ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 18 of 64 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Firstly happy birthday to all the ladies who had and are having birthdays this month

Well I have been preoccupied for the past couple of weeks with overseas visitors to keep me entertained and my mind completely off IVF which has acutally been a nice break to feel normal again.

How great it is though to come back and read the threads and of another BFP and how great the hormone rates are rising its fantastic.

My journey starts again this Saturday with a BT to start looking for ovulation to do a FET. Hopes are not too high as its a grade C day 5 embryo which my Dr said success rate is very low. But DH and I decided to go ahead as you never know. Hopefully it survies the big defrost!

Has anyone else had success or know of anyone who has had success and went onto to a viable healthy pregrancy with low grade embryo?

I have also been prescribed progesterone support tablets and advised to start taking these two days before the transfer due to early bleeding on previous cycles. I think I have to insert these into the vagina not sure bit confused so will ask the nurse this one as havent got the perscription filled yet. Has anyone else used these before as support for either a full cycle or FET? If we are not successful with the FET we start the long regulated cycle again paper work already done to ensure no delays. We are also waiting on some genetic tests the Dr ordered 3.5weeks ago which are still not back yet due to a back log and apparently these can take 4 to 6 weeks

LuckyPA congrats on the 25 week mark you give me hope

Kimset sounds like you are breezing through your milestones congrats to you also on the 20 week mark

Minibar things are also looking good for you fantastic good luck with your scan next week

Micca how are you going with the injections I hope you are coping ok and you get lots of healthy eggs and you get some get support this time around. fingers crossed for you

Pisces11 good luck with the FET and the two week wait. Are you having a 3 day or blast transferred?

Sounds like everyone is in a pretty positive place at the moment which is great to read. I look forward to hearing everyones updates bye for now

Thanks
    Reviews

Default pessaries

Hi Lilly

I commenced combined pessaries est/progesterone the day after egg collection. I insert three a day rectally until 13 weeks. It costs me $175 per week which I can't claim.

I guess they are working.

Good luck with your FET

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Kismet woohoo on getting ahlf way, hopefully all plain sailing from here on in.

Lily I started pessaries 4 days before transfer and am still on them 2 in the morning and 2 at night. I have also had issues with progesterone before but this time it seems to be working and my prog levels have been quite high. Have to stay on them until 12 weeks when the placenta takes over.

Anxious, pleased tyo see you are still doing so well.

To all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lilly40 View Post
    Pisces11 good luck with the FET and the two week wait. Are you having a 3 day or blast transferred?
    Lilly - I'll be having 2 blasts transferred. I only have blasts, my FC doesn't usually do anything less unless there is good reason to.

Good luck with your BT on Sat. I've got to go for another one too, I'll be CD18 so hopefully I'll have finally ovulated. I usually do on CD15 but this one is a little slow this time, don't know if it has anything to do with having had a D&C to clear a stubborn chem preg or not.

I hope everyone is doing well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lily and Pisces good luck for your BT's tomorrow hope it shows ovulation and you can both have your transfers real soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,
    Wow, I'm just so happy for all you preggy ladies what a long long road it has been for you all, and to those that are still waiting its just around the corner.
    I think when the bubs start arriving the name of this thread ought to be IVF mums 40 and over, what do you think?
    Anxious, thank you for explaining about your spotting, I had exactly the same thing happen on a few occasions up to sixteen weeks, and boy its the scariest thing!!! now I know what was happening. I also was on progesterone pessaries due to lowish levels right up to 12 weeks.
    Well, ds is now 8 months old and our thoughts are turning yet again to shall we use our last frostie?? hence Im starting to read through ivf threads again. Will keep you all posted.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

Pisces11 good luck with the blast transfer my fingers crossed for you and bring on ovulation!

Minibar and Anxious thanks for the explation on the pessaries my nurse has called this morning and advised that I will need to start two days before transfer if my little blast survies the big defrost and will be inserting two per day one in the morning and one at night. It seems to have worked for you both so hopefully for me to.

To all the ladies on this thread have a great weekend and speak soon X

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi everyone
    well had my down reg uss and blood test at day 7 of lucrin. All good to go. Had 12 easily seen antral follicles on a quick uss so thats great.and no sign of any cysts. AF finally arrived too.
    So Im set to start gonalF weds 25th march and if all goes well egg pickup april 7-9 where Ill do a 3 day transfer. xxx

lily40..good luck with the pessaries, glad Im using pregnyl post ET instead of those messy pessaries.

jo101...good to hear from you, look forward to you doing FET...xx

picses.. good luck with the blood test I so understand the frustration of delayed ovulation...I did not ovulate this cycle until CD 21..and its usually CD13 for me....grrr but when I did it was perfect on the hormone levels.
    Fingers crossed for your FET.

Minibar/anxious
    ...how are the preggy ladies??? morning sickness yet??? you give us all such hope

its good to chat with you all

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hi

Hi Ladies

Jo101 – Welcome back Jo, it is also great to hear another person that had trouble with spotting and end up with a beautiful bub. When did you feel it was okay to exercise with your pregnancy? Good luck with frostie

Micca – how exciting, 12 follicles is fantastic! In addition to the pessaries after egg transfer I did have pregnyl injections, cardiprin (up to 36 weeks, prednisolone (starting to reduce does). I am so over popping pills! But worth it all the same.

Pisces/Lilly – good luck with your little lucky frostie!

Minibar –

I had my BT yesterday my HCG is 71,600. I have another ultrasound on Tuesday to see if the empty sack is reducing and my little bleed is healing…Then I may be tempted to let my family know that I am pregnant…DH wants me to wait till 12 weeks. Oh, my (.)(.) exploded over the past couple of days, my only prego symptoms at this stage, tee hee.

Take care all

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi everyone
    A busy day for me trying to get all the heavy physical labour jobs done before I start stimming. Im exhausted , me and the couch are having a lovely bonding session at the moment.

Anxious... great beta, cant wait to hear the results of your next uss.
    Ive started DHEA.. more on my own, what was the dose that you took?? and when did you stop it ?? some say ER.. I would be interested to know.
    You will be so happy to finally stop all the extra pills...lol..lol

Pisces
    ... hope ovulation is really close...its so frustrating waiting for something so you can begin....Let us know how your popsicles defrosted.

Lilly.. good luck with your FET, I hope that embie behaves itself after the defrost.... fingers crossed........remember some little embies thrive in the uterus better than a petri dish....lets hope your little cherub is one of them...xxxx

Jo101 hope your FET is good as wellxxx

AFM... well everyone seems to be doing FET this cycle. So I guess its up to me to get a BFP for team IVF...lol..lol...Im trying my hardest really .....lol..lol..
    AF still very light, tomorrow I tell myself...Im happy that it is taking its own time as I am sure it will be better for the cycle the closer it is to stims. 5 days and counting.....!!. the lurpon is behaving itself and my headaches are very mild, with just a bit of the bloat...this cycle is certainly a lot easier already compared to the last....fingers crossed it works !!!!

I also talked to the doctor about my embies on the last cycle and they were all fantastic....5 embies grade A no fragmentation, 3 embies only minor fragmentation........... pity I lost 6 to get 2 blasts...... Next time its day 3 all the way. I was talking to her about blasts and she said they are turning out to not be as fantastic as everyone thought, especially considering the chromosome abnormalities are the same rate in blasts as day 3s and it does not reflect the quality of the blast at all ........Ive read a few journal articles that said this as well. So Im now a day 3 embie convert all the way.!!!!
    Last edited by micca; 20-03-2010 at 18:40.