+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 59 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetperfectchild View Post
    Hello! Just popping in to share this lovely video I found. Made me smile.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    javic if he's getting on that many times, I doubt it's for a feed, probably either a comfort thing, or just something to do. I would try and distract him by taking him outside, or showing him his favourite toy, or some things in the kitchen (like a wooden spoon and a container) he can bang together. If he feeds less often, it will be more likely to be for nourishment rather than mucking around.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    That a lovely video!

I thought I'd pop in and say "hi". I'm still proudly loving feeding *nearly* 17 month old Jasper.

And by STILL - I mean right now while I'm typing

Dilga is offline You taught me about my soul you shared with me your magic - John Butler Trio
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    we've made it to 12months! It's been a long hard road but its paid off and I am to happy and proud of myself for sticking it out. Here's to at least another year of boobie milk for my baby girl

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hey ladies, we are only 10.5 months atm but planning on 18 months at least, so Ill be here then! Just a question: has anyone's 12+ month BFers night weaned themselves yet? If so what age? Im not rushing DS into it or anything, just looking forward to eventual night weaning when he is ready and was hoping it might be happening sometime this year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    just thought I'd pop back in We reached 3 years since I last posted in this particular thread and are still going strong. DS still feeds to sleep but will fall asleep on his own if I'm not there (happens about once every 3 months, I don't go out much!)
    DS is a great sleeper though, like last night he slept for 13.5 hours from 6:40pm to just after 8am, gotta love that! So you see, just because a toddler feeds to sleep doesn't mean that they will be terrible sleepers. DS did BF overnight last night but it was only once and because we cosleep I was able to fall back to sleep

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilahh View Post
    Hey ladies, we are only 10.5 months atm but planning on 18 months at least, so Ill be here then! Just a question: has anyone's 12+ month BFers night weaned themselves yet? If so what age? Im not rushing DS into it or anything, just looking forward to eventual night weaning when he is ready and was hoping it might be happening sometime this year.
    Jasper was night weaned with the help of a 4 night stay at tresillian at 14 months.

Now at 17 months he's 'talked' me into a 3-4am feed and then he gets his morning feed around 6ish.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tegan15 View Post
    we've made it to 12months! It's been a long hard road but its paid off and I am to happy and proud of myself for sticking it out. Here's to at least another year of boobie milk for my baby girl
    hi Tegan ! congrats on getting there!!!!!!!!!
    I'm so so so proud of you too, even working from home to ensure you're there for your DD!

Quote Originally Posted by Lilahh View Post
    DS sleeps from 7pm to about 630am with 1-2 feeds, i just feed him and put him back in his cot. I normally feed/offer feeds 6-7x in 24hrs, and sometimes DS refuses feeds, esp when im due to ovulate. i just go with whats happening with DS, if he wakes for a feed and i don't give it to him then we all now about it! but i remember your other threads and posts in the past and our DS's are not too similar...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hhe... I get to join in now cause DS is 1 yr old now!

We've had a few ups and downs - the early days of not gaining weight (in fact he's still not, but he's healthy as an ox), having formula pushed at us constantly, being told breastfeeding was screwing with his brain development because it wasn't nutricious enough. Then early in my pregnancy when he went off it for a while, then the nipple thrush, and now the ever sensitive nipples each time he feeds.... but we've made it this far and he's showing no sign of wanting to wean at all. So it looks like I may end up tandem feeding, just as I wanted to!

I'm so proud of my little man, and so pleased with myself for persevering through all teh above, sticking to my guns, and trusting that my breasts can nourish my child no matter what anyone else's opinion might be.
    Last edited by NonnyMouse; 18-04-2010 at 23:09.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by branjie View Post
    javic if he's getting on that many times, I doubt it's for a feed, probably either a comfort thing, or just something to do. I would try and distract him by taking him outside, or showing him his favourite toy, or some things in the kitchen (like a wooden spoon and a container) he can bang together. If he feeds less often, it will be more likely to be for nourishment rather than mucking around.

Thanks, Branjie! I really appreciate you taking time to answer - I will try it. Now 2 months pregnant and it's getting too exhausting feeding 20+ times a day and night. So, I think I will try night weaning as well. The time has come!