Closed Thread
Page 62 of 64 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 4X IVFer in Bris Hi

Hi All,
    I found this thread just yesterday evening and read through all 61 pages. The counter on the bottom of the page is deceptive. I thought I was near the end many times only to find more and more pages. It has been great to find an Aussie site with over 40 IVFers. I have only recently begun looking after our latest IVF failure. It has been great to see so many new thoughts on IVF and the stories have been like a high quality drama. I cried and hurrayed (quietly at 1am). I saw micca change over her sig to BFP and was very happily stunned as was only up to beginning of her try 2 at that time.

Absolutely fantastic to hear so much of my experience being reflected here. I am not a freak. I identify with some of the sad events and trials (its a shame they are part and parcel of the process), but it has been also great to remember the success and excitement when our DD came along. Makes me a little more hopeful.

We are currently looking into donor options and trying to work out what to do next as $$s and emotions are hurting. I was really down and angry after the last one didnt work. DP used the stay clear method and that only greased the slide for me so off to counselling as well.

Must go DD has been very patient, but now losing it.
    Last edited by cillile; 29-06-2010 at 15:12. Reason: spelling

Thanks
    Reviews
    Micca - good luck with your scan (I'm sure you don't need it!)

Sunny - good luck with your appt on Thursday.

Sooz - Fingers crossed for you tww

Lilly - I hope your follicles are doing the right thing for you.

AFM - Well I had my beautiful 8 cells transferred in this morning. It turns out I have an infection but the FS said it is not an issue as it is not in the uterus. I have two lots of anti-biotics to take though. I had a similar infection following my previous cycle but it didn't appear until after my BT. Starting crinone and patches today and tww - BT on 12 July.

Following the question re working tonight I am off to have a nanna nap now so I am not too tired!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Otgirl - Congratulations on being PUPO.....I hope the 2WW treats you well and it doesnt do your head in. Your name now gets added to my nice, big, rounded belly visualisation sessions....call me crazy, but I will try anything!

Cillile - Welcome......this thread is a wealth of information. I too discovered this thread after my first (hopefully only) BFN and was so glad to read similar, if not, exactly the same stories as me.....it was vindication that I was not abnormal and what I was going through and feeling was the norm. Being with other 40+ IVFers is a real comfort too, as they so understand the trials, tribulations and the ever present ticking clock (d*mn that clock ).

AFM
    Still doing the healthy mind and healthy body thing.....went food shopping today and my fruit bowl has never looked so full and colourful!!! .....my body is probably saying 'what the..??!!'.

One more sleep to go for my appointment....I have my list of questions at the ready.....FS wont know what hit him tomorrow!!!!

Have a good night everyone.....will pop in later for a quick look see.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default DD sleeping so some more intro

Was a bit rushed last time but a bit of free time now. Had to fix the spelling and some phrasing in the last post (was an English teacher), but would like to say some more about where we are now, perhaps vent a bit.

We were very lucky the first time, spoilt perhaps, so were completely unprepared for BFNs. Knew the statistics, but somehow felt they didnt apply to us. After all it worked last time and we were just using IVF so A and B could meet and produce D (retrograde ejaculation from management of SI was preventing this i.e. sperm went the wrong way and didnt come out the usual end). Little did we realise just how much difference a few years could make (I was completely thrown as I was fine, wasnt I?). It feels a lot different being told BFNs are egg quality. Also turns out the great sperm the Dr had previous talked about may have been a man boost thing as it is really only just wriggling and not that plentiful. (Our Dr had said he uses ICIS with all his older patients.)

Feel really let down that clinic didnt make any effort to explain and help us fully appreciate the age thing earlier as had first contacted them about number 2 when our DD was six months old, then again at 18 months and 2 years until finally went in and saw the Dr at 2 1/2 despite DD still breast feeding. All we were told was call back when youve finished breast feeding. They should have been a bit more proactively supportive and informative I think. Surely it is something that comes up all the time. They should have realised how little we truely understood the situation.

Dr likes things simple and has used what sounds like in comparison to what Im seeing here a conservative approach. Syneral, GonalF (300 - 450 and back again), usual trigger, pessary progesterone support and Pregnol inject X 2. Same each time except uping the then reducing the GonalF. I guess not really many times to fiddle around and try stuff, but as it hasn't worked I am now wishing he was pushing it a bit harder.

Egg number at pick up have never been high, 5-7 with only 0-4 making it to transfer. First attempt only 7 with 5 mature and 3 fertilised and then only 2 ok for transfer, but did make one DD .

Investigating options, hopefully something will come up.

All the best to you all. Have to chat some more soon.
    Last edited by cillile; 29-06-2010 at 15:59. Reason: Pretty it up

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sunny - good luck with your appointment tomorrow, I hope it goes well for you

Otgirl - Hope your 2ww flies by and I really hope you get your BFP!!!

Cillile - Welcome and thanks for sharing your story so far with us. It is hard to know which direction to take sometimes.

Hope everyone is doing well

AFM - we are out again for another month grrrr FSH still too high. So back to waiting again

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi guys

otgirl...yay for being in the 2ww insane asylum.... go your great embies. The antibiotics will certainly help rather than hinder....the colarado protocol uses antibiotics as a normal adjunct...
    So lets hope that this is your time...
    relax as much as you can over the next few days.

chilli.... grrr how frustrating for you... egg quality is such a big problem but you can improve the eggs with the vitamins.... I would be taking about 600mg of coenzyme Q10 as well as high doses Vit E,C,D, zinc, Fish oil. evening primrose, spiralina,wheat grass, kelp. It can really make a difference...I hope that the next cycle will work... dont forget to take baby aspirin as it works...

Sooz hows your insane train going, at least you have company with otgirl now... you can cackle and giggle madly at each other and pick the diamontes off the straight jackets...

soclose.... grr what a bummer with the FSH.... all I have to say is wheat grass...get some tabs and take about 6 a day...it can help reduce FSH.
    just so frustrating...if you continue to have problems then find a FS that will let you cycle... as its only when its>20 it can cause real problems with follicle stimulation

sunny... wow I am impressed with your shopping efforts...I do things like that and then watch my science experiment in fruit putrification...lol...
    Keep up the good work and visualisations

lilly... sorry to hear you have a cold..sucks... blackmores cold combat is really good and a natural product.
    Good for you getting the flu shot... I got the swine flu one....
    Cant wait to hear when you start your next cycle.... you are ripe n ready...

goldy - hope you are going ok in your 2ww...hang in there

penny...long time no hear...

kittyM..whats up ??

AFM
    another busy day
    had an acupunture session with my acu guy and told him the good news he was very estatic and gave me a very gentle session of which I fell asleep in and snored !!!!!...lol...lol...but I feel really good now.
    2 sleeps until the uss...sigh.
    the rest of the blood test came back
    24dpo...beta 1277 oestrogen 17,850 prog = 605

wow I must really be pregnant. The progesterone is increasing which is a good sign that the placenta is taking over.
    Ive some episodes of nausea...mainly just before lunch, breakie and it has gone after eating...really tired...its friday for me tomorrow YAY so I have 4 days off....woohoo......time to catch up and relax, do some baking and soups...

stay sane everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone
    Thanks for welcomes !
    Trying to learn the stage of everyone's journeys so please forgive me if I don't quite nail it yet !

Cillile, totally agree, how wonderful is it to have others in the same boat. As I get closer to EPU and hopefully some nice embies, I am spending all my time online in these forums ! Welcome aboard, I'm a newbie too. Your journey has been a long one, all the best with your thinking and next decision-making time. It is very frustrating when you feel like you don't get the whole picture or right info from the medical profession; I also wonder about FS's and how much of this is skill versus inexact science. Either way, it's so very emotionally taxing on us patients. My FS gave me a similar dose of Gonal F (acutally ended up on puregon) but I went straight to an antagonist cycle, so no sniffing. I have heard alot of Drs change up the cycle - and patients change Drs but it's so hard to know what to do when all your trust is in doc.

Micca, all sounds well in your world ! Good results on the prog, I hope all is moving smoothly with your lil embie. Accu session sounds great !!! I am trying to fit in an accupuncture session around transfer, I have left my run a little late but figure something is better than nothing. Jealous of your 4 days off, although I'm thinking I'll chuck a sickie tomorrow and Friday (EPU Thurs) to give me a nice long time of rest.

Sunny, the day before FS appt is always nervousness/excitement/anticipation -- good luck !! And post how you went asap.

sooz, OTgirl & Goldy, rest up and take it very easy, wouldn't it be nice if we could have a nana nap for the entire 2ww ?? Sorta like IVF Rip van Winkle hehe. And then you wake up to a BFP ! Best of luck.

lilly and soclose, here's to time passing quickly for you guys too so you can get back into next cycles. Lilly, it's great to have a person to talk to face to face. We just found out my DH's best mate and wife conceived their two via IVF so now I'm sharing some experiences with her.

to everyone else ! chilli, penny, kittym and others - sorry if I missed you !

AFM, just over an hour to trigger, EPU Thurs morning. I am feeling full as a goog, and nurse was a little concerned about OHSS ("be alert, not alarmed" she said) so drank bucketloads of water and gatorade today, don't have any other symptoms but will keep close watch tomorrow and beyond.
    Clinic told me after yesterday's scan I have 'very young' ovaries . I have 20 follies, yest had a couple @ 17mm and 15mm so if they've grown a couple more mm, I'll be very happy.

How did you guys feel after EPU ? This is my first, I have sedation -- but I saw a woman in my clinic the other day who obviously came out of EPU and she looked dreadful. I'm a bit worried about how I might react as I'm a 10 pound weakling.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello all.

Sorry for the lack of update - I threw myself back into work to keep myself occupied when my cycle was cancelled.

Congrats Micca on you fab news, can't wait to hear how the scan goes.

Good luck to Goldy and OTgirl, I'm crossing everything for you both.

Our update:

Cycle cancelled as lazy follicles didn't respond to Puregon 300u although did respond favourably to 450u, however FS felt it better to abandon cycle and start afresh. So had trigger on 15th June, anxiously awaiting AF and then I can start Microgynon for 21 days then cycle without down regulating on synergal and try GonalF 450u.

I felt absolutely awful during the last cycle, and didn't feel at all like myself - even my DH has said he's glad to get the old me back. !!

My headaches have gone and I'm much less irritable than I had been. Although think my hormones are still all over the place as I'm still very tearful - over the most stupid things.

On the bright side - I have 14 days till my first annual leave in 2 years - a whole 7 weeks off. So plenty of time to

Must go now - off to work soon.

Take care all.

XX

Thanks
    Reviews
    !!!!! !!!!! !!!!!

Haven't slept for the last 2hrs and I'm still shaking with shock! I couldn't bear it any longer..... I'd read of so many women doing HPTs at 10 and 12dpo, so just couldn't help myself. I did one on Tuesday night and BFN.... so depressed.

After picking myself back up, telling myself not to be so silly as it was way too early, I decided to try again at 12dpo, but using morning wee instead. Well the urge to wee seems to happen at 5.30am with regularity of recent, so much as I tried to hold on, it was impossible. So in my bleary eyed state, I snuck off to the spare bathroom so as not to wake DH and decided to use my Clear Blue digital pregnancy test rather than the First Response one I had used last time.

It didn't take long to come up and I was in disbelief, but clear as day it said "Pregnant", no pinky red lines, just a very clear "Pregnant". I kept staring at it thinking I was seeing things and making sure that I hadn't missed the word "Not" in front of the word pregnant, but couldn't find it no matter how many times I looked.

With shaky hands and still in disbelief, I ran into the bedroom and woke poor DH and asked him to please check what it said. Was I dreaming, or did it say "Pregnant". He sleepily agreed and we both held hands and tried to get back to sleep.

Sleep didn't come and I am now going to frantically investigate the chances of false positives, because I am still in shock and disbelief. Could this truly be our turn. It's our 6th cycle, 3rd with iVF, so it would be wondeful to think there's no more, but so hard to believe if it's true.

Just trying to stay calm and not get too excited - it's very early days yet. BT on Monday, but I won't be able to help but test again tomorrow or Saturday morning. Not sure if I should ring the clinic in case there is something extra I can do to make sure I help my littl one/s along.

So Close, Liily40, Lillybirdy, Otgirl, and any other lovely ladies I've missed - thanks for all of your kind welll wishes.

Sunny, thanks so much for those paraliminal visualisations, I'm sure they must have helpted!

Micca, I think you're right - there's definately something to be said for making an appointment with a new FS... LOL.

Ladies, thanks to all of you for your lovely thoughts and well wishes. It's so wonderful to have you all there to chat to whilst going through this emotionally challenging process.

Big hugs Sooz xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sooz that's a wonderful way to start the day. Best of luck over the next few days and for your BT on Monday.

Micca, good luck for the scan today I hope you get to see the little heartbeat.