Closed Thread
Page 46 of 64 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Drbeee.... so sorry to hear that it was not successful. big hugs for you. Wow for your FS for getting you back onthe IVF wagon so quickly. I so understand the time and eggs. Ask him about human growth hormone as it is supposed to improve egg quality and increase implantation rates... Fingers crossed...the system is primed all engines are go.....

xxxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    DrBee I am so sorry to hear about your miscarriage, best of luck for this new cycle I hope that this is the one for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dbree _ Im so sorry to hear this its so hard to go from so much joy to so much heartache. My heart goes out to you. Fantastic for getting back on this crazy train

Well quick update 10 eggs were collected yesterday which I was estatic about as only 6 on the ultrasound. They could use 9, they micro injected the 9 which only 4 fertilised!!!!!!! Not good. They are wanting me to go for day 5 transfer as I have 4 at this stage and due to the lining issues. The nurse has advised if by thursday things dont look good they will call me to come in earlier. Its so hard waiting and last time we were called the morning of transfer to advise the embryo had not survived. This whole process is so stressful not sure which is worse the week wait for transfer or the two week wait for BT. Im on the estrogen and start the progesterone on Thursday.

If anyone knows of anything else I should be doing would be happy to hear about it.

Micca, pippy, sooze, soclose, penny and anyone I have not mentioned I hope everyone is doing ok and hanging in there xoxox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Drbeee - I'm so sorry to hear your news. It must have been devastating for you. It's a double edged sword to have to get back an at it so quickly at our age. There's no time for much grieving, which can be both a good and a bad thing. I know my head is still spinning from all my negatives but there's no time to lose looking backwards and forwards we must move. Best of luck with this cycle. I hope it heals all the pain you must be feeling.

Kismet - also sorry to hear about the GD. Let's hope the injections keep it in check. Look after yourself and keep us posted on how you are going with it.

Micca - I just love your stories! They completely amuse me! Hope your cycle is doing all it should and that you are close to the home straight of this journey.

Pippy - Royal Jelly is something which on my trip to China recently they told me has fantastic properties for fertility. They tell me it's the first thing their chinese medical practitioners prescribe.

Soclose - I'm thinking of you through this difficult time with your mum. I hope the difficult decisions are behind you soon. Such a sad time for you, I'm sure.

Lilly - I think at 8 days before, they'd prefer your lining to be more like 6-9mm. But there's lots they can do with Progynova to plump it up. Here's to a lovely growing lining for you!

Cougarmummy - Thinking of you. Hope things are going well for you. Let us know how you are getting on.

Goldy - I hope next round is your time. I'm so sorry this wasn't the one for you.

A big hi to Mini and all my other fabulous forty friends.

AFM - I think I can probably let you all know now that DP and I have had the most amazing offer from an Australian lady to be our egg donor for our next cycle! It's not a done deal yet until it's all passed the counselling and doctor's review, but all things point to it being a happening thing. Our appointments are all being done on one day as my donor will need to fly in for it. We've booked it all for the 9th July. I can't believe how lucky we have been to have this offer.

We've spoken to a number of doctors and scientists over the last two weeks and it looks like everyone is leaning toward donor sperm. Or at the very least, half DP's sperm and half donor sperm. We are in the midst of counselling to allow us to secure some straws of sperm which are available at our clinic (more luck!) and hope this might finally mean the happy ending we are looking for. It's a way off, but the decision making process is all but over and it's a huge relief for DP and I to get there.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Dhea

Hi just to add I've been on DHEA through 4 cycles, the only side effects a few pimples, that's all. Its hard to say if it works but in my most recent cycle I got 9 eggs, 6 fertilised, 4 made it to embies. I am 43.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello lovely ladies, a very quick hello I am drowned down in paperwork and have to rush out this morning but I always come in to have a quick read even if I cannot post - hopefully this time next month all will be settled down and I will have more time to chat in here

I will do personals soon, I think of you all everyday and you are all my inspiration to jump back on board next month, I don't know what I would do if I couldn't come in here and chat

Thinking of you all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

Micca, pippy, sooze, soclose, penny, dbree, mamma2010 and anyone I have not mentioned where are all you ladies upto in you cycles or wait to start again. I hope everyone is doing ok xoxox

Well the nurse has just called me to tell me I have a nice collection of 4 embryos growing, 1 at 10 cells, 1 at 9 cells and 2 at 6 cells so hopefully they all continue to day 5 for transfer. I had my collection on Monday so I guess that makes me day 3.

I forgot to ask her if this is good. They will call me again tomorrow midday to let me know how all are going and hopefully have two nice ones for the transfer its such a long wait as anything can happing in two days.

Just wanting the lining to keep growing now so hopefully it is.

Hope this finds you all well X

Thanks
    Reviews
    lilly40 , excellent news on 4 embryo's I always kept this with me when I was waiting for results hope it helps.

Day 2 - between 2 - 4 cells
    Day 3 - between 4 - 8 cells
    Day 4 - Morula (although could be between 8 - 16 cells)
    Day 5 - Blastocyst

to everyone else

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lilly40 that really is wonderful news , and from what Minibar has kindly shared, looks like they are all doing nicely for day 3. Here's to a nice healthy snug lining ready for you two little ones to nestle in.

SoClose wishing you a month that flies so we can have you back on board next month. Take care.

DrBee so sorry , but so great to see you soldiering on. This process really does show us what stong women we can be. PennyPC is such a testament to that; wonderful news re your egg donor Penny - you truly deserve such a wonderful offer.

Micca how are you going? Not sure what cycle you are on; when is EPU for you?

Kismet where are you, how are you?

And a big hello to all I've missed.

AFM have had a rather crazy month, but am relieved that after 7 days of spotting AF finally arrived today... day 35!!.... I am normally so punctual with my cycles, so assume it must be the IVF drugs that have mucked me a little... mixed in with a little stress from the hospital runs to both parents.... but so relieved it's finally arrived and start jabbing on Saturday. Based on last cycle, should be ready for EPU May 31/June 1.

I have my very first Acupuncture appointment on Saturday so am a little excited and apprehensive. Not a big fan of needles at the best of times - tend to get dizzy and pass out so they always lie me down to do the blood tests at the IVF clinic (how embarrassment ). I won't let DH near me with a needle, so have to do the Puregon injections myself and he's not allowed to watch... hate being watched.... so he usually comes racing in afterwards if things are a little quiet to make sure I haven't passed out.

The IVF process certainly makes you feel like a human pin cushion, so to then have yet another human sticking pins into me does not exactly thrill me, but I have read such good things about Acupuncture, particularly for women TTC and on IVF, that I am going to grin and bare it. I'll just make sure I close my eyes..... after they've layed me down on the bed.

Are there any of you lovely ladies using Acupuncture? What are your thoughts?

Bye for now and take care everyone, Sooz xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Minibar and Soozo7 thanks so much for the info even though this is my 3rd try at IVF Im still learning everyday on embyro cells, growth hormones DEHA etc. so I appreciate all feedback and information provided.

I just need the embryos to last to day 5.

Sooz07 I have started acupunture and I love it Im booked in tomorrow and have been having weekly sessions for the past two months. Dont know if it helps or not but I feel it helped me through the last cycle with the syneral etc.
    Congrats on AF arriving, if you are starting to jab straight away what program are you on. I have always had to start the pill as soon as I got mine and then syneral then jabbing. Would love to get some information on your program.