ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 30 of 64 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    pisces....big hugs....sorry for your BFN,
    and on top of your furbabies illness. I hope the both of you recover .
    Please take some time out for you ..a bubble bath, wine, chocolate what ever it takes and of course lots of hugs from DH.

Big hugs

soclose....woohoo injecting saturday
    fingers crossed that this is your cycle. Make sure you request copies of all your tests from your FS and then you can research any positives and figure out what else you need A lot of information about tests is on the net and from other IVF clinics info sites. I know that DHEA and wheat grass can help reduce FSH values.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pisces, I am so sorry on the BFN and that your fur baby is so sick....it breaks your heart when they are unwell.....hope everything will be ok..
    Take care of you and DH.......

Soclose.....lucky you on AF arriving.....I have been waiting for her all week....she usually is like clockwork, not sure what has happened this week when I WANT her to arrive...have the drugs but no AF, had a couple of wipes and thought ahhh here she is....but then doesn't follow through. lower back pain and crampy twinges...........but naddah.....
    Happy cycling.......

Hiya everyone else......

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    MIcca congrats on the great ferty results, good luck for your transfer on Saturday but so far has sounded like a fantastic cycle for you.

Pisces I am so sorry for your BFP and about your furbaby, it is so awful when they get sick as they are so helpless and don't quite understand, I hope he makes a full recovery real soon, take time to heal and we look forward to see you cycling again when you are ready.

Soclose good luck for starting injecting Saturday, best of luck for this cycle I hoe this is the one for you.

Penny you must be getting ready to fly out, I hope the packing is going well. I have sent you a PM.

To everyone else hi

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Micca for the info, my FS has never even mentioned DHEA to me. I am going to start asking more questions and get more information from him and the FN's. I never get told anything and always assume they know best but after reading through the threads on here I am starting to wonder! I don't even know anything much about FHS levels etc.

Thanks for the well wishes Mini

I wish AF would arrive for you Pippy, it is so frustrating, all we do is wait wait Mine is usually like clockwork too but a few days late this month. Sounds like she is not too far away for you

Hope everyone else is well

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Thyroxine 100

Hi Ladies

Sorry I haven’t replied earlier, busy and DH has been home annoying me! Lol

Sooz – I too had a lot of joy from the embryologists, they get very excited talking to you about eggs and sperm. They go into the finer detail of things, like embryo glue, ICSI etc. My clinic also pushes (just about) everyone to have ICSI…hang in there on your 2WW

Goldy – I agree, out of 11 in waiting, at least one will be the miracle you are waiting for! Now, imaging your lining thickening. I had the odd argument with my endo, lol.

Micca - Yippy on your lucky 10 embies very exciting! How lucky to get 3 embies transferred, how did you bribe them?

Soclose – Happy jabbing!

Pisces – Sorry mate, totally sucks, I feel your pain, I think we all do. If it doesn’t rain it pours, hope furbaby is on the mend. x

Everyone else wishing you well and stress free.

Ok, story time. Thyroxine is used to stabilise your thyroid gland. You may be aware if your thyroid isn’t working properly it can affect your fertility, cause miscarriage, eclampsia and birth defects. I would assume you all would have had your thyroid tested along with all the other hundreds of tests that are preformed at the beginning of our assisted fertility journey (BT is T3 T4 & TSH).

During my testing in mid 2008 they found out I had Hashimoto’s thyroid disease, inflammation of the thyroid gland and it is an autoimmune disease. I was referred to the Endocrinologist Dr Pulham, he was the one that diagnosed me with Hashimoto’s. During this time my thyroid stabilised. I put this down to eating well, stopped drinking, reduced stress and I reduced my training (I was running ½ marathons, distant memory). He could have prescribed Thyroxine then, but was reluctant because once you start taking it, in some cases you’re on it for life! So I opted to get tested every two months instead.

I had another bout of Hashi’s when I had my EP last year, and again I was able to get it back under control. Anyway, I had my usual TSH BT when I found out I was pregnant this time, but they only now told me to go on the medication straight away because my levels were all over the place.

Looking back over many years, I think I have had extreme bouts one or twice a year but unknown to me, just thought I was either having a fat or skinny month, I go either way. This might account for the effortless TTC, and looking back I think I had the odd miscarriage that only now I recognise as having one.

Anyway, Thyroxine will not harm the baby, that was my main concern, but I will need to be (and minibar) monitored during our pregnancy because the dosage may need to be increased while we are pregnant.

Okay, must run, DH is having a tantrum. He is putting up new cornices and has just realised he cut them all wrong, Oh and it appears to be my fault, what the! Tut tut.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi guys,

So much is happening in here!

Sooz - Sorry your embryologists don't speak to you. I am in Brisbane sorry. We must have vastly different protocols at our clinics. At least you've got ICSI for next time. I'm sure you'll get much better results with that.

Micca - Well done you! That's a fantastic result. Best of luck for Saturday's transfer. I'll be thinking of you as I fly over to South Africa.

Anxious - Very funny post. How is it always OUR fault! Thanks for the information on the tests and drugs. Very interesting. I was always wondering what those tests I'd had done were for. Now I know!

Mini - thanks for the PM. You are such a sweet woman.

Pisces - You poor thing. I was gutted when I read your post. This rollercoaster is such a sh*t sometimes isn't it? And to have a sick puppy as well would be just cruel. Hope your furbaby is ok. Poor little thing.

Pippy - When I was waiting for my AF it was suggested to me to wear white pants and go out without anything in your bag. You know what? It worked a treat for me! Hope it comes for you soon.

Soclose - Well done on the jabbing! Good luck for this cycle. I'll be away for most of it, but hope to return in time to hear good news!

AFM - Will try to update the roll call for you girls in a moment. Feel free to update it for me while I'm away if anything changes.

I'm ready to fly out at 6am tomorrow morning. It's hard to believe it's so close now. Looking forward to the holiday and also to the cycle. We can't guarantee it's success, but we will certainly have done everything we could!

Will try to update while I'm gone, but if I can't I'm sure someone who reads my blog might give you an update for me (maybe Minibar?).

guys. Best of luck for your cycles while I'm away and I'll talk to you all on my return.

for all of us!

Thanks
    Reviews
    FABULOUS FORTIES ROLL CALL

GRADUATES
    LuckyAPA
    Lucky2bMum
    Paul 64
    Jo101
    Kismet
    Amara
    Anxious
    Minibar

APRIL
    Goldy (FET)
    Pippy (Stim cycle)
    Penny (DET)
    soclose (Stim cycle)
    KittyM - (Stim cycle)
    Micca (Stim cycle)

MAY
    Lilly40 (Stim cycle)

JABBING
    Soclose
    Penny

AWAITING THE WITCH
    Pippy

EPU
    Micca - 7 April
    Penny (donor) approx 15 April

ET
    Micca 10 April
    Penny approx 19 April

FET

PUPO
    Micca (on Saturday )

BT'S

JUST HANGING
    Pisces
    Drbeee
    Jo101 - thinking about her icybub

If you've fallen off the roll call or are in the wrong spot, please let me know by the end of the day and I'll try to pop back later and fix anything up. Cheers Penny.
    Last edited by PennyPC; 09-04-2010 at 12:56. Reason: update

Thanks
    Reviews
    Picess11 - Im so sorry to hear that big huggs for you and your little fur baby. Its so hard and disappointing please dont give up. Im sure you and your fur baby will be a great comfort to each other. I too have a fur baby and I know she is there for lots of cuddles when I get upset with IVF. they are full of unconditional love.

As for the medicare rebate change I know what you are saying last year I used to get over $3,000 back and now I get $1,660 a big difference. Just remember to keep all of your out of pocket expenses receipts and at tax time take your medicare statement with yoru receipts to the tax man as you will be able to get another 20% on your out of pocket expenses with your tax return.

Pippy - I hope you get AF this weekend so you can start your next cycle if so we maybe cycling together as I am also due this weekend.

Micca - Fantastic 3 to transfer, my dr always only 1 and has only agreed to 2 now because of my previous failures with both fresh and Frozen not thawing. You are so lucky to have 3 fingers crossed for your transfer tomorrow.

Snooze07- I had a genetic testing which included the preimplantation test and a chromosone test which tests for imbalances in the chromosones as if you have this the embryo cannot fully develop and miscarriages or may fail to implant altogether. My partner also had gentic testing done. He also did all the tyroid testing and immune testing not sure what the immune one was for or what else but Im happy to ask when I am next at my dr as he is very nice and helpfull and at my last visit he didnt even charge me which was a bonus. Some of the genetic testing you will need to pay for as its not covered under medicare and it takes 3 to 4 weeks to get results for the genetic ones. Hang in there ask them to do every test they can to make sure nothing is wrong. It cant hurt right!

Penny PC - good luck in SA fingers crossed for you have a great flight, I look forward to hearing about your journey.

To everyone I have not mentioned personally I hope your linings are behaving, the babies are gowing and kicking healthy like little soccer players, the two week waits are not driving your crazy and everyone is well. Have a great weekend everyone XOX

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Lilly Anxious and Penny

Interesting story on the thyroid Anxious, I keep learning learning the more I read on here, it's great

Have a fantastic trip Penny, I can't wait to hear all about it as I am sure all the other girls will be waiting too, how exciting, I really hope it all works out for you

Lilly I have a little furbaby too he is so precious to me and so in tune with me it's not funny. I adore him to pieces

AFM - had BT this morning, clinic just phoned and said I can start jabbing tomorrow (450 Gonal F) They said my FSH had dropped to 15 and that they think that is probably the lowest it will go. I have no idea about this (I should). Can anyone tell me if this is still high? I am panicking a bit that it is and they are just being a bit blaze about it. Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Forgot, thanks Penny for doing the roll call, I will try and update things if I can when you are gone