Closed Thread
Page 14 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Et

Minibar - thanks.

I am sitting at home laptop on knee, mobile in reaching distance wondering if the clinic will ring. My ET is at 1.15pm today (Perth). Yesterday the nurse said that the embryologist would call this morning to let me know if my 2 x day 3 embryo's are still good to go.

One of many waiting games we ladies play (Oh and DH).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Micca - welcome aboard. I am also single going it alone with donor sperm. It's been along road for me, hope its a short journey for you. Support is definately needed, that's what we are all here for. Good Luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    hi ladies
    well we have had a fabulous rainy 2 days which is fantastic when you live in drought stricken rural NSW.

anxious-- I hope your embies are beautiful robust 8 cell gorgeous creatures...at least your clinic rings....I did not know if any made it to blasts until I got to ET...and that was after a long drive and plane flight...lol
    good luck I hope it goes well

Lilli40--- Reading your story about low betas...how frustrating I hope it is a lovely healthy little embryo that just took its time implanting....fingers crossed for an increase in the beta at next test.....

Minibar -Kismet thanks for the welcome.... its lovely to meet such a great group.

AFM- well Im 11dp5dt...and still hanging on...!!! the straight jacket is sitting in the corner looking at me...hehehehahaha....
    AF still not in sight.....hope it stays away..!!!!
    Holding off another 48hr to POAS..hope I make it....I only have one HPT....and of course beta monday.

to everyone hope your day goes well without heartache and tears....
    Micca xxx
    Last edited by micca; 12-02-2010 at 13:46.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good morning ladies

Well I had my third blood test yesterday after having a low HCG level and told probably etopic. Nurse called me late yesterday with a BFN now advising me that something must of started to happen and not continued. Its a strange feeling Im angry that something started and relieved that its not etopic. Well ladies I guess its back to the drawing board for me. Cycle #4 here I come I still have a 5 day blast on ice away but will wait to see what the dr says about another stimulated cycle. Thanks to everyone for their advice I now have some great questions to ask when I see my dr on 22 Feb.

Mica I hope that the evil period stays away and you sail through the next 48hrs and next time I read this thread its a BFP for you Good Luck.

Anxious for you that you two embies make it and are strong and healthy for transfer.

Kimset and Minibar thatks for all the great advice its totaly appreciated I have learnt so much in my short time on this thread.

Good luck ladies and fingers crossed for us all in 2010 that well all achieve and healthy deliveries

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lili40--- sorry to hear that it did not work out and it was just a sneaky naughty little embryo.....fingers crossed that it all sorts itself out without any medical intervention......
    I hope you have good luck next time....

Anxious - still praying for your precious embies.....big hug

AFM-- feeling very tearful and miserable today....had AF like cramps all day with a bit of very scanty fresh bleeding......very sorry for myself...spent the afternoon curled up in bed watching DVDs and crying....I know the fat lady has not sung her last song but my hope meter has reached 0......
    It will be a miracle if its BFP tomorrow.... will do HPT as soon as pee is concentrated enough..prob during night...and at least I will have closure and can move onto the next stimulated cycle.....
    Jealous of all you lucky people out there with DHs..... I would really love a nice cuddle and skin contact now....blankie just isn't the same
    Micca xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    well results in
    the fat lady has sung......a big negative on the preg test ....and then to add insult to injury my period has arrived as well.......
    sitting here a bit of a tearful snotty mess....wish I had a cuddle from a partner.....but thats not to be....

Did most of my grieving yesterday so Ill just keep busy..be a workaholic for the next few weeks and focus on IVF #2....
    hopefully april......

Thanks ladies
    WIsh all on the 2ww lots of vibes
    Ill chat in a few days...
    Micca xxxx
    Last edited by micca; 14-02-2010 at 08:49.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dear Micca

I sending you a big my last period I stayed in bed all day and cried too I think its good to let it all out as you have to grieve to enable you to regroup and get your strength back mentally for you next cycle.

Dont be too jeleous of us with DH mine although he is fantastic when it comes to IVF and has no clue what to do with me when things dont work out and Im a mess and I feel like such a failure he tends to leave me alone to go through the grieving process as he dosent know what to do with me. So even though I have one it can also be very lonely.

You are a brave lady and sounds like you are strong lady to be taking this journey alone. We have this forum to support us and offer us guideance.

I admire each of you ladies on this emotional roller coaster.

My thoughts are with you and take your time to grieve get it out of your system its important to do that.

Dont give up hope thats the one thing I learnt form reading these forums. Rest up and hopefuly march and april will be our turn lots of for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Micca - we know how you feel...totally sucks! It's good to know you will give it another go, it takes a while to get all the pieces of the puzzel to fit. I am hoping this time I have all the pieces.

For me, I am just waiting waiting...and it's only day 5 (hopefully I have 2 little blasto's thinking about hatching today, tee hee) I did get the 2xDay 3 ET Friday, one was graded 3, 8 cell (fantastic, I think the DHEA has finally kicked in) and a grade 2.5, 6 cell.

Now it starts....I am totally constipated, but I think it is because I am on 3 pessaries a day...BTW I am a very healthy eater, so fibre isn't the problem, I drink heaps of water. I do want to start up walking until Wednesday (I miss running and swimming, and it's only been 2 days, doh).

Last night I had a **** night sleep, ended up with a horrendous thigh cramp...anyway, bla bla...Boredom has set in.

Ok girls, must run DH has just risen...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all the hugs and help ladies...
    It has been hard going through this alone...my family all live in NZ, and my BFF has been a little obnoxious....so staying away from her......
    I have spent the day cleaning....and feel much better for it.....Im treating myself to take out tomorrow and something yummy...
    AF has arrived and is in a vicous b*tchy mood with great cramps..grrrrrrrrrr....

Bush walking can start again in full power capacity...I miss it a lot....time to loose the weight I put on from the stim cycle....
    Back to foul tasting chinese fertility herbs as well.....yuk...but I think they work.....
    And Im going to work some extra days the next few weeks to get my $$up for the next round.

I looked at dates and figure that it will be around april/beginning may for next round....So fingers crossed...I hope all my fellow BFNers will be cycling together again....

Anxious-- 2ww blues...keep those little darlings growing.....babydust and fairyglitter all over them for you.....

Lilli40-- fingers crossed we end up cycling at the same time...xxx
    Stay well and happy...poor DH he must terrified every time a cycle fails..xxx

cheers everyone...thanks for the support us poor lonely souls need groups like this to stay sane.....
    Micca xxxxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Micca - so sorry it wasn't to be this time. I know fully well what it's like to go thru this alone, did 2 1/2 long years of it & it is rough (don't let how long it took me scare you, I had quite a few challenges), but I told myself everytime that I manage everything else on my own so I can do this too. The 1st attempt is difficult to know how you are going to be affected, I knew it would be a slim but possible chance to get it right on the first go, but it still rocked me when it didn't. Keep in mind that it only sometimes works 1st go, b/c in general it can take a little while to get, as said earlier, the pieces of the puzzle to fit. It's important to allow yourself to grieve when you have a failed cycle, a loss is a loss, & us IVFers form attachments to our embies very early so it is a difficult time to put ourselves through. I can only suggest to keep your eye on the prize. When you get your head in the right space again you will be ready to move on and try again.
    I believe its only a matter of time & persistance for all of us to be blessed with success.
    I've done this on my own but I have been lucky enough to have the support of my family & friends. I made it a purpose to tell people what I was going through to build support for myself. I've had a couple of negative reactions from people I least expected it from but was quite surprised by the support I got from others. You don't need negative people around you, and if people are obnoxious like your friend, it is best to stay away from them, they will come around to it if they want to. I also attend a single womens support group run by my IVF clinic which has been tremendous. There were some depressing times hearing other peoples struggles particularly when I was going through a rough time too but it was an insight into what the IVF world is all about and I have learnt a lot. Maybe you could look into whether your clinic has a support group for single women and if not maybe get one started, my group was started by one of the ladies that was their 1st single mum and its co-ordinated by the clinic's councellor.
    You will also learn alot from this forum, if I hadn't joined it I wouldn't have known so much and would probably have given up a while ago. Thanks to this site, I became proactive in being more tuned into my cycles, I asked my Dr questions and even suggested alot of different things that I had read about, sometimes Dr didn't agree but I was insistant & it's for this reason that I believe is why I got eventually got lucky. It's easier to talk to people that are going through the same thing as they can relate, that's why this forum is so good.
    If you ever need a chat or have any concerns feel free to PM if you like.