Closed Thread
Page 38 of 64 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    hi Cougar
    I will have to look up all the research articles re twins again to give you the stats...
    percentage is .I think
    risk of twins..25-40%..
    risk of monozygotic twins 6%

note the risk of triplets in women >40yrs is almost nil...

anyway this has been replicated in many studies...
    I use this site which is pretty good for upto date info

http://www.ivfnewsdirect.com/?p=604#more-604

my clinic will not let you go to blasts if you have less than 6 cleavage embies as there is a high risk that you may end up with nothing to transfer.
    If my left ovary kicks in and I got >12 good day 3 8 cell embies with no fragmentation. I would probably put around 4-6 in freezing at day 3 and let the remaining ones go to blast. that way if I only get a single blast I still have embryos frozen... so far I have had 8xgood day 3 embies and cycle 2 6xgood day 3 embies.

I am hoping to go on the BCP precycle this time and hopefully calm everything down and help the cyst continue to heal as well as hopefully trying some growth hormone so fingers crossed for a great number of embies for cycle 3.

good luck for those little blasts and I hope they are growing healthy... remember you may only end up with one blast....

Have a great weekend and I hope this all helps.
    cheers micca.xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello everyone, bit quiet here hope everyone is okay.

Micca you did a much better job at roll call than I did Mmm I think Pippy might have been missing? You are sounding like you have bounced right back, good for you, ready to go again

Hi to everyone else hope all is well in IVF land. I am in two minds at the moment, enjoying the break from it but desperately want to get back into it, if that makes any sense at all

Thanks
    Reviews
    FABULOUS FORTIES ROLL CALL 26thApril

April cyclers
    I am goldy- FET

MAY
    CYCLERS
    Lilly40 (Stim cycle)
    kittyM-ivf

May/june cyclers

Micca..IVF/icsi

JABBING
    kittyM
    Lilly40
    I am goldy

FET
    I am goldy 28th april

PUPO
    Penny 3 embabies on board
    cougarmummy..blasts on board

JUST HANGING
    Pisces
    Drbeee
    Jo101 - thinking about her icybub
    soclose
    sooz
    pippy

GRADUATES
    LuckyAPA
    Lucky2bMum
    Paul 64
    Jo101
    Kismet
    Amara
    Anxious
    Minibar

I hope this is all correct

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks soclose..I added pippy and updated the list.

I know what you mean..IVF is a bit like being a drug addict.... you hate doing it but when you stop all you can think of is when you can do it again.....LOL..LOL...

Even though I have just got my BFN I am so impatient to start again..... Im even having trouble waiting to ring FS tomorrow to ask about OCP...lol.lol.lol...
    I might have to work hard to distract myself....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Micca, thanks again for the info. Clinic rang this morning, two embies have compacted well and are at morula stage. The third one remains at three cell, so not looking so good for that little one. So, Blasto transfer tomorrow morning and hopefully the other one will be frozen. I asked the technician at the lab re better results of day 3 vs day 5 being frozen & she said that with the new freezing technique day 5s are the go. As it turns out, if I had gone with 2 day 3 embies being transferred, I would probably have no frosties.. At least now, it looks like I will have blasto transfer tomorrow and the other blasto waiting...It's all rather a gamble though, isn't it? I am so excited, nervous & anxious for tomorrow. I hope your cycst heals well. Can you explain a bit more about growth hormone and bcp? I don't know what that is. Thanks again for all your help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi all,

Wow I've had some catching up to do. I have baby brain really bad atm, so I'm sorry if i get anything wrong and forget who, what, why etc.

Micca
    - sorry for you BFN. I have messaged you my last protocol, had to send 2 separate PM's it was that long! You sound like you are doing ok despite this let down. Good on you.

Cougarmummy - good luck tomorrow. I've had both day 5 and day 3 embies. Only got to day 5 once and had biochemical pregnancy with a fresh trf and a BFP with the frozen one that ended in a m/c. Since then I haven't had enough embies to get to day 5 so always did a day 3 trf. I fell pregnant after having 2 x day 3 7 cell embies, one was perfect without any fragmentation and the other was slightly fragged. I'm 26 weeks with one baby ...there were 2 gestational sacks though, one didn't have a bub inside it. It's a big debate between having day 3 for 5 embryos. Traditionally they were always day 3's however due to improved research etc it's now possible to have day 5's & the technology is always advancing. I have heard day 3 embies are more successful in thawing than day 5's. It is a gamble though and all FS & clinics have different opinions. By the sound of it your embies are going great guns and are just where the embriologists like them. Each clinic has a different success rate depending on their knowledge and equipment, if your clinic is up to the minute with their equipment etc and it sounds like they are, you just have to trust what they say. My clinic don't like to go to day 5 if there only a few embryos on the go b/c of the risk of not getting to transfer and they feel embryos are better off back where they belong than in the lab but of course if there are enough embryos to gamble with they will go to day 5 as they have a new freezer too that gives a better outcome on thawing.

Kitty - welcome to the thread. I must say, I suggest you see another GP...what a quack!.
    I'm short and fat too , 5ft nothing and size 14 and have PCOS which causes the weight issue as well as infertility & I still fell pregnant, even if it took a long time. They say losing at least 10% of your total weight can make a difference in helping you get pregnant. For us shorties that is a huge weight loss. Even just a few kgs can make a difference. For me, my weight was Ok when I started IVF, could have been better but was good enough. I had to do alot of cycles and each one I gained more and more weight which I thought would be going against me, but I fell pregnant at my heaviest. I think it's common for women to put on weight doing ivf, so you do have to keep an eye on it, it is hard though . I put on about 8kgs during my ivf process over 2 1/2 years. Please don't let the time it took me to get pregnant put you off, I had a lot of issues going against me.
    As for what to suggest for your cycle, if this is your 1st cycle it is hard to gauge how you will respond & what to expect. Usually with the 1st cycle as your starting point, you will have to see how you go....hopefully very well. If you are taking your vitamins especially folate & pre-pregnancy vitamins, follow your instructions for the ivf drugs, you should be ok. Micca provided you with good advice. I strongly recommend low dose asprin (Cartia 100mg) make sure it isn't a higher dose than this. It was suggested to me to only take from the 2nd day after your egg collection as it could make you bleed more. Some FS oppose the use of it. Most people take this for blood clotting issues but plenty of people take it even if they don't, it's suppose to keep the blood nice and thin in the uterus & receptive for implantation. I also recommend acupuncture (I really believe it helped me), if you are keen to do it find a practitioner that deals with ivf and fertility issues. Apart from that, try to go with the flow with your cycle. I found the needles pretty easy to deal with and I always thought I could never jab myself. You can get quite uncomfortable if you develop a lot of follicles as they grow. Drink lots of water. If it gets very uncomfortable tell your clinic. For me I found the cycle phase of taking the drugs the easy part. It's the unknown factors that can make it stressful. How people feel after an egg collection varies. I was always quite tender for about 3-4 days, my belly swelled quite a bit, this is from excess fluids, again if this happens drink lots of water to flush your system & rest as much as you need to. If you have any questions or concerns you are in the right place on this thread. Lots of us can answer anything and there's loads of information in other threads.
    Best of luck!

Penny
    - PUPO...wooohoooo I have everything for you.

Hi to everyone I've missed, must go for now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou for all your advice Kismet. I had my transfer today, I'm a bit worried cos the embie was still at morula stage/early blasto.? They are growing the other one till tomorrow (day 6) and then freezing it. At day 3 they were a 9 cell & a 7 cell, so now I'm wondering if I should've done day 3. Oh well....what will be will be. I'm hoping that my little embie is nestling in nice and cosy right now and doing all the things it should do.
    I had a quick read up and I'm still a little hopeful as apparently it's not uncommon for it to take to day 6 to become a blasto. I guess it's up to good ol fate now! Cheers, Cougar.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi everyone

cougarmummy...PUPO woooohoooo 2 embies on board..make sure they know their mummy loves them....and wants to tuck them into bed...

Penny...Im reading your blogs, your last blog is just so true its scary....non ivfers so dont get it....

kismet...again thanks...

Goldy...good luck with your FET tomorrow....Ill have to add you to the PUPO list as well.... sticky vibes...

Lilly,kittym...hope your jabbin n stabbin is still going well...make those follies grow big and strong

AFM
    well I had a busy day at work...sort of not really wanting to be there, I phoned the FS..well the nurse and she said it was ok to start the BCP so at least that is now onboard. Then she went on to freak me out by implying that I have to have a FET next cycle rather than a fresh as I have sperm donor eggs and having them sit there is taking up a donor... Im like WTF????so you are basically implying that I cannot freeze any embies for more than 2 months... where did my rights to freeze my embryos for my time go..not your donor time and availablity. anyway I suspect it is something that they do not deal with a lot and now I have to chew my nails waiting to sort it all out with the FS. She is a practical lady so I hope that it was just the nurse thats talking out of her A$$, if it means that I have to use the same sperm donor again then I am ok with that...although the nurse then said...oh only if he is still available...I felt like slapping her and saying so do you want to hit me with any further debbie downer comments just after a BFN...or are you just having a bad day and felt you wanted to spread it around....grrrrrrr.
    So it sort of wreaked my afternoon and made me loose a little mojo...I know that there is nothing that I can do in the next week...but its just infurating..especially if I did want to do a FET I would push for a natural one....and on my timetable and not the clinics.
    So Im at home now with a cuppa blankie and some chocolate... feeling a little down and just ticked off and frustrated and feeling persecuted for being a single women.

ok so thats my little day of woe....

I hope everyone had a great day...
    xxxxxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    This made me laugh... hope you will too.....
    I found this on another site...

When Mattel were looking to design their new Barbie, IVF Barbie, they soon realized that there was not one universal Barbie that would accurately portray the spirit of IVF Barbie. So they decided they would come out with a few variations thereof.

Newbie Barbie:
    Newbie Barbie, also known as BabyDust Barbie is a bright, perky, Barbie, filled with optimism and confidence that IVF Will Work. She is thinner and usually younger than the other IVF Barbies. Her accessories include rose-tinted spectacles, a positive bank balance, healthy insurance coverage and a million questions. Newbie Barbie has lots of other Newbie Barbie friends and they congratulate each other on a job well done. This Barbie only says pleasant, optimistic things and believes that Attitude is Everything. Their motto is Think Positive!!

Pregnant Newbie Barbie:
    Pregnant Newbie Barbie is the big sister to Newbie Barbie. She is still slim, now with a cute belly. She is proof that IVF Does Work, usually the first time. She also comes with rose-tinted spectacles, a positive bank balance (only very slightly depleted) and total confidence that All Will Be OK. She glows when pregnant and liberally uses baby dust when playing with her sisters, the Newbie Barbies. She comes with Very Cute maternity clothes, a double stroller, and a fully decorated nursery even though she is only just a few weeks pregnant. Her motto is ‘See! Thinking Positive Works!!’. Newbie Barbie and Pregnant Newbie Barbies are great playmates and you can collect them as a set.

Joiner Barbie:
    Joiner Barbie is cousin to Newbie Barbie and Pregnant Newbie Barbie. Joiner Barbie comes with a group of friends just like her, and this group calls themselves by the name of a furry animal or has reference to a season. Think Spring Blossoms or Bubbly Bunnies. Accessories include a chart or table of some sorts, lots of smiley faces, baby dust (a glitter-like tub of ground up positive attitude that apparently has the power of hocus pocus to make one pg), declarations of eternal friendship and love and lots of ((((hugs)))).

Veteran Barbie:
    Veteran Barbies are not at all related to the Barbies above. Veteran Barbies are the Anti-Barbie. They are a whole lot plumper than the Newbie Barbies, less perky (in boobs and attitude), have grayer hair, a largely negative and over-drawn bank balance, plenty of bruises and marks and a slightly cynical attitude. They are dressed in comfy track pants with elasticated waistbands. Their accessories include a wealth of knowledge of reproductive procedures and protocol, the ability to practically do their own cycle, a snarky attitude, little tolerance for stupidity, a well defined sense of humor, the ability to laugh at themselves, a fondness for wine/beer/crack and an aversion to pineapple, baby dust and Newbie Barbies. This aversion in its more severe form can be allergic and acerbic. Veteran Barbies tend to swear quite a bit (especially when playing in the Barbie House with Newbie Barbies and Pregnant Newbie Barbies) and parental guidance is advised.

Pregnant Veteran Barbie:
    Very similar to Veteran Barbie, only now with an added dose of neuroses and paranoia. Continuously and obsessively over-analyses every twinge, convinced that the end is nigh. Only buys stroller and decorates nursery when in eighth month. Accessories include disbelief and a sense of not quite belonging, and 10 home pregnancy tests just in case the first one was faulty or the clinic made a mistake with her beta. Pregnant Veteran Barbies have been known to pee on the sticks up until the day before giving birth just to see the two lines.

Celebrity IVF Barbie:
    Celeb Barbie comes in two versions: Denial Celeb Barbie and Out of the Closet IVF Barbie. Denial Celeb Barbie does not play with the other Barbies and pretends not to be an IVF Barbie at all. She drops the IVF part of her name and thinks ‘Donor Eggs’ is a swear word. She pretends that her twins at age 49 are Natural and she did it all On Her Own. She also claims her boobs are her own and that she has never had a face lift, hence her credibility is not at an all time high. Out of the Closet IVF Barbie is the preferred Barbie. We like her.

IVF Ken:
    Ken is a wank3r. Sorry to sound so harsh, but besides being a wank3r there is very little that Ken does in IVF land. Sometimes Ken administers shots, hands out tissues and occasionally accompanies the Barbies to their Dr’s visits (normally during the first few cycles only), but mostly he is just a wank3r. If you choose an IVF Ken, then try and get one that also cooks or does DIY. Otherwise just sit him down in front of your Barbie TV and let him know when it is time for him to do his, um, contribution. Mostly the Barbies love their Kens, unless Ken is being particularly insensitive or obnoxious, then he becomes a wank3r in all senses of the word. Some IVF Barbies don’t even have a Ken and they do just fine. If you do find a good Ken, hang on to him, don’t swap him with your other friends.

FS Ken:
    FS Ken is the all knowing, all seeing Ken. He might be a wank3r, or not, but here we are talking about being a wank3r in the figurative sense. He could also be very nice. He may call you by your first name but you may only call him Doctor. His accessories are many and wonderful. He comes with a zooty new car (normally very expensive), a smart house, a very healthy bank balance and a holiday home or two. FS Ken knows every thing and is considered second only to God. Some FS Kens are kind, some are not. They are all rich. Ken’s office is filled with fun toys like ultra sound machines, dildo like probes, waiting rooms filled with the different types of Barbies (some annoyingly come with miniature Barbies or Kens in tow), medicines, procedures rooms etc. FS Ken also comes with a free Nurse (Ratchet) Barbie, who will not return your calls, will hand out annoying platitudes and generally add to your frustration levels. When purchasing FS Ken you will get Ultrasound Ken and BloodDrawer Ken. Unfortunately they come as a package deal and you are not able to get FS Ken without them, they aren’t as much fun. However, you will need a FS Ken if you are going to play the IVF Barbie game.

Mattel foresee a big demand for these Barbies and say that for extra fun and lively interaction, collect the full set of IVF Barbies, put them in the Barbie house together and see the sparks fly.

I hope this puts a smile on your faces....
    Last edited by micca; 27-04-2010 at 19:55.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Love it Micca, hilarious! Love the FS Ken lol how true

Hope everyone is well