+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 59 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Mrs Molly Coddle is offline I've admitted in writing that veve is awesome - eeek she has proof!!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    punkydiva maybe we all need to try a squeezy ball with a blue tac nipple on it or something!!

I have a bra on during the day but he creeps his little hand in it anyway. They're sort of saggy, baggy bras aren't they? Even the exxy breastfeeding bras I find that, in laying down on the side to feed, the breast that's meant to stay in the bra just plops on out.

I am trying to convince DS that tweaking my NOSE is a much more fun alternative. He tweaks and I go "Beeeep.. BOOOOOM!" as if I explode which is HILARIOUS to an 18mth old. Seems to be working but am yet to find a solution to the midnight, still asleep tweaking.

meme. 4 years is remarkable. Congratulations and welcome

Are you all still wearing wirefree bras? It's been over 2 years since I've worn a bra with an underwire. Wait.. that's a lie. I wore an underwired corset when I got married (for about 20 mins then took it off as it was so uncomfortable!) and wore an underwire to a party a few weeks ago. I have to wear 2 wirefree bras to the gym or else I don't have enough support. I'm about to start running (well.. going to try very hard to LEARN to run) and I don't know if I should just get an underwire bra to wear during that time then take it off straight away. Maybe I should just wear 3 wirefree ones! hehe why not eh? There are no rules

demeter is offline Breastfeeding since 2008, tandem since 2010 (Free Breastfeeding Support: 1800 686 2 686)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lambkin View Post
    I am trying to convince DS that tweaking my NOSE is a much more fun alternative. He tweaks and I go "Beeeep.. BOOOOOM!" as if I explode which is HILARIOUS to an 18mth old.
    That's adorable

Quote Originally Posted by lambkin View Post
    Are you all still wearing wirefree bras?
    I've just started doing it on occassion when the maternity bras are in the wash, but almost always in underwire-free bras still

22 months now, clocked up another month on Monday. I've noticed my boobs have shrunk in the last couple of months, and become softer. I can fit into bras I have been too big for since pregnancy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awwww..what a lovely thread. Love it! And Punky, I love that you fed your grabndson. When I was training to be a nanny 16 years ago, one of the Mothers bf another Mother's child after being left with him for 4 hours with nothing to feed him, and she was ostracised by the rest of her Mother's group. Completely unfair, as she was doing the best thing for bubs.
    DD is 16 months, and laying across my lap as I type this...no nipple tweaking here..I have ridiculously huge boobs, so she grabs on with both hands. She has started slapping me, but I think it is her way of comfort patting. I love the way she comes up to me giggling, with that cheeky smile, and I know exactly what she is after...cheeky lil cherub.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies....I have seen this wonderful thread a many times but am so busy with DS I dont get lots of time to get on here anymore. So I will bite the bullet today & jump on in!!...

Going on 15mths BF here & love it...greatest thing I have ever done...

I will keep it short & sweet as I have a mums group morning tea arriving shortly but I have a quick question??

Just after 12mths bub really dropped off the boob...now he has come back with vengance!! Feeding every couple of hrs again...is this the norm?? Im guessing maybe a growth spurt as he is a BIG boy.

Anyhoo...have a lovely day ladies...I will try to pop in often...

PS - bad nipple tweaker here too!! Near snaps it off sometimes...lol
    Last edited by 84zsazsa; 17-12-2009 at 09:29.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just after 12mths bub really dropped off the boob...now he has come back with vengance!! Feeding every couple of hrs again...is this the norm?? Im guessing maybe a growth spurt as he is a BIG boy.
    hi,
    It's not abnormal for breastfeeding to be less often and then more often. So many things are in the range of normal. Breastfeeding is food drink and comfort so it's normal for it to meet these needs at varying degrees over the course of your breastfeeding relationship.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My wee man has droppped his arvo feed but is wanting to feed all night long now. The other night I had a rare eight hour sleep in my bed free of any munchkins. It was total bliss!!

My grand daughter is excercising her right to use mummies nipple as a teething soother, my DD is not impressed or looking forward to when there are teeth there as well. She thought I was being a Drama Queen when I would yelp at her brothers chewing habits during feeds, but now knows first hand it is not a pleasant experience lol.
    Have a safe and joyful Christmas my lactating buddies.
    Last edited by PunkyDiva; 24-12-2009 at 05:32.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love this thread but keep forgetting to post...

Hope you all had a Merry Big Breast feeding Bubba Christmas

I'm still feeding DS at 17.5mths and OMG the nipple tweeking!!!! Aghhh!!! drives me bonkers. He also kind of scratches the other boob. Both are nearly ...nearly... enough to make me want him to wean somedays

Do others bubs insist on trying to stand on their head or bring their knees up and push away from you so that they end up with their legs dangling over the edge of the chair...?? I mean seriously...what was once a nice relaxing time, is now like some sort of bizare battle for him to keep his toddler ants in pants bott still long enough to feed.

He goes to CC 2 days a week when I work. I don't express anymore as I figure that he wont starve and will catch up when I'm around. One of the carers commented the otherday that it's a good thing for him to have the days away from me to "help him wean at this age" Grrrrrrrrr!!! Poor darl got an earful of the WHO recommendations and how there's LOTs of worse things I could be filling him up on.

Bubmum I get that cheeky grin too...and he does the babysign for drink, and smacks his lips.. LOL the ONLY time he does the baby sign for drink as he obviously associates it with YummyMummy (as we call it) not water or cows milk.

Mrs Molly Coddle is offline I've admitted in writing that veve is awesome - eeek she has proof!!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    c38 - I wake up every morning to acrobatic Elliot standing on one leg with his other food in my mouth sucking away with his little fingers tweaking the free nipple. It's insane. he won't let go with his mouth but wants to twist and contort his body and it kills sometimes! I long for the days when he just used to lay there and gaze at me! Ahh well. I don't sit still when I have a drink usually either so I guess I cannay complain (though i shall continue )
    Nipple tweaking has reached new levels. He goes to sleep now with one in each hand, I kid you not. Have tried trading for a dolly, teddy, washer, mobile phone, toothbrush, car keys, anything/everything but noooooo. My sister says "they're his comforter!!" He still has feeds but only really once he is asleep although was at a funeral the other day (of all places) and he was pulling at my top squealing "boob! Boob!' and crying wanting a BF which is very unusual for the middle of the day. Maybe he sensed the upset and tension around him and needed some comfort. I was too embarrassed to bf him in church and it was raining outside. I wish I didn't feel like that - I would have BF him if he was younger - but there were a lot of older men and women there and it just seemed really insensitive or inappropriate or something so I let him suffer and was played cars on the floor at the back instead. Bad mummy!

Has everyone else sort of stopped talking about BFing now? I used to talk about it all the time but I keep getting awkward silences when I mention it so I just keep my mouth shut.

Feeling quite committed to keeping going, I think, despite sleepless nights and constant freakin nipple play! Do they get over this?? He wil never ever wean himself, I don't think. He is in LOVE with my breasts. Maybe he will wean when he gets a girlfriend/boyfriend.
    Last edited by Mrs Molly Coddle; 04-01-2010 at 22:29.

Thanks
    Reviews
    even though he sleeps most of the night in his own bed Ive taken to wearing a T shirt to bed. If he comes into my bed during the night I lift it for a brief feed..as soon as I feel him drifting, down goes the shirt and I roll onto my tummy. As he was doing similar. Some nights he would wake and Id put him into my bed and he would just grab my nipples and drift back off to sleep..ie not even feed!!. I decided I needed to be firm as it urks me so much I'm afraid in my sleep I might think hes some pesky bloke in my bed goping the grope and slap him.

G still has quite a few feeds during the day, espescially if we are home. Out and about he's not too bad if we are on the move and he;s distracted, but if we are sitting about then he will start smaking those lips... Hmm I probably would have snuck up the back of the church and fed him in the corner...would have been quieter in Gs case

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have hit the 23 months of breastfeeding mark yesterday LOL, still constantly twearking Grrr and also an acrobatic feeder which often hurts. Still feeding on demand <<<< me rolling my eyes! Because bub is great all day, feeds when she wakes, for nap and for bed but still wakes up like a bluddy newborn! I am sooooooo tired! And this is one of the only reasons i am wanting bub to wean (although its impossible, havent even taken steps to do so,,i just sy it to myself in my head when my boobies are sore and my nipples hurt)

Generally though i do enjoy it. Happy, mostly, to continue till she decides, but i need to get the night sleeping sorted out before i go crazy.

Happy breast feeding ladies