Closed Thread
Page 37 of 64 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    hi everyone
    well the results are in..... BFN .... beta<2 and progesterone 9 so AF well and truely on its way in the next day or so.... interesting that the pregnyl cleared my system very quickly ..it was out of the system by day 3 post injection...might have to bring that up with the FS.

Ive had a mixed day... sad.. .tears. ..sad.. .resigned. ...motivated... tears...
    So I guess that by sunday I should be all raaa raaa again and gunning for the next cycle.... I hope anyway... I find out tuesday as to what protocol I will be using...but I will be pushing for growth hormone very strongly.... I'm aiming to cycle may/june...so lilly,sooz, kitty, we will all be cycle buddies....YAY YAY YAY........

Im ready to cycle again as this cycle was such a breeze I really feel like I have just had a normal menstrual cycle...whats the bets the next one is a shocker...lol..lol...
    Anyway my mojo is slowly coming back Im a survivor.... and my life seems to run in 3 goes for everything... so maybe that means 3rd cycle lucky...
    My plans this weekend are to bond with the couch, blankie, dvds, real coffee and chocolate...mmmmmm......and maybe some cleaning and sorting to make me feel like a fresh start...cold change this weekend snow on the peaks temps forecast min -6 max 10 so a good weekend for being in a cave...

Little bit disappointed with my BFF...she knew answers would be in by end of week but has not talked to me since sunday...sigh...its always a letdown....I just can't be bothered talking to her either at this stage.
    I phoned my parents and they were sad, they are just getting the hang of the IVF emotional rollercoster.... and are beginning to want to help...they offered to help pay for accommodation in sydney for the next cycle so I dont have to put up with my girlfriends mad stressfull ADHD house and children.. so that will be a help.... and an unexpected bonus....

Anyway there you go.....

so I hope everyone has a great weekend and gets out and enjoys friends and family...something pretty hard for us country chics....

You are all so wonderful and this chat is the best thing for all of us to retain out sanity in the face of such a huge challange..
    Love you all heaps...HUGS for everyone...
    xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi lovely ladies,

Micca I am sorry to hear about your BFN. It is such hard news to be given. I think we all know how you are feeling.

I had my second lining scan today and I am ready for a frozen transfer, this will be on 28/4/10. I am so pleased, as my last 2 cycles were cancelled due to my lining not being thick enough. So I have my fingers crossed for this one.

I hope everyone is doing OK wherever you are in the land of IVF!

Goldy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Micca

sorry to hear this cycle was a BFN, I feel your pain, totally sucks!

Hang in there my friend.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Micca so sorry for you BFN, it is so unfair but we have to keep going. You are very strong doing this on your own Your best friend sounds just like mine, I am not overly happy with her either Your weekend sounds great though. I am up north and it is still hot and muggy, I would love some cold weather.

Hi Kitty, looking forward to getting to know you and I hope your dream comes true for you and your DH

Hi Goldy, I hope this is the one for you

Have a great weekend everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

Micca, I am so sorry that this wasn't the one for you, I hope you have a great self indulgent weekend.

Kitty welcome I hope your journey here is short.

Goldy woohoo for the great lining- best of luck for the FET.

Girls if you don't read Penny's blog, she had three embies transferred on Thursday - 2 compacting morulas and an 8 cell, so is currently PUPO, I think she said she would be back on Thursday. Penny, I hope the 2ww goes smoothly.

To anyone I have missed have a great weekend.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou soclose, Out of 6 eggs, 4 fertilised, 3 of them are strong... We are having a day 5 transfer on Tues. I would love to hear from anyone who has done both day 3 & day 5 (as I have) After all the research, it appears that there is more of a chance of success with blasto's.... I'm so nervous and excited I can't think properly!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cougar... 4 fert a great result with 3 good embies. I hope I can answer your questions.

I am a fan of day 3 embies after all my research mainly because of my age at 41yrs, however if I was under 35yrs I would prob be a blast fan.
    The biggest problem with blasts in older women is that they sacrifice a lot of day 3 embies to obtain. It was initially thought that blasts survived because they were more likely to be chomosomally normal. However many recent studies have shown several different findings
    1. high grade blasts have just as high a percentage of chromosome abnormalities as cleavage embryos (day 3) and they should not be relied upon for chromosomally normal embryos.

2. High quality day 3 embies may not grow into strong blasts, low quality day 3 embies may grow into high quality blasts.

3. Blast culture requires a change in growth media from the cleavage stage (day3) to blast stage...this media solution is critical to ongoing cellular division. The success rate of blast growth therefore has a high degree on the ability of the embryologist and laboratory.

4. Not all day 3 embies that fail to progress would have done so in-utero. Data suggests that anywhere from 10-20% of failed day 3 embies would have gone on to produce healthy pregnancies.

5. Blast culture benefits women most of whom have recurrent failed IVF through implantation issues as it is though that the uterine lining is more receptive to blastocysts rather than cleavage stage.

6. The pregnancy rate per embryo is approximately the same between blasts and day 3 embies...
    ie 3 cleavage stage to make 1 blast = pregnancy
    3 cleavage transfered ...1 singleton pregnancy.

7. Some recent studies (2010) from scandinavia have suggested that blast transfers have higher rate of congential abnormalities and pre-term births.

8. Blast transfers have a very high rate of monozygotic twins which can be detrimental to the birth of healthy babies due to the higher miscarriage, stillborn and premature delivery.

So in todays regulated climate in women under the age of 35 where embryo transfer numbers are limited to 1 embryo the chances are significantly higher with a blast.
    But for women over 35 where 2 -3 embryos may be transfered one must weigh up the cost of the high attrition rate of cleavage embryos for a blast, particually if frozen embryos are also a priority. It should be noted that cryopreservation of cleavage embryos has a higher success rate than blasts.

I hope this helps. I have done both day 3 and blast transfers... and because of my age I find that day 3 transfers suit me. A lot of FS are going back to cleavage stage embryos especially in older women because of the above findings. This may become more popular as genetic screening techniques of day 2-3 embryos become more available... CGH flourescence.
    Last edited by micca; 24-04-2010 at 16:14.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi everyone
    well its a great wet, rainy and cold day here...needless to say I have not moved from the couch.... I had a great breakfast of chocolate and coffee...lol..lol but made up with an apple for lunch......

pisces... hope that you are fattening up the furbaby...poor thing 4 kg is a huge weight loss ... fingers crossed he gets better and better....

Lily40... wow the 27th is just around the corner... so excited for you and your next cycle... hopefully this will be the one...we definately need some BFPs!!!!

I am goldy.
    .. all systems go for your FET, congrats for a super dupper lining... are you taking aspirin??
    I hope that that little embie sure likes its new home.

Soclose... Hope you have some peace and quiet in your house soon..... and you still have not been driven crazy by eveyone.

Sooz... hope you are reeving up for your next cycle...can't let that BFN slow you down too much...I hope you are feeling much more positive

Penny...welcome to the 2ww, PUPO
    great transfer... 23year old eggs...ooooh you have a good chance of twins.. fingers crossed for a pregnancy...you certainly deserve an A for effort. fingers crossed for a great result and I hope you can enjoy the rest of your holiday now that all the IVF stress has finished.

Mini/anxious... hope that your pregnancies continue to go well and you are now finding your pants are not fitting......we all want to be having fat tummies like you...

KittyM... the start of your cycle is around the corner... you and lilly will be cycle budies.... fingers crossed for a great result for you

If I have missed anyone I apologise.

AFM
    I feel my mojo is back , AF has started and I cant wait for for tuesday to see what protocol I will be doing, I guess this weekend I will be researching flare vs long down reg protocols and egg quality.
    Started back on the DHEA today at a higher dose this time as I will only have 8weeks before I have to stop it. I will be checking my testosterone this week and then in about 3 weeks to make sure I am not becoming androgenised.... I hope it will help. But probably no where as much as the growth hormone will... I also read a recent study that supports luveris in the last stage of the follicular phase to produce higher quality eggs...which is interesting as I though my eggs were slightly better last time..I will discuss this with the FS...

Thank you everyone for your kind words and support it really helps me to feel supported and not quite so alone ...you are all wonderful people

Anyway I hope that everyone is enjoying their anzac weekend.
    Last edited by micca; 24-04-2010 at 16:52.

Thanks
    Reviews
    FABULOUS FORTIES ROLL CALL

April cyclers
    I am goldy- FET

MAY
    CYCLERS
    Lilly40 (Stim cycle)
    kittyM-ivf

May/june cyclers

Micca..IVF/icsi

JABBING
    kittyM
    Lilly40
    I am goldy

AWAITING THE WITCH
    Micca...sat/sun

ET
    cougarmummy growing embabies

FET
    I am goldy 28th april

PUPO
    Penny 3 embabies on board

BT'S

JUST HANGING
    Pisces
    Drbeee
    Jo101 - thinking about her icybub
    soclose
    sooz

GRADUATES
    LuckyAPA
    Lucky2bMum
    Paul 64
    Jo101
    Kismet
    Amara
    Anxious
    Minibar

I hope this is all correct
    Last edited by micca; 24-04-2010 at 16:46.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow! Thankyou so much for all your info Micca. I rang the clinic this morning and all three embies are doing well on day 3... I know it's a big risk to take but we are scheduled for day 5 on Tues. I would love to read more info about twins re blastos... If you can tell me more about that I would be grateful. I am so nervous about whether or not we have made the right decision. According to my Fs there is really no difference between 2 day 3's and 1 blasto (re success) I just thought that seeing day 5 is the day the embie usually makes it's way to the uterus that it was a more natural beginning for it. Do you know what you will do next time?
    Hello to everyone else, I hope all is good for you.