey!