Closed Thread
Page 54 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    hi gals
    hi everyone

ok well I actually left the hotel today...after a morning on the couch of of course,...!!! and actually got my hair cut..!! drum roll please...how long has it taken me....... 9months !!! since my last cut..lets just say that it was a little feral prior to the cut and I feel like a dog thats just been to the groomers...lol....
    I wandered around the shopping centre for a few hours and people watched.... fascinating...it was pensioner day so blue rinse and walking frames everywhere, as well and the requisite large number of pregnant women and babies....

I talked to my embies the entire trip.... and promised them lots of lovely things if they stick today and tomorrow... I walked through the baby department and ooohhhed and ahhhed and told them how lovely they would look in this, and how lovely it would be to be snuggled in this blanket... then I went to the book department and promised them lots and lots of lovely bedtime stories if they would just implant for mummy..... I bought some wool and promised them lots of lovely cuddly home made beanies and booties and jumpers...just please implant for mummy... so I spent all afternoon coaxing them to come and have a permanent home..... so Im still promising them everything, and Ive decided rubbing my tummy helps me to focus on my little darlings and encourage them to implant and stay with mummy.... its my new project for the next few weeks....I hope that my powers of persuasion will help them stay....

I had a few hypothesis confirmed today as well...on a randomised evidence based trial that I conducted in the shopping centre.... if you are obese and wear tight black leggings and a T-shirt... (always attractive) then you will be found in K-mart....lol..lol..lol...do your own evidence based study next time your out and about...now there of course no discriminatory slurs here just a scientific observation......lol..lol.. and remember the moral...no one looks attractive in tight black lycra leggings outside of a gym....

So its more treats for dinner....prawns and seafood salad..ooohh I cant wait...with yogurt and icecream for desert...yummy....
    Ill promise the embies a lifetime of fabulous cookies and cakes and homemade preserves if they will just snuggle in for mummy....
    have a great long weekend. Im so looking forward to driving home saturday and having some sleeps in my own bed..oh and more lounging around of course....

cheers
    xxxxx

ps....goldy
    great to hear from you, I hope that lining grows nice and thick...fingers crossed....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

I havent been about much due to poor internet access, and just posting from work with a quick update.

After my loss last month from a natural miracle pregnancy my doc launched me straight into my planned IVF cycle (number 6). With the last 2/3 cycles being cancelled (only one follie), and the third being a bust (two follies, one egg and no fert) I wasnt too excited. However my little ovaries did their best and came up with THREE follices, from each of which they retrieved an egg!

This time we had ICSI and all three fertilised it and made it to day three. We had two put back in and one for the freezer!

I am currently day 10 post EPU and on progesterone pessaries and pregnyl jabs plus steroids and aspirin.

Blood test will be on the 19th.

I am having uterine twinges/cramps and pangs, but dont know whether the HCG jabs can cause that or not, so am just trying to go with the flow. Sigh, how easy is that to say? But to do????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello all.

Good luck Micca and hope all goes ok for you 2WW.

I've just been told by FS that I haven't responded to the pregnyl injections. I've been on 300u daily and now am trying 450u daily, and another blood test and scan on tuesday.

Egg collection was due next Wednesday, but that is not going ahead.

To say the least I'm confused to why I'm still injecting and sniffing if the cycle is cancelled, and FS has said that I'll need to take a few months to get back into normal cycle - and continue to lose weight in the meantime. When I asked about my weight, he told me that this could be a reason why I haven't responded.

So continue on my diet - I'm already down from a size 18 to a 12/14 and my wedding ring falls off!!!

I'm going to try and reduce my stress levels, and get on with the next few months.

Hopefully the FS will explain what my options are as I know nothing.

A Huge glass of wine or 2 is on the cards tonight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    drbee....great news from your latest cycle...sounds like you have some good luteal support... and some good embies..yay for one in the freezer.... what dose prednisone support are you on???
    fingers crossed this works for you, especially since the system is all pre-primed..., Im a couple of days behind you on the 2ww....

KittyM...great to hear from you....
    sounds like they postponed your EPU hoping that the follies will grow with more time..are you taking royal jelly as well?? as it has a postive FSH like effect.... fingers crossed you go to EPU just a little delayed....

AFM
    well my drive back home was uneventful.... long but uneventful...
    the only problem was before I left when the car was all loaded I released that my ipod was probably in the bottom of my case...grrrrr and there was no way I was driving for 4-5 hrs in silience...so it was unpack the suitcase in search of it...lucky it was easily found..at the bottom of the case of course, but found....sigh....it certainly helps the drive pass...the usual idiots were on the road as one might expect for a long weekend...
    So Im exhausted...cuppa drunk, car unloaded., washing done, bed made and are going around to my bosses place for a roast dinner..woohoo....
    The house is a feral mess, makes me realise who hormone messed up I was to not actually care before I left, lets say I left a few science experiments on the kitchen bench.... so tomorrow will be a little cleaning duty.....

now I just have to take some time to tell my embies how much I love them.........after all its 3dp5dt and they should be snuggling in this weekend...I hope they like my lovely doona....xxxx

my quote today....."home sweet home"

sigh bliss and heaven...

have a great sunday everyone
    xxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Micca, yes they are giving me great medicated support. I am with a new clinic and I am drugged up! My old clinic only gave me progesterone 200mg twice daily, and I am now on 400mg and the pregnyl jabs. I am on 5mg twice daily of prednisolone, which I am told is quite a low dose. I am pretty sure that I dont have NK cells (my endometrial biopsy came back as normal I think), so I assume they are just erring on the side of caution. I havent been on the aspirin before either.

Its hard to know whether my two 5 week losses wre due to luteal phase issues or posisbly just dogy eggs. The only two pregnancies I have carried beyond 5 weeks were with progesterone support (my DS and my trisomy MC), so who knows?

Your trip sounds like it was bliss, and I hope your embies enjoyed the roast! Snuggle in dudes!

Kitty m sorry to hear about the delayed EPU. I havent followed your story thus far, having only just restarted visitng this thread but wish you heaps of luck...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyM View Post
    When I asked about my weight, he told me that this could be a reason why I haven't responded.
    Before I started my first IVF cycle I did a lot of research into doing IVF and being overweight. I couldn't find a single study that suggested there was a correlation between being overweight and IVF failure.

All the information I found was related to TTC naturally. Some women don't ovulate if their BMI is too high or too low - which isn't a problem when you're doing IVF because it's all done with medication.

I've seen four different FS in Canberra and not one of them has mentioned my weight. I'm extremely overweight with a BMI of 43 - so it's kind of obvious I'm a porker! I'm the one who has brought it up (concerned I would be wasting my money on IVF being so heavy) and in each case they've said, no - not a problem, but you might like to think about what happens when you're pregnant. I've always found doctors like to blame every ailment on obesity (oh, you have the flu? - it must be because you're a porker ). I conceived my DS at the same weight I am now.

Being overweight and pregnant, on the other hand - I get that and understand why it's better for you and bub to be as fit as possible.

Sorry for the rant - it just gets up my nose when I hear that doctors are talking that kind of crap.

Good luck to everyone who is cycling and in their 2WW.

AFM - snorting starts tomorrow (Synarel).
    Last edited by Deeelicious; 13-06-2010 at 13:15.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bit slow off the mark with this post, but wanted to be sure and yes, thankfully no spotting with AF this time a very clear day 1 to start off my cycle, so hopefully a sign of good things to come.

Puregon jabs started Friday – third one tonight and scan on Wednesday. Hoping for lots of lovely follicles this time.

DH dropped a bombshell this week and it may well be my last cycle as he is conscious of his age and does not think it's fair to have a child with a father that's too old... so I'm praying we have some success this time round.

Micca, you keep telling those embies how much you love them - they won't be able to resist just snuggling right in.

Gotta race and get dinner on the go, but wishing you all the very best and a wondeful day off tomorrow.

Take care, hugs Sooz

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi gals

deeelicious....sounds like you know where you are in the scheme of things.... yep weight and trying to naturally concieve is certainly a big problem... and pregnancy and weight a bigger one... but we all do the best we can...with what we are dealt with in life...
    which fertility clinic are you using in canberra???..... I thought about there as it is only 2 1/2 hrs away vs 6hrs to sydney, I ended up using sydney only because of the need for sperm donors..so I went with a clinic that imported sperm from the usa.....its good but sometimes the distance is a pain, especially around egg retreival to transfer...when I have to stay up there.... I wonder about changing at some point if I get no joy...
    I hope that you get some great quality eggs...fingers crossed for a few frosties as well....xxxx

sooz.
    ... go this cycle. It certainly sounds like your hormone levels are all behaving.... I hope your DH has a deep think...as he certainly is young in my books..... and its a pretty radical statement considering this is your full first IVF cycle....the likelyhood you are pregnant in the next 12 months is extremely high.... hang in there, I know that a statement like that must have sent you in a tail spin...just hang in there.....

Drbee... your new clinic sounds like a winner.... you have great luteal support and all bases are covered.... fingers crossed that this is your cycle....I hope your 2ww is going well with not too many obsessive anxiety worries...

kittyM.. keep those follies growing...xxx

Penny....how is the donor and cycle stuff going...are you getting some answers in your head to all your questions...

Lilly40...how did the RE appointment go?.... when will you cycle again..??

goldy... I hope that lining is growing pretty well..fingers crossed for your weds scan.

soclose...how are you hanging... I am using bribery and promises to the beans to encourage them to snuggle in...

AFM
    well I finally had a great sleep in my own bed....a fantastic 10hrs like the dead...I hope i can repeat it again tonight....
    A relaxing day today as I was exhausted and just glad to be home...watched some dvds veged on the couch... and really did very little, which sometimes is just what you need. The house remains a tip.... but hey thats tomorrows job list....lol..lol..
    I hope....lol..lol..lol... at least my kitchen counter is sort of clear.....

Ive spent all day talking to the little embies and encouraging them to snuggle in...they should be on their way today and tomorrow..... I hope they are listening to how much mummy loves them and what she has promised...... snuggle in my little beans

I hope everyone has a great long weekend..so glad I dont have to work monday....yay yay

cheers
    xxxxxxxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I thought I would introduce myself, as I have followed this thread for a little while now. In fact, I first found you all the day after I received my first and hopefully my only, BFN on 19 April. In my grief, I guess I was searching the net for something…maybe answers, maybe knowledge, maybe just to know I wasn’t alone….I certainly found all of that and more. Along the way, I have followed all your journeys on this all too unfair expedition of finally one day holding a baby in our arms. I am so glad that I found this thread, just to know that I am not alone, but in fact and unfortunately, there are many 40+ women out there also experiencing the same difficulties as me…..you don’t know how much of a comfort this thread was for me in the days following my BFN.

My IVF journey commenced almost 2 years ago. I live in a regional town in Queensland, which only had 1 fertility clinic at that time. I had been to see the same FS about 3 years earlier to gain some knowledge on possibly freezing my eggs, after suddenly finding myself single again at the age of 40. The FS told me that as egg freezing was still very much in its infancy, it was not worth spending all the money on freezing 40 year old eggs….in fact, he said that I should have gone to see him when I was 38 or 39!

Anyway, fast forward 3 years and my visit to him to discuss IVF. The very first question he asked me was my age. He wrote the numbers in a huge box in the top left hand side of my folder. He explained the whole IVF procedure, however, he continued to either tap the numbers with his fingers through his recital or kept circling the numbers with his pen! I left his office with the distinct feeling that it was going to be an impossible dream…..actually, I felt that the FS did not even want to try. I have since thought that maybe he did not want my possible ‘poor performance’ to affect his statistics!!!

So DP and I kept TTC the natural way and then we heard an advertisement that would change everything….our town was to get another fertility centre (Perth based) which also had its own day surgery. We booked in! The FS highlighted the age related statistics, but also finished with ‘lets go through an assessment month and see what the real story is for both of you and you just might prove the stats wrong’…woohoo, lets go! At the end of the assessment month, the FS actually congratulated me that I was still ovulating, but it was not all good news….my ovarian reserve is on the lower side. The FS also suggested ICSI, as he did not want to leave anything to chance when time was really not on my side.

So at 44 nearly 45, I had my first go at IVF/ICSI…..FS goes with Gonal F (375IU) increased to 450IU. At EPU, unfortunately I only had 4 eggs and only 1 fertilised. FS said he does not know why there was low fertilisation, as the eggs looked good quality, but 2 eggs may not have been mature as the other 2. The decision was made to ET at day 2, as they did not want to leave it another day and run the risk of possibly having nothing to transfer…..if more than 1 had fertilised then they would have run the risk. It was 4 cells and I was told it was of high grade. Oops, I forgot to say that I was on 400mg progesterone pessaries 3 times a day, pregnyl injections , cardiprin 1 a day and 1 tab pregnancy and lactation multivitamin. Alas, it was not to be and we received our BFN on 19 April and I had turned 45 only 4 days previous.

FS has said that he took a conservative approach for the first attempt at IVF/ICSI as he did not want to risk OHSS as he did not know how I would react to the meds. My 2nd attempt, I am on 50mg DHEA troche daily (which I have been taking for about 3 weeks) and I had my first growth hormone (1.5ml Saizen) injection today and have 3 more before EPU. I have an uss on Wednesday just to ensure I don’t have any cysts and he has me on microgynon (the pill) so I don’t have a bleed this month…..I think this is more to do with the FS being away for 1 ½ weeks than delaying for any medical reason. I have weekly acupuncture and daily chinese herbs, plus the daily pregnancy and lactating multivitamin. FS has increased the daily Gonal F to 475IU, but at this stage I don’t know when I will start injecting, I will find out on Wednesday.

So that is my IVF journey so far. I welcome any comments or suggestions, as I am learning as I go along....actually a learnt about DHEA and growth hormone from this thread.

You are all inspirational ladies and I draw from your courage…..we will all get there one day!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Micca - Such a shame you're doing such a long treck - you'll kick yourself when I tell you that the Canberra Fertility Clinic also imports sperm from Xytec - so if you wanted to cut your travel time there's an option here for you.

My current cycle is with the Canberra Fertility Centre. I had a bad experience with one of the other clinics where they defrosted 8 of my total 14 straws for one token IUI attempt (token because I was only doing it to avoid paying their $1700 cycle cancellation fee!).

I'm very happy with CFC so far. SIVF are also good, but you have to bring your own sperm.

Sunny - I know how disappointing it is to have your first IVF fail, but as everyone keeps telling me, the FS tends to see the first cycle as the 'test' run... best of luck with your next one.