ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 25 of 64 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Lilly - sorry to hear your news, it is a complete downer when that happens. Hopefully you can get the ball rolling again soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lilly - So sorry to hear that news. It's always a bummer when things don't go to plan. Glad things aren't slowed down for your next cycle though. Look after yourself this weekend. And eat lots of chocolate.

I've update you on the roll call. Hope I got it right and it's next month. Let me know if it's not.

Anxious - I realised I forgot you in my last personals. So sorry. It's just so busy here.
    It's so worrying whenever you get bleeding in pregnancy. So glad it's stopped again. I too prefer the pessaries as suppositories. As foul as it seems, it was actually so much cleaner and you don't need to lie down for as long. I've also heard the membrane there is thinner, so they absorb better.

And please put your lappy on a table! I get a bit freaked by that too. I have to tell you, my daughter-in-law lives in China and for the first three months of her pregnancy she wore a radiation suit to limit the baby's exposure from the telly or computer! Yep, really! I think that was a bit overboard (but given she was carrying my grandson, I didn't mind her being overly cautious). Apparently, it's common practice in China. I think it's because mostly, they only get one go at pregnancy, they go overboard with precautions. Interesting though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lilly - Sorry mate, total bummer, my heart just sunk when I read your post. Try and have a relaxing weekend, and to heck with it, lash out on the chocolate!

Penny - Not too long before you board that big bird, how totally exciting. I agree, pessaries up the bum is best (Kismet, pessaries will be the only thing that will ever pass my clenched cheeks, lol).

Oh, my laptop has been band from the lap, and now on my island bench.

Take care my lovely ladies...I am just about to enjoy a large slice of chocolate brownie that my mother baked me for Easter, hummo!
    Last edited by Anxious; 03-04-2010 at 16:24. Reason: forgot a line

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    hi everyone
    Ive had a very busy few days with nipping up to sydney and back and busy at work....

Pisces...good to hear that the 2ww is going reasonably quickly with you with lots of work to keep your mind distacted...

Lilly ..so sorry to hear your little embie did not survive...sigh...Sounds like you will be cycling in the next month so I hope with all my heart that you get a new basket of embies...
    I hope that you enjoy easter with lots of chocolate and wine...which I happen to think go very well together.
    Big HUGS....xxxxx

Kismet....oh how wonderful to feel the baby kicking...we all so want to be you....xxxx

Kittym,Solcose,pippy... hope your stims are going well, keep us updated on your follie results.

Penny...a downer about DHs sperm but and upper that you insisted on the test and have some answers. PICSI..sounds amazing, I will have to google it. Not long until you fly to SA..I hope you can keep us update while you are over there... sounds like everything is coming together for your super pregnancy....xxxx

PS my EPU is confirmed april 7th.

Anxious....I hope you can start to enjoy your pregnancy soon....that second scan is getting closer...remember you can always go and get an USS referral from your GP if you are worried about everything.

Minibar....such a yummy mummy...when is your next scan???

if I have missed anyone I apologise

AFM
    so a busy busy day drove back from sydney -5hrs, went shopping
    .... dildo cam went well ....the RE could count 16 follies and no cysts!!!(right 11 left 5) around 12-16mm...and my layer around 14-15mm trilaminar. my blood test was great and my LH has risen to 2.5...YAY YAY..(no luveris !!! which just saved me $1000) yay and oestrogen 8500...YAY ....soooooooo that means that I will trigger monday for egg pick up on weds 7th april.....wooohooo. You know I always thought it would be the 7th even before I started stimming...I hope my feeling of a BFP comes true..!!! certainly this cycle has been pretty perfect with virtually no side effects, reasonable energy and good follie growth on time. !!!!.I wonder if the royal jelly has anything to do with it...???
    The only worry was a bit of very very scanty fresh blood tonight but my brain is telling me its probably a result of the USS and the fact I am on aspirin which will make the cervix very friable and bleed when bumped...as my LH is low and oestrogen good as well as lining showing no breakdown I am pretty sure that is the cause. So I am sure it will settle overnight.Nothing I can do about it anyway.

Fingers crossed...xxx for a good ER with quality eggs...Just have to choose my toyboy in the next few days....

Ive got to work tomorrow...sigh.. ...My RE just laughs at me...(in a nice way) so I am hoping it will be ok and I get some breaks as my mother will be home amusing herself...yep shes still alive I havent killed her yet and we are getting on ok.
    Back to sydney monday... and back to ikea to get some furniture...lol.....lol..

Great update penny keep it up.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend and eating far tooo much chocolate...Im glad I love marshmellow easter eggs which only have a little chocolate (and only a little caffeine).
    Last edited by micca; 03-04-2010 at 20:24.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello from a nervous newby

Hope I'm doing this right, but was just sitting here with laptop in bed after having a good ol cry. It's our first IVF Antagonist cycle after 3 IUIs and after having 15 eggs collected yesterday, we were informed this afternoon that only one had fertilised.

Maybe it's all of the drugs, but I am feeling so emotional about it as I am 41 this year and was hoping to get at least a few frozen before I'm too old to make anymore. I feel a little selfish coming on here and pouring out, but as we have kept the whole IVF thing very private, it is nice to have somewhere to go to let a little bit of emotion go.

Not sure whether we should go through with the transfer tomorrow or wait for another IVF cycle in the hope we have greater success and more embies to freeze, or just go ahead and not stress about it.

Are there any of you that have been in a similar situation or that have had success with IVF at 42/43?

Feel a little bit better already just having typed that out.

Happy Easter and any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy Easter Sunday everyone

Hi Sooz07, I am so sorry for you going through all of this. I can totally relate to the age thing, I stress about it everyday of my life. I never have any to freeze so with me I just go for it, only ever getting 1 to 3 eggs at pick up. I don't know what to advise you to do, it can be so hard to know what to do. Please don't feel like you are being selfish you have come to the best place for support

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry have to run, was just about to do personals and realised what time it is, we have a long drive today to see family for a picnic. Will have much more time when I get back home after Easter.

Will catch up then have a great Easter Sunday everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wecome Sooz

You have come to the best place to vent, get support and read others experiences.

I decided to do IVF after 2 failed IUI attempts. All 3 IVF cycles I only had 1 or 2 eggs fertilised (no frosties) and not the best quality (until this little lucky one).

But, remember it only takes one health embryo to settle in.

My 2nd IVF attempt I only had 1 embryo and I was lucky it took, but unlucky it was EP. My 3rd attempt I had 2 embryos put back, and this little lucky one took.

I would recommend you go for the transfer, also the FS learn more about our bodies during each attempt, that is why, I think, it may take more then one attempt for some ladies to be successful...hopefully your little emby is the lucky one!

PS I would also recommend you ask for a three day transfer not a two day, that is your right!

Thanks
    Reviews
    SoClose, Anxious, thanks so much for your replies.

Not long back from having our first and only emby transferred. It was really encouraging reading your posts and it made me realise that I should just be greatful to have had one good emby to transfer.

FS said it was very unusual that out of 15 eggs only one fertilzed as they usually get 1 out of every 2-3. For some reason hubby's sperm did not bond (stick) to my eggs despite my eggs and his sperm looking good. Would be so cool to be have been a fly on the wall so to speak and find out what on earth happened - did my eggs decide to play hard to get , or did hubby's sperm play it too cool.. or perhaps turned up unshaven and unkempt after a big night out.

FS said they will further investigate why, but it's definately ICSI next time round. I so wish they had just done ICSI in the first place, but always easy to say after the fact.

Let's hope this one sticks, but if not, I'm very encouraged by you Soclose, Anxious and all others in this thread to just keep soldiering on. Now for some more chocolate.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sooz07,

Sorry you have had such a hard first cycle. Let me start by saying I hope no further testing is required and this is the only cycle you will need. One healthy embryo is all you need to fall pregnant and I hope this is the one for you.

If it's not, I hope your FS has lots of testing to offer you. Perhaps a couple of things to ask about are: A sperm analysis (I would hope they've already done this one though as it's the easiest and cheapest). Next, a SCSA (Sperm Chromatin Structure Assay) test which tests for DNA Fragmentation and high DNA stainability. On top of that I recommend a Sperm Chromosomal Study (or FISH test) to test for the aneuploidy (abnormal) rate of chromosomes. Both of these test cost around $250 and can be of great benefit to finding out issues.

For you, if you want to put your mind at rest about your fertility at your age you can have your FSH tested on day 3 and an AMH (Anti-mullerian hormone) test done to give an indication of ovarian reserve.

One thing I would recommend is to learn all you can about fertility treatments available and relate this to your and DH's experiences. FS's are often loathe to do tests and seem to have trouble getting past what seems to them to be obvious problems (ie. our age). There can be other things at play.

Further to that, there are also immune issues that can either be tested for (or just treated as if they are there to save having the tests - as the treatments don't hurt implantation).

Many 'older gals' take DHEA to improve egg quality and there are other treatments as well if you think that could be a problem. Just ask here if you are interested and I'm sure there'll be ladies who will point you to the right questions to ask your FS.

There are many examples (especially on this thread) of 'lucky' women who fall pregnant in their forties either naturally or on their first IVF cycle. Others of us aren't quite as lucky, but as our poster girls Kismet, Anxious, Mini and others can attest to, as long as you don't give up, you can still achieve your dream.

Still others look to donor eggs (as I am) or donor sperm (as we may have to as well), but there WILL be a path for you to be able to experience motherhood. Don't lose hope yet.

We are happy to support you no matter what road your IVF journey takes you down. We will all be joining the 'lucky' ones eventually. And it doesn't matter how you get there. It far too early days for you to give up hope.

Congratulations on being what we call PUPO. That stands for Pregnant Until Proven Otherwise. You have a little embryo inside you and we will all join you in hoping and praying it's your sticky one.

And I'm sorry I wasn't able to be online last night when you were so upset. It sounds like you needed a good chat about things.

love and hope
    Penny