+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 59 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Lambkin: I've noticed people look a bit confused when I tell them he's 15 months.

But I tell most people as I'm really proud. I've worked 3 days a week since he was 3 months, and 4 days since about 10 months, and we're still going. I'm a bit sick of expressing though.

It's weird. He likes breastfeeding so much more now than when he was a newborn. We had terrible attachment issues, and he went on a nursing strike for almost two weeks when he was 3 months old. He just loved the bottle.

Now he is starting to push away the bottle, and seems to wait to attack me. My partner had to give him the milk in a sippy cup today to try and trick him as he just kept throwing the bottle.

I always assumed babies just weaned at some stage, but I can't see him doing it. Particularly as I feed him to sleep and we co-sleep. The little monkey has it on tap.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi!!
    I'm currently breastfeeding both my 14 month old DS and his sister who is 3yrs and 2 months.

They are both great feeders, haven't had any problems with either of them. Depending on what kind of day we've had (whether DD has had an arvo sleep or not!!) I'm still tandem feeding at least twice or three times a month. DD sits on my lap in a traditional BF position, and DS sits on her lap and has access to the other side!! DD has 'claimed' my right breast, and 'given' DS my left!!

She calls it 'numinees', and when I ask DS, i say 'do you want some tucker?' He happily latches on and after a couple of sucks, looks up at me and says 'dada tucker', cos DH always says to him 'you're having my tucker, that's mine!!'

Will be back to post on here again, this is a wonderful thread!!

Mrs Molly Coddle is offline I've admitted in writing that veve is awesome - eeek she has proof!!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    c38 - I walked up the back to feed him and there were 5 attendants standing there. Five! The only place I could have gone was the confession booth - maybe I should have? haha. He still has a dummy so he was okay with that and the little box of toys they had there but it was touch and go for a while.
    Have been trying to sleep on my tummy as wel. Am most comfortable doing that anyway but he does tend to holler if he doesn't get access. Might need to try some less revealing bed time gear. I hate sleeping in clothes. Bahh!! But I probably hate nipple in each hand thing worse

jabberjaw - happy booberversary!!
    I agree about the night feeding. If I have any brainwaves, I shall let you know.

MsMummy - you should be proud! What a fantastic achievement!!
    I thought Elliot was going to wean himself at about 14 months I think then all of a sudden, he was all over me like a rash, like you are saying yours is! I used to say to DH that he wanted to BF all the time because he figured out that if I was BFing, I couldn't leave! He does get very clingy my boy though it is common in the toddler years or so I am told/reassured.

I got two hot milk bras today for $30 each, btw. Woohoo! My old maternities don't fit properly anymore and I was inspired by a thread in the general section and took myself shopping for bargains. I fed him before I left though so I was empty and the bras fit perfectly. Now I'm home and my cups runneth over!! Nevermind. they'll fit *some* of the time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Ladies

Can I please hijack this thread and ask some opinions from you experts

My DS is almost 7 months and the last couple of days he hasn't been too intrested in feeding during the day, he will have one suck and then pull away or sometimes will strat crying when I offer it to him. Before he goes to bed I feed him and after two or three attempts he will have a drink but he will suck me dry and will still want more. I know there is nothing in there as when I squeeze them nothing comes out and usually it squirts everywhere. Whe he wakes in the night he feeds fine and then goes straight back to sleep. I am really not sure what to do and I really dont want to stop feeding him as he is still my little baby.

Any advice would be great

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amiee View Post
    Hi Ladies

Can I please hijack this thread and ask some opinions from you experts

My DS is almost 7 months and the last couple of days he hasn't been too intrested in feeding during the day, he will have one suck and then pull away or sometimes will strat crying when I offer it to him. Before he goes to bed I feed him and after two or three attempts he will have a drink but he will suck me dry and will still want more. I know there is nothing in there as when I squeeze them nothing comes out and usually it squirts everywhere. Whe he wakes in the night he feeds fine and then goes straight back to sleep. I am really not sure what to do and I really dont want to stop feeding him as he is still my little baby.

Any advice would be great

Thanks
    Ear infection?? My bub does this with sore ears before any other symptoms appear

Teething? Another time bub refuses

Period returning? My DD fusses like mad a day or two before there arrival, so i always know.

Have you tried bub in a different hold IE. football hold, tucking him behind you resting his head in your palm, or even laying down?

But if it was my bub i would get ears checked straight away as she is sooo fussy if she has a sore one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    amiee: I agree with JJ - maybe make sure he's not suffering any health problems.

Re supply, I would express to keep it up as he'll come back to it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies.

I dont think its his ears as we went to the Drs today for his needles and he has spots on him so the Dr checked his temp, ears, throat etc and said it was just heat rash.

Hopefully its teeth as he doesn't have any yet. Once they come through do you think he will attach again straight away?

I dont mean to sound dumb but what time do you think will best to express as I dont want him then to want some and there be nothing left, if that makes sense.

Thanks again

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Maybe just try to express a little after each feed. Dont stress about not getting to much out, i am not good at expressing either, only one of my boobs will co operate the other refuses to let me! weird.

If you think its teeth you could try hyland teething tablets, most chemists stock them and they are homeopathic so safe. Just will ease the annoying feeling bub has, because sometimes there teeth go up and down or a bit before breaking through.

Are you keeping your own fluid up?drinking enough water? Goggle lactogentic food, its stuff that will help you make nice fatty milk to fill bubs tummy too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone!

I had my baby boy 16th January 2009 when I was 21... 12months later I am still happily breastfeeding my beautiful baby boy.

While I was pregnant I wasn't sure if I wanted to BF, I'm glad I made the decision though and never looked back.

I Love BF, it something between me & him that is so special and just for us.

I love looking down at his face and love tickling his little feet and making him giggle and smile while he's drinking, it's so gorgeous!

I don't know when I'll decide to stop BF, it'll most likely be up to my baby when he's ready. But I feel sad just thinking about it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have just given up BFing 5 days ago, my dd is just over 15 months, i just found out i am pregnant so i wanted to stop and have a lil break in between, she was a full on feeder and i thought i better start now as it will be a long battle suprisingly she is fine with it i can't believe the first nite just rolled over and went to sleep when i said milk finished now, and we have a few 1 min cries when she has woken in the night but other than that we are done kinda sad cos i thought it would be gradual and didn't have a last feed and have time to think ok this is last one, i am pround with how we went and look forward to it again. Thanks for listening.