ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 64 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Paul64 - glad to hear everything went well.

Gardenia - nice to see you here, I hope you are taking good care of yourself, it's a tough time but you will manage when you are ready. Your little girl is worth spoiling, I don't think it will hurt her . My last cycle was suppose to be my last, well I was contemplating that anyway, wasn't wanting to finish up but other cards were being delt for me to make that decision. I really hope your frostie will be your 2nd miracle.

Jewels - welcome to the thread, you are more than welcome. We are all here to support each other, no matter what is happening you can tell us about it. BH has been a fabulous tool for me to help me through everything from asking questions (doesn't matter how silly you think it might be either) to sharing experiences. It has opened my eyes up to the world of IVF and it's challenges. No-one else quite understands what IVFers go through other than the ones going through it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey all,

Hope you are all travelling well during the silly season!

Blossum - how are you doing in your 2ww? Have you had your BT yet?

I do oestrogen priming cycles for my EPU's and FET's. It involves lots of HRT hormones (oestrogen obviously being the main one), with steroids, asprin, clexane, and Nitro Dur patches. I'm also on DHEA as many over 40's ladies are to improve egg quality. I also have progesterone support after transfer both with pessaries, and provera as well as progynova and pregnyl injections. I also take an anti-inflammatory drug just before transfer.

I think that's it for my protocol, apart from all the herbal additions (dong quai, CoQ10, Zinc, Berrocca, fish oil etc) and folate. There's so many drugs to take, it's hard to keep up. I program it all into my phone otherwise, I'm liable to forget some!

Paul - So glad your scan went well. It must have been fantastic to see. I didn't have any scans when my son was born 24 years ago, so I'm a bit 'scan obsessed'. I really can't wait to get my BFP and get mine!

LuckyAPA - Congrats on reaching the 12 week mark! A third of the way there! How exciting. Keep giving us updates, we love them!

Gardenia - Oh sweet thing, what a hard time you are going through. My heart goes out to you. So lovely to see you here on this thread though. Not so many of us here, so it's a bit easier to keep up with things.

Don't you worry at all about spoiling that little girl of yours. I definately would be! My DP tells me that the further we go through this process the more of a crazy dog lady I'm becoming with our little black groodle (who turns 1 today!). I tell him to suck it up, coz I'm doing what ever gets me through this horrid process!

Look after yourself. Hope you'll be back on deck soon for your FET.

I'd be talking to your FS about clexane and progesterone support. My FS goes by the addage that if it doesn't hurt, it might help so it's worth trying.

Jewels - Welcome to the thread. Ask any questions you like. We'll be happy to try to answer them. Everyone here is a wealth of knowledge on this whole process and they are more than happy to help. It's a wonderful bunch.

Kismet - Oh you don't know how happy I am for you! How good is it that your scan was so good? You must be over the moon. I snuck on late in the day of your scan to BH just to catch up on your news and I was smiling from ear to ear!

What a fabulous Christmas present for you! So many congratulations for you.

AFM - I have to ring tomorrow to start my icybubs thawing. It's nerve wracking and I don't really know how I'll take it if they don't make it back home for Christmas Eve, but I'm doing my best to think positively. Still imagining that scan at 6weeks where I'm telling my FS how wrong he was about saying FET's weren't so successful. How good would that be!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Just joining in as a 42yr old :)

Have read the whole thread now and it helps to not feel as though you are the only 'old girl' around. I do have my first bunch of grown kiddies but dh and I do not have any of our own yet; 3 miscarriages and 1 ectopic only when I used my own eggs. Tried for 6 years. Dh has fertility issues of his own which came as a shock so we stopped using my own eggs at 42.

Anyway, I'm either 11.2 weeks. 1st time DE IVF/ICSI

Morning sickness has been realy awful. Tried sea bands just today - seems to ease a little.

Wishing you all a merry stress free Xmas.
    Last edited by outsidethesquare; 21-12-2009 at 17:16.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Outsidethesquare. I'm really interested in your DE journey as FS has suggested we may need to look into it sometime next year.

Did it take long to find your donor? Did you advertise or have someone you knew? How did you find the process?

Any information you care to share would be gratefully received. I've put my name on an ED programme in Brisbane but they've told me it is unlikely a donor will come up without DP and I actively advertising for one.

We are doing an FET this week and are intending on another EPU from me in Jan if need be, but it may be we need to actively pursue an ED sometime next year. Hopefully not, but we need to keep our options open.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone,

Thank you for all the kind support. I am 40.5 years old. I just had a egg transfer and I am waiting to find out if I am pregnant. I am due for a blood test on the 26th December (16dpo).

I am fairly new to IVF. I had a three day ivf cycle back in June 09 where two fresh eggs were transferred. It was unsuccessful but they managed to freeze 10 embryos. I still have those embryos.

In December I decided to go to Sydney IVF as I wanted to try 5 day transfers. I had two fresh eggs transferred and one was good enough to freeze.

I don't feel like I am pregnant but I do not feel like I am getting my periods either. The wait is killing me.

What does everyone do during the waiting period.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Jewels! Congratulations on being PUPO (pregnant until proven otherwise)!

Most of us have a terrible time throughout the 2ww. You are almost there! Only 4 days to go! Well done.

I just try to fill my time with lots of activities and also to be around people who don't know I'm doing IVF so I don't get tempted to talk about it. Of course I throw in some who know, because it would drive me crazy not being able to mention it at all during the L O N G 14 day wait! Also, I find everyone here on BH is really supportive during this difficult time.

Not having any cramping is a great sign! From what I can gather lots of people don't have any signs and get a BFP, so good luck!

And also, well done on having so many eggs fertilise. You've done better than many women 10 years younger than you! You are an egg machine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by PennyPC View Post
    Hi Outsidethesquare. I'm really interested in your DE journey as FS has suggested we may need to look into it sometime next year.

Did it take long to find your donor? Did you advertise or have someone you knew? How did you find the process?

Any information you care to share would be gratefully received. I've put my name on an ED programme in Brisbane but they've told me it is unlikely a donor will come up without DP and I actively advertising for one.

We are doing an FET this week and are intending on another EPU from me in Jan if need be, but it may be we need to actively pursue an ED sometime next year. Hopefully not, but we need to keep our options open.
    Hi Penny,
    I am happy to offer any help that I can; however, I may not be the one to help at all as in my journey, I decided that time was not on our sides and we wanted to get underway with our first cycle as soon as the option Egg Donor was mentioned by my fs.

We felt very ready to have our donor baby first and look at using my own eggs maybe the following year or so; due to my aging and the 3 previous failures with my old eggs. I figured that mine could keep long enough to get a bfp from my donor cycle and get our family underway. It was like having to choose the immediate option which was not 'perfect' in that I had no time to think it through or risk yet another time loss due to another miscarriage based on my stats of 4% or something using my own eggs. Also as I was past the age of being covered at all; the way we spent 10k was very important. I guess the goal was to hold our baby in 2010 and this gave us the best odds. Enough about me; sorry for rambling on.

In answer to your question: My donor was anonymous and 2 ladies were chosen to cycle with me immediately. So no there was no waiting at all. Yes, I travelled overseas.

I found the donor experience incredibly exciting and I'm embarrased to say very 'easy'.

However; I know of couples who have had good reponses through placing their ads in the local rag, plunket, and any notice board.

Sorry I couldn't help more on local DE cycles but as for overseas I have heaps of info if anyone needs it and I can share feelings and stuff as I'm sure all de recips have many of the same questions. Have a great day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all

Jewels - What does everyone do during the wait? Well, we worry, we stress, we can get a little snappy with our partners, we pace the house, we yell at the dog and cat, we get grumpy and impatient....on and on and on it goes. My wifey was better than me, she has the patience of a saint. We all need to find our own ways of coping during this time. You will need to remember to keep your stress levels under control and to continue to eat properly. Don't forget to let us know how you go with your BT on the 26th Dec. Waiting is hard on the rest of us here cos we're busting to hear your results too.

Luckyapa - I'm fairly sure when you're off the pessaries that's because after the embryo is established and attaches in the uterus, that triggers hormones that take over the job that the pessaries were doing. You need the pessaries to do the job of your natural hormones until the embryo triggers your hormones to kick in.

Kismet - How are you progressing?

AFM - Poor wifey is suffering today with her morning sickness. We were out doing a bit of last minute Christmas shopping and she almost puked in the supermarket and again on our way home. I've never felt more absolutely useless in my life.

Meantime, everyone enjoy your Christmas day and keep yourselves safe if you venture out onto the roads.

Love & Peace

Paul...a very proud dad to be of little Seahorse
    Last edited by Paul64; 24-12-2009 at 17:10.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Lovely Ladies and gentleman,

I have been reading and keeping up with all your journeys just not posting.

My last BFP hit me really hard and have been lying low licking my wounds and trying to bounce back, I lalways thought I would have my baby before I turned 42, well my birthday is next week and I guess that just hasn't happened. I have an appointment with my FS today to decide what to do going forward. I have one frostie and I think that might just be my last go - I think I need to accept that maybe I am to old now been trying for 4 years now with IVF and maybe just have to acept it wasn't meant to be.

I just wanted to wish you all a very merry christmas

Penny good luck for your transfer today, I hope you have an uneventful 2ww and a BFP at the end of it.

Paul and Lucky - I hope you enjoy your last christmas child free this time next year you will have your beautiful bubs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a quick Christmas eve message to let you know I'm PUPO with my three little embies. One had even advanced from a four cell yesterday to a Morula today! The others were 9 cell and a bit of a lazy 5 cell, but all looked good with very little fragmentation. Now to put it out of my mind for 16 days until my BT (everytime the wait for the blood test seems to be longer). BT due 9 Jan.

Mini - Thanks for your good wishes. We are thinking if this transfer doesn't work, we may only have one more EPU before we pursue donor eggs. We'll see how we feel, and hopefully it won't come to that and I'll get my BFP for Christmas but you have to plan ahead just in case, don't you?

Outsidethesquare - I think that's an incredibly sensible move for you to decide to do DE first and try your own later on.

I'm very interested in O/S DE's as the domestic market seems minimal in supply. Did you fly to the US? How did you narrow down your search for a clinic? There seems to be so many of them, and I'm sure some are more reputable than others, but I'm not really sure where to start. My FS flys in DE's from a US clinic, but so far there haven't been any pregnancies from these eggs (they think it's the freezing process that's flawed). This is despite their scientists going over and deciding their labs were state of the art! So I'm not really interested in using a clinic with such a horrendous success rate.

And don't think you are ever rambling about your experience. I'm particularly intrigued with most aspects and would love to hear whatever you'd like to share.

Paul, Kismet, LuckyAPA and our other fabulous over 40 ladies, I'd like to wish you all a wonderful Christmas. For those of you with BFP's, enjoy your . For those of you still on the journey, we will all get there in 2010 with perserverence and support.

Thank you all for being here in this thread and thanks to Lucky for starting it. It's nice to be able to chat with others in a similar position and to be able to keep the faith that it can happen for all of us! Enjoy the festive season!

:tree:
    Last edited by PennyPC; 24-12-2009 at 16:45.