Closed Thread
Page 52 of 64 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Micca best of luck for transfer tomorrow.

Lilly40 have you heard anything from your BT today?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I just typed up my response and hit the wrong key I hate this dont even know what I did. So here goes again

DH got PC back up and running today thank goodness

Micca good luck for tomorrow I will be thinking of you and those lovely blasts and sticky vibes and baby dust coming your way I have everything crossed for you XOX

Mini hows the bub growing any morning sickness yet?

Penny, pippy, sooz, goldy and kimset hope all the ladies are well

Well got BT results back today and my levels have dropped from 16 to 11 FS was hoping would be at zero today but its been hanging on but not meant to be this time. I stop all progesterone and estrogen today and wait for nature to take its course and for my period to arrive. Then I sit this month out as he said that back to back cycles usually produce poor ovarian response and they do not do back to back full stim cycles at this clinic so bring on July so I can start again.

He said there there were issues with the dr seeing with the ultrasound this transfer from the notes and asked me step by step what I did on the day of transfer. I told him the nurse filling in as the regular one was on leave told me to empty my bladder when I got to the hospital then have a small bottle of water while I was waiting for the transfer and I followed all my instructions to a T. He was furious when I told him as he said the nurse should never of told me that as its not long enough for the water to go through the body to fill the bladder and never do that again. He has also said he wants to do my next transfer and not have any other FS do it. Not sure how other clinics works but usually the transfer is done by whatever FS is rostered on for that day. So hopefully with the next transfer in his hands all will go well.

Micca we have always had problems with DH sperm quality which is why we use ICIS in our IVF cycles but the FS said this time the quality was even worse which is why the low fertilisation rates. Apparently when you do ICIS they also inject calcium which apparently is supposed to help with fertilisation rates. Thats about all I know at this stage as like every other time I visit the FS my head spins with all the new information and I forget to ask. I will try and find out more from FS and the nurse but I think its more to do with helping poor sperm fertilise the eggs.

Has anyone else had the calcium with ICIS before with any success or heard of this being used. Any further information would be greatly appreciated.

Once again good luck Micca Im thinking of you for tomorrow XOX

To all the ladies on this thread also good luck not matter where you are upto XOXOX

Thanks
    Reviews
    Micca, I’ve got everything crossed for you tomorrow. Wishing you sweet dreams and restful nights sleep.

Lilly40 it sounds like your FS is trying to make sure he looks out for you this time. Roll on July 1.

AFM – some spotting started today, so not sure if AF is arriving, if it is, it’s a week and a half early, but I have all the symptoms. Bloaty, crampy tummy, sore boobs and it would be nice to think the spotting could be an implantation bleed as it is about 12 days after FS gave me the trigger shot (the day my cycle was cancelled), but after 7 days of spotting last cycle, I’m not at all confident, but can only dream.

Take care everyone. Hugs Sooz

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Newbie to BubHub

I'm new to BubHub and was thrilled to see the first post as being related to the over-40s and IVF. I'm 41.5 and am a solo mum by choice and had my DS four years ago. I've enjoyed being a Mum so much I'm TTC again and am about to start snorting Synarel for my 2nd cycle of IVF. My first IVF cycle only resulted in one mature follicle so rather than waste the whole cycle I did an IUI. This was a disaster with my clinic using 8 of my 14 straws for one attempt. I now have six precious straws left - once they're gone so are my dreams of expanding my family (my donor has had a vasectomy). .

I've changed clinics - and am hoping for better results this time around.

Good luck to everyone who is cycling this month (and I'm talking about IVF - not bike riding!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck today Micca, thinking about you

Aww Sooz I hope you are wrong, hang in there

Lilly, you have been doing in tough. We always do ICSI cycles - I have never heard of the calcium thing though. Although not surprising because I am never told a thing! My FS always does my transfers, I have never heard of another FS doing it, I would hate that!

Hi Deeelicious, welcome! I look forward to getting to know you. Good on you for going it alone. I hope your dream comes true for you

Pippy when is your op?

Hi to everyone else

AFM - still in limbo land, waiting waiting and slowly going lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Monring

Micca good luck today thinking of you XOX

Soclose im at a clinic in Melbourne and its the same with the egg collection you get whichever FS is rostered on for that day so basically you are at the hands of a dr you have never met before and who dosent really know your history apart from the speed read they probably do before they chat to you 5min before the op. I dont like it either so Im glad my FS will be requesting this next time.
    The calcium is because DH's poor sperm apparently they put it in when they inject the sperm with the ICIS and only use this with those that have poor fertilisation rates with ICIS. If your fertilisation rates are good thats probably why you never heard of it. Like me until Monday knew nothing about it we had 10 eggs last time 9 good quality mature and only 4 fertilised apparently that is not a good percentage. Im willing to try anything at this stage.

Sooz hang in there dream away we have to have dreams and until you have you period dont give up hope us ladies on IVF have it tough sometimes but I think that makes us even more determined to succeed at this what great mums we will all be.

Welcome Deeelicious hopefully your dreams and visit here will be short. Can you tell me what straws are I have never heard that term before.

To all the ladies I have not personally mention I am thinking of you.

Have a great day ladies X

Thanks
    Reviews
    ok well Im sitting at home very nervous waiting for the ET, praying that I will have something to transfer...
    acupuncture is booked pre and post transfer..then its couch time....

deeelicious.... welcome to the board, I am a single women doing the IVF route as well...and a country chic to add even more hurdles...plus no family in auz...so its a real challange....
    at least with 8 straws thats enough for 8 IVF make sure they use ICSI...

lilly40... straws are what the sperm is frozen in...and they virtually look like a straw..there is typically around 5-10million sperm in each...if you have to buy them it is about $400 per straw depending on the sperm in the USA and then about $600 for shipping. count... I pay about $950 a pop for donor sperm each cycle from the usa. deeelicious is lucky that she has a good friend.

soclose...my FS does my collections and transfers as well its lovely and a real continuity of care...

sooz.... dream away...it gives us all hope... and AF has not sung yet....
    its a bit like my blast dream...sigh

anyway about to get breakie..a stomach full of butterflies...I hope that acupuncture will relax me....although the entire find the place and park is pretty stressful in my books..lol....I leave in an hour...
    I'll post you ladies this afternoon when I get back....

I have so many of your wishes behind me I hope they have worked !!!! thankyou all so much...xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lilly I am the same, I would give anything a shot to get my BFP!

I wonder how Micca is going today. Been thinking of her all day.

Well I am now looking for work. I lost my job after 12 years of being with them grrrr not what I need at the moment. If I don't find something we cannot continue with ivf but how the hell can I get a fulltime job and do ivf Was okay at my last job because my bosses knew I was doing it and I could take all the time in the world off but it's going to be hard to start a job and then say oh sorry I need time off straight away.

What to do, what to do

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi everyone
    well a busy morning, a little stress bunny waiting to see what my results of the embies were...
    So Im now PUPO.....

So out of the 9 embies they grew 2 blasts.... grade 1-2 expanding,and a 2..

the embryologist was telling me that their criteria is very strict and that a lot of labs grade a lot more loosely which can make their stats look good (ie mine would have been higher grades in other labs).... anyway they looked finger lickin good to me...and I think they were better than my first cycle blasts...

....the transfer was a good one no cramps or bleeding and I had acupuncture 35min later... I hope all this work helps.
    they are letting the other 7 grow another day and see if they become freezable blasts...to have frostie blasts would be a real bonus....fingers crossed.....although Im not too hopeful
    so all your vibes worked now all I need is a BFP ...xxx

SO Im now PUPO and an inmate of the insane alsyum with beta around 14 dp5dt 23 june.... oooh that is evil... (my last pregnyl injection is the 15th and they need 7 days to wash out....grrrrr..... so AF due 22 june....

Im in relax mode now.... food the couch, trackie daks, bra-less woohoo.... rancho relaxo...
    let those blast snuggle in and implant over the weekend....

xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Micca great news on being PUPO, take it easy and try and relax during the 2ww ( I know it's not easy. you get some blasts to freeze tomorrow, my bubs is a six day frostie.