ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 29 of 64 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Great news on the EPU Micca, I hope they do what they have to tonight in the petrie dish and you get great fert results tomorrow.

We have always used ICSI on ours as my DH has mobility and motlity issues.

Sooz I agree with the others you need to make the scientists your friends I used to phone them every day for an update and they were wonderful.

I am Goldy best of luck for this cycle I hope the lining gets to where it needs to be.

Anxious would love to hear the long story I was on 100 thyroxine and it had to be increased to 150 and I have a feeling it needs to be raised even more. when is your next appointment?

Penny almost time for you to jet off to SA for your donor cycle I am so excited for you and can't wait to hear your news.

To all I have forgotten

Thanks
    Reviews
    Micca what great news thats fantastic numbers well done for you and especially after the stressful last couple of days you have had. Keep us posted on progress fingers crossed for you.

PennyPC looks like I will be buying up big on the Kiwifruit!

Goldy hope the lining is growing nicely and you are feeling better.

Kimset thanks for the projesterone update I think I will be asking for the whole lot next time if Im not successful too. As for DH told him he should start a forum for significant others, men, women and family members to support each other.

Anious glad your bus is ok. What is thryroxine is that a form of asprin?

Pippy did you have any side effects from 600?

Snooze07 - my last cycle I had evey test just about taken from blood 13 tubes in total ordered by my dr. Genetic, anitbodies also for the gen for miscarriage the list goes on I will find out the others for you when Im next at my dr. I didnt ask for these he just did them. I would Ask your dr to do all the genetic and antibody testing everything the can possibly do my DH also had the genetic testing done. And stick with the ICIS my dr will only do this for me now. My clinic also offers an embyro testing if requested at a separate cost.

Thank goodness for this forum as it helps me learn what questions to ask and what other clinics prescribe and advise.

to all the ladies I havent mention above I hope you are doing well and keep us updated on your progess

Good night ladies have a great night XOX

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lily40, no, no side effects anymore than when I was on 450 anyway....but everyone is different,

Micca,

well done on epu...all the best for et....

still waiting for AF...waiting, waiting......waiting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Micca - great results so far, hope tomorrow is fabulous news also. What a nightmare you had.

Goldy - that would be side affects from the progynova, when I was on that I turned into a feral person.

Anxious - yeh what is that drug for?

Hi everyone I've missed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Micca - Well done on the EPU. Aren't you a clever girl? Hope you get a great fertilisation rate today.

Goldy - I feel your pain. Have been on Progynova for a week and just increased my dosage last night - one more increase in dosage on Sunday. I woke this morning feeling 'yuck'. Trying so hard to be balanced, but I can feel myself tipping. Let's hope I can keep it under control.

Kismet - I can't believe your ticker is over half way!

AFM - My favourite scientist in South Africa interpreted a research paper I found on PICSI for me yesterday. Although there's not much difference in fertilisation rates, the clinical pregnancy rates are increased by 10%. She tells me this is because the DNA/chromosomes of sperm don't kick in for the embryo until after day 3, so you don't get to see any problems from them until after that. Interesting information. I heard that before, but wasn't sure if it were true so it's nice to hear from a scientist. I'm going to ask if it's worth going to blastocyte when chromosomal issues in the sperm are a factor.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning everyone,

Thank you for all of your feedback re making the scientists/embryologists our friends to try and get more feedback. I set about doing this yesterday only to be informed that at our clinic, the embryologist does not speak to the patient. Maybe it's a Melbourne thing?? FS did call this morning to say that the lab had called her to say that there was nothing in what they had observed to stop us going ahead with another cycle - ICSI when the time comes. So I think I will just settle for that now and enjoy being PUPO and relax - 10 more days til PT time.

Micca - so happy for you, wonderful result! Everything crossed for great fertilisation results.

Lilly40 - thanks for your note, would be interested to know what the test for miscarriage is, as I suspect I miscarried early twice on IUI, but the clinic were sadly not very attentive and were always too busy to talk, hence moving to new clinic for IVF.

IamGoldy - amazing fertilization rate - we will definately be doing ICSI next round should I not be so lucky with current little embie who I hope is all snug and settled in. Best of luck with your next cycle.

PennyPC - I wish I had a clinic like yours with such helpful scientists. You don't happen to live in Melbourne do you? I'm off to get some Kiwi Fruit - I'd forgotten how much I love Kiwi Fruit until you brought it up. Great source of vitamin C too.

Thanks again everyone and hope you all have a wonderful day. Sooz xox

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi everyone
    well things are moving along

Lilly40.. glad you are plodding away

Goldy.. got to love drug side effects not long to go now make that lining really thick and fluffy.

sooz07.. Sounds like you are getting it all together for the next cycle...ICSI and a great fert report for you. At my clinic the embryologists call us which is lovely. We decide prior to the pick up as to how many embies and what day transfer we want to do.and this can be changed at any point.

Penny... I read that same paper and was very happy about it especially since I am using young donor sperm.

Pippy.... I hope that evil witch arrives soon so you can start cycling. hang in there.....waiting waiting

Lucky, kismet, minibar,anxious..our beacons of hope, great to hear from you all, hope everything is going well.

AFM...
    well Im recovering well from the EPU, , it was much better this time with less pain (almost none) and virtually no bleeding at all. So I am planning a very quiet day today..but feeling much better.

Fert report is in.....11 mature eggs and 10 fertilised..... woohoooooo..love the 91% fert rate

So Im eating pinapples, protein and drinking this absolutely foul tonic of chinese herbs which is supposed to make the embies stick more.....
    Planning a day 3 transfer on saturday with 3 embies. Hoping that I will have some frosties....fingers crossed.

Anyway hope everyone is cruising along... we want lots of BFPs..xxx
    Last edited by micca; 08-04-2010 at 09:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning Ladies

Apologies for being MIA, I've had a hell of week or two and free time hasn't been on my side.

Unfortunately I'm not up with where everyone is so sorry in advance.

Micca - Great fert results. this is your cycle for a BFP

Sooz - Hope your 2WW goes fast & you get a positive at PT time and won't need to do another cycle

Penny - Not long now til your ET in South Africa. Hope all goes well and you enjoy the kiwi festival while your there

Kismet, Mini, Anxious, Lucky APA (hope I didn't miss anyone) - Hope you preggie ladies are going well and bubs are being good to you

Pippy, Lilly, Goldy - Hope you are doing well.

For anyone that is interested, there was a thread on implantation failure & embryo quality a while back that quite a few people have listed the testing they have had done. Here's the link
    http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...tation+failure

AFM - BFN this time. Started bleeding on the weekend so expected the result. Still had BT though as I don't trust my body not to throw another chem preg my way but definitely BFN this time.

Won't be cycling again til later in the year. Had already decided this before this cycle as we need to get our finances together, have taken a big hit with the medicare changes this year.

Additionally we ended up with a very unwell furbaby on the weekend. Has been a day patient at the vets for the last 2 days having treatment but was allowed a day at home today which is why I'm able to post. He has immune-mediated hemolytic anemia which occurs when the immune system attacks the red blood cells. He's been stabilised so far but has been a few hairy & expensive days and he still isn't out of the woods yet. He now has to be on prednisone for a few months & we have to keep a close eye on him. It seems a bit ironic that my puppy dog (almost 3) is on the same medication I am

Hope everyone is having a good day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, back from Easter and trying to catch up now

Micca that is great news, you must be thrilled, congrats!

Need to read back to see where everyone is at

AFM - AF arrived today so hopefully can start jabbing Saturday, feeling a bit anxious as my FSH levels haven't been right since September last year and we have to keep cancelling before we even start. I am starting to think my FS is not as thorough as I thought he was, he doesn't seem to be doing enough I don't think

I hope everyone is well

Penny must be leaving soon for SA

Hi to Pippy, Minibar, Goldy, Anxious, Lilly, Sooz, Micca and everyone else I missed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Pisces, so sorry for your results Sounds like you are having an awful time at the moment. I hope your furbaby is going to be okay