ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 26 of 64 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sooz07 - welcome to our thread. Sorry that you have to be here though, but you have come to the right place to vent, chat , or whatever need arises. It's a difficult thing to go thru at the best of times, however when the bad times come, you need a place to be & there's no better place to be than to be chatting to people that are going thru the same thing. Congratulations on being PUPO, let's hope this embryo is a little fighter and sticks. I'm glad you went ahead with the transfer, there wouldn't have been a reason not to if everything looked fine - it could be the golden egg!
    It can be daunting to have such big numbers then drop off dramatically. This usually happened to me too. As Penny said, don't lose hope, we always have to have hope. I'm an advocate for persistence and perseverance being the key to success (as it took me 12 attempts). Don't mean to scare you though, I had some issues going against me. The fact is, with IVF, you don't really know what you are dealing with in the beginning b/c you don't know how your body or the eggs are going to respond & neither do the doctors unfortunately. Its all trial & error. Sometimes its a matter of trying different things before you find the right way.
    Pennypc gave you some excellent tips & I'm sure we can add a few more IF you need it. But you won't because this little one is gonna stick
    When I read your post, it made me think of a friend of mine that found when she 1st did IVF that her membrane around her eggs built some sort of antibody against her hubby's sperm, therefore they had to use ICSI to ensure fertilisation. When they did this they had success. So if you have to go for another egg collection, insist on ICSI next time.
    GOOD LUCK!

Penny - I meant to say before I'm so glad you got in contact with SA clinic & found out about the PICSI method. It's very interesting. Goes to show this country is behind the 8 ball yet again. I get so sick of hearing about successful treatment for anything that's available OS & not here yet. Not long now & you will be there, how exciting

Micca
    - sounds like you will have a fabulous egg haul. Hope it all goes well

Glad someone mentioned the laptop shouldn't actually be on your lap, I'm looking at getting one & that thought never entered my head.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    hi everyone
    I hope everyone is well. Ive just finished my long day at work..sooo glad to get that over with.

Kismet...you just give such hope to all of us...you deserve this precious child so much...it will be the most cherished and loved baby in austraila.

Sooz...welcome. This is just the greatest place for you to unleash all your frustrations and anger. We all get it and we all understand.
    Congrats on being PUPO. Dont get 2 down there are hundreds of stories around with women whom have a single embie and fall preggers. If you were in your 20s thats all you would have transferred normally.
    I agree with the girls, in iVF knowledge is an important factor... you need to read and google everything and of course ask on the boards as we can often direct you to some great sites.
    My FS will only do ICSI on women >40 as the egg coats can be quite tough for the sperm to get through.. each cycle has a steep learning curve for you and the FS. The most important message is just to keep trying...!!!!

AFM
    well I cannot believe that tonight was my last lupron/ gonalF ...this cycle has just gone so quickly its just amazing and to have so little side effects is a blessing.
    So my trigger is tomorrow...so have to give that at 11pm and ER around 10am weds morning...just dreaming about waking up with the number written on my hand of eggs collected. It must be hillarious for the theatre staff watching us ladies wake up and immediately look at our hand.... Do they do that for the rest of you gals on fresh cycles...???
    Off to sydney tomorrow afternoon after work (I finish at 1pm) sigh another drive at least it will be a week before I come back. So hopefully some relaxing time and PUPO on my return...LOL..LOL

ps... I sit with my laptop on my lap all the time. but I have a little padded table between it and me...does that count as ok??...LOL..lol

I hope you have all had a fabulous easter and indulged in chocolate. Mine was very quiet on the chocolate front with only 2 little marshmellow eggs... might have to remedy that with a cuppa tonight.
    Last edited by micca; 04-04-2010 at 21:18.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone for all of your positive and encouraging feedback and the wealth of knowledge you've shared. I think I will ring the clinic today to try and make sure they are actually analysing the sperm/eggs to see what went wrong.

DH has had sperm analysis done and all good there and when I asked FS yesterday he said my eggs were also very good, so the result was definately a surprise.

PennyPC thanks for your suggestion re testing out my fertility and ovarian reserve and also taking DHEA for egg quality - sounds like a worthwhile thing to do - it can't hurt.

Kismet and Micca, intersting notes about your friend's eggs building antibodies and also the egg coats sometimes being tougher in older women. I am learning so much. Thank you. I am determined we will do ICSI when the time comes.

I have read a little about small doses of asprin assisting with implantation (eg 1/4 tablet of Aspro clear daily) does anyone subscribe to this theory or have any thoughts? Want to assist this little emby along as much as possible. Had a rough night with some sharp stomach pains and sweats last night, so hoping that's a good sign? Perhaps it's the Crinone gel I've started to use to help with sticky lining.

Have a wonderful day everyone - Hugs Sooz

Thanks
    Reviews

Default cardiprin 100

Hi Sooz

I have been taking cardiprin 100 once in the morning as advised by my FS from ET up to 36 weeks pregnant. It has 100mg aspririn. I know a lot of the girls are on it from my clinic. You can purchase it over the counter, no script. x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sooz07.....

A friend of mine had only one embie....badly fragmented......they told her that they wouldn't recommend transfer.......she fought and now she has a beautiful 2 year old........

Keep calm, loads of water and think positive...

xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sooz07

I don't post much at the moment but I do pop in to check on everyone's progress.

I am a firm believer in low dose aspirin. I had a total of 19 cycles - only 3 on aspirin and I fell pregnant twice while on aspirin.

Good luck - hope it works for you too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lucky tobe mum....

How and why did you take the asprin and how much????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sooz I too take aspirin..100mg day
    my FS has all women on it from EPU to preg test.
    I have been on it for about 3 weeks now as pre pregnancy it can reduce the incidence of pregnancy induced hypertension and eclampsia.

It is used to increase the blood flow to the ovaries and uterus. The idea is that some women do not implant as they have small micro emboli in the uterine lining which interupts implanatation progressing and can lead to chemical pregnancies and BFNs.
    It is a solid fact with a lot of scientific evidence behind it.

hope this helps.
    xx

got to do the trigger shot tonight fingers crossed...xxx EPU weds
    praying for a good easter egg hunt.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lucky2b Mum, amazing stats. You've convinced me; I took my quarter of Aspro Clear tonight.

Thanks Anxious will investigate Cardiprin tomorrow and Micca, thanks for the more scientific answer - very helpful and interesting... will be thinking of you and sending lots of positive thoughts your way for Wednesday.

Pippy, thanks for the water reminder. I do forget to drink enough water and downed a big glass shortly after reading your post.

A call to FS first thing tomorrow to get an appointment for some more answers. The nurse assured me today that they will have investigated the lack of fertilisation but the explanation has to come from my FS. So will be interesting to see what's said, but I feel like I know so much more just from having joined this thread. Thanks for all your caring responses. xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pippy View Post
    Lucky tobe mum....

How and why did you take the asprin and how much????
    Hi Pippy

I was grasping at straws really. After 16 unsuccessful cycles (2 or 3 chemicals was as close as I got) I was ready to give up. I responded well to the drugs and we made "good looking embryos" but I couldn't fall pregnant.

A nurse at my clinic (God bless her) suggested that I try low dose aspirin for my next cycle. I took Cartia low dose (because it has the days written on the package ) $10ish for 3 months supply. I started on the first day of my AF and took 1 a day until I was about 33 weeks pregnant, then I took 1 every 2 days for a few weeks.

9mths after Declan was born we decided to have our remaining 2 embryos transferred. I took aspirin again and I took aspirin everyday until about 30ish weeks, then cut back again to 1 every 2 days for a few weeks.

Both my boys were born via CS (Declan because of a 38cm head Isaac because of Placenta previa) no abnormal blood loss ...

I just thank God that somebody thought to suggest the humble aspirin to me - it didn't work on the first attempt, that was a stimulated cycle - both my boys were FET's that came from that Stimulated cycle though.

I was 39 when Declan was born and 41 by the time Isaac arrived.

Hope my story will help someone Good luck all!