+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    my little one is 14 months old now. it was good reading the posts for i was thnking about weaning to try to fall pregnant again. should i cut back from 3 feeds per day though? I love feeding my little one. he loves it too. i dont really want to stop.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Tomorrow is my baby's 1st birthday and our one year anniversary of the start of our BF relationship.

It's been brilliant. Such a rocky start - nipple trush, intraductal thrush, staph infection in the first 3 weeks. But once that sorted itself out - it's been pretty plain sailing.

My little girl still wakes 2 - 3 times for "mook" and she feeds all day on and off. I love our feeding relationship - I feel very close to her.

It has healed some of the scars I have from my first BF relationship which was not as successful. I have come to peace with the terrible loss I have felt, and realise I did the best I could with the tools I had at the time.

So happy birthday to us (yes it's my birthday tomorrow, not only do we have a beautiful BF relationship, we also share our birthday ) and happy BF anniversary to us too.

I've been waiting ages to poke my bib in this thread.

And now I can

demeter is offline Breastfeeding since 2008, tandem since 2010 (Free Breastfeeding Support: 1800 686 2 686)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by giblet View Post
    my little one is 14 months old now. it was good reading the posts for i was thnking about weaning to try to fall pregnant again. should i cut back from 3 feeds per day though? I love feeding my little one. he loves it too. i dont really want to stop.
    I say listen to your heart. If you don't want to stop, don't. Your next baby will come when the time is right for him or her, no matter what your plans are Plenty of breastfeeding mothers have got pregnant while feeding (well..maybe not the exact same moment ) and there are mums who have weaned and the next baby hasn't come along for a while anyway, iykwim. It's really a call only you and your little one can make.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverCityMummy View Post
    Hi everyone!

I had my baby boy 16th January 2009 when I was 21... 12months later I am still happily breastfeeding my beautiful baby boy.

While I was pregnant I wasn't sure if I wanted to BF, I'm glad I made the decision though and never looked back.

I Love BF, it something between me & him that is so special and just for us.

I love looking down at his face and love tickling his little feet and making him giggle and smile while he's drinking, it's so gorgeous!

I don't know when I'll decide to stop BF, it'll most likely be up to my baby when he's ready. But I feel sad just thinking about it!
    WELCOME TO THE THREAD! And Happy anniversary to you and your little one

Quote Originally Posted by justmum View Post
    Tomorrow is my baby's 1st birthday and our one year anniversary of the start of our BF relationship.

It's been brilliant. Such a rocky start - nipple trush, intraductal thrush, staph infection in the first 3 weeks. But once that sorted itself out - it's been pretty plain sailing.

My little girl still wakes 2 - 3 times for "mook" and she feeds all day on and off. I love our feeding relationship - I feel very close to her.

It has healed some of the scars I have from my first BF relationship which was not as successful. I have come to peace with the terrible loss I have felt, and realise I did the best I could with the tools I had at the time.

So happy birthday to us (yes it's my birthday tomorrow, not only do we have a beautiful BF relationship, we also share our birthday ) and happy BF anniversary to us too.

I've been waiting ages to poke my bib in this thread.

And now I can
    Happy breastfeeding and birthing anniversary to you! That part about healing from your own BF experience: that was lovely. WELCOME TO THE THREAD! My mum and I share a birthday too, but it was never joyous every year she complained about having to share her birthday and having kids over for my parties.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by demeter View Post
    Happy breastfeeding and birthing anniversary to you! That part about healing from your own BF experience: that was lovely. WELCOME TO THE THREAD! My mum and I share a birthday too, but it was never joyous every year she complained about having to share her birthday and having kids over for my parties.
    Thanks for the lovely welcome. I am sorry sharing a birthday with your mother hasn't been happy - I will keep that in mind as my little Olive grows. All day yesterday I kept forgetting it was even my birthday - surely that's just life when you're a mum!

It's interesting how a successful BF relationship can heal the scars of a sad one. Often I see mothers struggle the first time and then decide not to try the second time because it hurts too much (emotionally). You really have to be willing to hang yourself on that line in case it goes South again.

As a society we don't provide the emotional security net that women need to succeed, esp for subsequent babies.

I had PND the first time from what happened with BF my son. Still I look back with sadness and a little regret but I am so much better now I have my daughter and we are actually doing it!

So umm anyway lots of ramble from me. I'm just feeling really happy and blessed to be here

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    congratulations to everybody who's recently reached the 12-month mark!

My son is 16 months now, and is still as keen as ever.

It's reached a nice level of flexibility though. My partner took him out for a few hours today, and didn't need any EBM as he can be distracted. But when I'm around he attacks me regularly. I was on the phone yesterday and he was chasing me around the house, sort of laughing and whining at the same time, wanting a feed.

I must remember not to wear low cut dresses in public. He was clambering all over me today, and he has the most bizarre evil laugh when he is presented with boobs/food.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am 23 months this Thursday! I am pretty much 100% sure we will make it past the 2 year mark, still feeding on demand, and trust me, she demands!

LOL MsMummy, my dd is the same! Today at Seaworld i was wearing a boob tube! I will never do it again whilst out in public. DD was trying to help herself all the time, not for hunger, just coz she could.

I too can leave bub with no milk for the day and DH has no dramas, he can get her off for a nap etc, but once me and the boobies come home, thats it! Wish i could cut the night feeds, we still on the 'every few hours' feeding schedule all night and i would love to get a full nights sleep, i doubt my body could even do it though, its in the routine of night wakings!

My little miss is still tweaking! Almost out of it since i had a bout of nipple thrush and i had to stop her, despite her protests, from touching my nipples as it was sooooo painful. Anyhow, milstat sorted us out and she is tweaking less, more just placing her hand on my nipple to be sure it is there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats to all the mums for their 'long-term' breastfeeding!!

I am currently breastfeeding both my kids, my daughter aged 3 years and two months, and my son aged 15 months. My 3 year old still has at least one feed a day (to go to sleep ), sometimes one in the morning. My son would feed all day if he could!! lol But really, he has maybe 6 feeds a day.

I fed my daughter throughout my pregnancy with my son, and was allowed home the day after giving birth because my milk was already in!!

Mrs Molly Coddle is offline I've admitted in writing that veve is awesome - eeek she has proof!!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    hey all. Just passed the 20 month mark .
    One nipple is KILLING me when he feeds though. I cried last feed. Any ideas what that could be?? I sometimes wake up with dried blood on my nipples (we co-sleep) so I think he bites me during the night but could that be it? Feels like when you first start BFing and it's like.. that razor feeling. Uggggh

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    nipple thrush??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nipple thruh for ure, i still have it god it hurts. Both nipples now have it, one is bleeding. I cry too.

Tried nilstat oral lat week, it helped a little but found daktarin oral gel to be working heaps better. I put it on with my finger and ue breast pads in my bra. Even the fabric of my clothes is causing me pain.

Check bub mouth, maybe bub has it. I couldnt see and milk curd looking stuff in bub mouth so pharmasist said keep on eye on her inner cheeks,tounge etc and treat her if needed but for now the bit she gets off my nipple will be fine.

I feel your pain.