+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 59 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I made it to....

2 years

My bub was 2 on wednesday, and i am still feeding, proud of myself...much

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations giblet, yep you can increase your supply by offering more feeds- best way to do it!

And congratulations to you too JJ!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Giblet - how wonderful for you! Hope i get lucky soon too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi ladies, can I join your fantastic exclusive club? We just scrape in with DD at 13 months of age! Our BF journey started off a very turbulent one with mastitis (3 times and a week in hospital), severe nipple damage, staph infections, low supply, allergies etc, etc... BUT.. We stuck through it and we're still going strong. Am demand feeding but she usually only has an early morning feed and a bedtime feed. Occasionally if she is crook, or teething, or has fallen over and hurt herself she will seek out some extra comfort. There are days when I am adamant I want to wean her, but then I will sit there in the early morning, when the world is quiet, she'll be snuggled in to my chest, gently playing with my belly button, and I'll be stroking he soft hair... And it strikes me that it won't last forever and that I'll know I'll miss it when it's over.. So why rush the process!

Thanks
    Reviews
    we have just hit 15 months here!!! TBH i have days where i just wish he would wean, but i love it all in all... well lately it has been hard because he is teething and is off and on ALL the time, its tiring me out and making me sooo sore its not funny, i know we will make it through these tough times because even though he will have a bottle of cows milk, he will come straight to me after as if to say well what was that meant to do??? satisfy me, well it hasn't mummy!!!

i'm not sure if i want to go past 2 yrs old, i got some backlash from family when i went over 12 months, but i feel it is my choice and i will stick to it!!! right now i'm not ready to give my baby up because he is the last DF is adamant that there will be no more

BoyCrazy is offline <MY SWEET BABY GIRL HARPER 9 MONTHS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hey girls

was wondering if i could join you as well? i am currently feeding my ds2, he is 13mths, and i fed my eldest til he was 33mths (he sadly self-weaned when i fell pregnant with ds2) i was quite sad as i wouldve liked to have tandem fed them both. however i was extremely happy that he fed til a few months shy of 3yrs!!

am currently ttc #3 whilst breastfeeding, & am really hoping i get to tandem feed my 2nd and 3rd bubs together this time round!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi all,
    i'm posting my question here as well because i think you guys might know best...
    well, i am now 6 weeks pregnant and, lately DS (18 months) has been wanting to feed more often and for longer. it's almost all day and all night. i'm sure he latches on like 20 times a day! and he swaps sides no, when he never used to.
    anyway, i've been wondering if it might be that my supply is running low. so, i was wondering, how do you tell if this is so? do you have to pump and see how much you get?

Thanks
    Reviews
    WOOHOO

I can now join this thread!!!! My DS was 1 on the 3rd of April and we're still going strong! He is 100% breastfed when i'm with him and only recieves formula or EBM whilst i'm at work!
    We still feed at least 6x a day (apart from work days) and my ultimate goal is 2 years but i know he may self wean before that (i highly doubt it though).
    After all our initial troubles with poor weight gain and reflux etc etc i'm so happy and proud to make it to this point with a happy, contented baby who is healthy, feeds and sleeps well and who is just an absolute joy to be around!

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Javic, just let him feed as he wants! Have you got a copy of Adventures in Tandem Feeding? It's a great book!

Great news Jaspat welcome!

And a welcome to everyone else who had joined us

DS1 has dropped feeds heaps, down to 1-2 times a day the last couple of days, it's irritating the hell out of me when he does to the point I'm inflicting pain on myself because it 'deadens' the irritation

SPC is offline Senior Member
    Winner 2010- The Most Passionate Crusader Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello! Just popping in to share this lovely video I found. Made me smile.