Closed Thread
Page 4 of 64 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    PennyPC - I think good on you, you both want it so why not, who says you have to have babies one straight after the other anyways! My scan is on 18th Dec.

Blossum - thanks, and merry xmas to you too! My cycle was similar, but I did use prednisolone, I believe Dex is pretty much the same thing, I'm sure I've heard that somewhere before Don't worry, I didn't feel anything either, was so convinced it was all over red rover. Stats at my clinic reckon 3-4 stim cycles to get a baby, but some can take less, some can take alot more. I don't believe in stats - it happens when it's suppose to, it really depends on so many things and everybody is different. Somtimes it takes a bit of working out to get the right combo of drugs and stuff, as in my case. I wish it were 'textbook' and more guaranteed. Good luck with your BT, I hope your fears are wrong.

I like hearing from all the successful ladies...it's really encouraging.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all.

I've been away for a few days but I'm back.

Kismet - Why do people carry on about older parents like us. Well that's an easy one. They don't have fertility problems and will never understand the trauma it causes us. Ignore them and concentrate on what you and your DH need to do.

Blossom - Best of luck with your 2WW. I remember ours recently. It's oh so hard waiting. We all know you can do it. Take it easy on yourselves OK.

Penny - Please excuse me, but consider me rubbing up against you for luck OK. You can do this and I wish you a swift BFP.

Lucky - 11 weeks...that is simply fantastic. I'm glad to hear your fatique is slipping away. My wifey is needing nanna naps daily just to get through. Mind you, we're only 7 weeks gone and heading for our foetal heartbeat scan this Monday. Please talk to me about your experiences with your fatique and morning sickness. My wifey is feeling very alone and I'm running out of things to do to try to help.

AMF - Our foetal scan is this Monday and fingers crossed, wifey and I will get to hear our precious child's heartbeat for the very first miraculous time. How lucky are we!

Love & Peace to all

Paul
    sa:tree:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Paul64 - best wishes for a healthy on Monday. My scan is Friday, not far behind you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Paul64
    Fatigue - well, it was pretty bad from about 4 weeks to about week 9 and then it got worse for about 2 weeks. Then suddenly, it eased and continues to ease every day. I think you just have to have a nap/rest whenever it's bad. I've never been one to have a nap during the day but they've become a regular thing of late.
    Morning sickness - I would say that I haven't really had any. The odd queasy moment when I'm hungry is all, nothing that can't be fixed with food.
    Hey, hope the scan went well today. Let us know.
    Thursday marks the 12 week point for us and I'm so nervous about getting through the next few days...it's silly really.....

LuckyAPA

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG..we made it to 12 weeks...and now a whole new set of worries pops up. I took the last of the IVF drugs yesterday, what a relief to not have to take those any more, the crinone and the disgusting pessaries in particular. So if they are supporting a pregnancy, what happens now when they aren't being taken anymore? Is a miscarriage likely? Anyone know the answer to this?

How is everyone else going?

LuckyAPA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

Got a today! Rate was 136, so looking pretty good. There was another sac that was empty, nearly had twinnies on board ....but I am just so happy that things are looking OK so far. It's hard to believe that after all this time I'm finally pregnant, it hasn't sunk in at all, I don't really feel pregnant so I was expecting the worst outcome. I have to keep pinching myself. Have been a bit quiet on here because I had been so worried and when I freak out I tend to retreat a bit.

LuckyAPA - I'm still taking crinone as well but easing off it now. My concern has always been low prog levels so have had to stay on it but the clinic tells me your placenta should be capable of taking over by 9-12 weeks, that's why they tell you to go off it at that stage.

Paul64 - hope things went well for you & DW.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

I am new to all this and I am not sure how it all works.

Jewels

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Girls im about to turn 40 so was so glad to find this thread

KISMET - Congratulations again!! I just had a read of your signature - my god woman talk about perserverance - Im so so happy for you that you have achieved your dream. You really are an inspiration to never give up. Enjoy your time on cloud nine and please try not to worry that is a great heartbeat.

AFM Hi to everyone else I better go to bed I just found this thread will come back later and introduce and get to know you all better - i have been up wrapping presents. I think I went a bit overboard with Miss 2 year old spoilt - she was our miracle and we just lost a baby at 9 1/2 weeks (IVF) so maybe we spoil her a teensy weensy bit. Her 3rd birthday is sorted though ive put alot away for her birthday.

we have one frostie left and that is the last try for us. Hubby and I drew a line when we started the last ivf cycle that this one is the last. we cant keep throwing money at it and emotions when we are already blessed and we have a child to think of who is here. It would complete our family if we were blessed again but so far its not been the case. fingers crossed for 2010!

I had a D&C on Wednesday but dont want to talk about it here and bring you all down ill talk about that in a loss thread. The reason I mention it is we want to wait for the results of various tests before we try again. If there was nothing wrong with baby then maybe they could support my pregnancy better since I had no support at all no progesterone and ive heard clexane can support a pregnancy as well. My obs mention maybe not enough blood getting to the baby and these injections and support this.

Im looking forward to reading back really properly and getting to know you all.

Gardenia
    Last edited by Gardenia2; 20-12-2009 at 00:20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyAPA View Post
    OMG..we made it to 12 weeks...and now a whole new set of worries pops up. I took the last of the IVF drugs yesterday, what a relief to not have to take those any more, the crinone and the disgusting pessaries in particular. So if they are supporting a pregnancy, what happens now when they aren't being taken anymore? Is a miscarriage likely? Anyone know the answer to this?

How is everyone else going?

LuckyAPA

LUCKY im only guessing but you dont have a proper placenta I was told till 12 weeks so Im assuming your own placenta will support your baby from now on. That Im guessing is why they say that the likelyhood of miscarraige is slim after 12 weeks. to ease your worry id ring your clinic and confirm this with them and ask them - im sure theyve been asked before and youve paid alot of your money so just ask away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all

Lucky - Delighted to hear you're off those awful pessaries. I watched wifey use them and how messy they can be. Yuck. Very happy for you.

Gardenia - Very sorry to have read your post about your lost little one. Be kind to yourselves for a while hey! IVF...been there, just finished that.

Amara - 1st time mum at 42. Bloody marvellous and congratulations to you both. My wifey is 40 and I just turned 45 and this will be our first. We had conception problems that required IVF and took some time, but we've made it with our first little one who is now 8 weeks in the tummy.

Jewel - Hang around and get to know us. Everyone is welcome here...especially us older ones. hehehe

My little Seahorse is 8 weeks in the tummy and his/her little heartbeat brought tears to my eyes last week during our scan. I can't believe how lucky we are to have him/her.

Love & Peace to all over Christmas

Paul
    sa

:tree: