Closed Thread
Page 13 of 64 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Thank you Kimset and Congratulations

Thank you Kimset for your reply and congratulations thats some good information you have provided me and your story has inspired me to keep trying until there are no other options to try.

I have my FS appointment on 22 Feb so I will raise the asprin question with him.

I was uncertain how many times a female can do the simulated cycle dose anyone know. When I read other peoples experiences I realise that we have only tried 3 times and it may take alot more than that yet. I had three days of bleeding after my last egg collection dose anyone know if that would of affected the quality of lining for a day 5 transfer?

Good luck to all the ladies out there trying to conceive I wish everyone luck and hopefully we can produce a massive baby boom for all of us 40 and over in 2010!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi lilli and welcome to the thread, the ladies on here are wonderful and offer lots of helpful advise.

Drbeee I am so sorry that this cycle didn't work for you. I would also ask your dr about the growth hormone saizen, my last cycle was the best I have had in a long time I got 15 eggs and 11 fertilised and 3 made it to day 5, unfortunately we transferred 2 and had a chem pregnancy but am about to do FET and hopefully that will work. I am also on DHEA and had pregnyl shots during that cycle as well. I hope all this makes sense let me know if you need more info.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Acupuncture post 3 day transfer

Hi ladies and gent.

Just a quicky,

KISMET - I was just wondering if you did acupuncture post ET, and time frames etc.

My ER was yesterday, outcome only two viable, 2xET Friday (day 3). I did acupuncture today (with electrodes). I haven't done acupuncture after ET in my previous cycles.

ALL, I am always reading comments, but it is about now (TWW from Friday) I turn anxious (my name).

My best vibes and wishes with all of you.:skywriter:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Anxious - yes I did acu before & after ET and continued on a weekly basis until my blood test. I also used a heat pack on my belly and lower back prior to ET to help blood flow but not afterwards and then decided to keep going to acu to help support the pregnancy and now I only go monthly just for a 'tune' up to keep my body relaxed particularly if I've got anything else going on like digestive probs (which I have alot of). If the body is under any sort of strain i.e. aches & pains its a good idea to have it dealt with as well.

Lilly - I also had low pregnyl injections (as Minibar did) during my stimming phase with fsh to help boost my follicles & eggs, it also kept my progesterone levels where they should be.

Drbee - sorry to hear it didn't go so well. It's hard to know what to do when a cycle fails, you need to give yourself some time to grieve it & get your head in the right space before deciding where to go from here. When you see your FS ask what can be done to help improve your cycle - could mean a change in protocol? I initially had good cycles but then they turned to crap all of a sudden, so I tried a bunch of different things. I'm not sure what type of cycle you've done but some ladies have success with antagonist cycles, there's also boost or flare cycles and the colarado method. Some of these involve more drugs and can be expensive though, but it depends what you're willing to try. My last cycle was a mix of everything, I will be happy to PM you what I did if you want.

I'm happy to share my tips etc with all of you

Thanks
    Reviews

Default acupuncture post 3 day transfer

KISMET So how many days after ET did you do your first acupuncture?

BTW...good job on BFP, I agree persistence is the key, and my goodness you persisted! lucky duck!

Thanks again for taking the time to answer my ?'s

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Etopic Pregnancy

good morning ladies I hope everyone is coping ok and keeping spirits up.

I was wondering if anyone out there has any advice for me. I had my blood test after a 5day transfer and I got a BFN, I was having pains and called the nurse and went back in for another blood test on Monday this week she called to say there is very low pregnancy hormone in my blood but it would more likely be etopic pregnancy and not a viable one. Im scheduled to have another blood test tomorrow to check my levels. Has anyone else been through this as I was told my tubes are completly blocked so how could I have an etopic pregnancy? And if it is what dose this mean. Its an emotional roller coaster to be told BFN to possible but if it is that it would not be viable. How do they treat this? My drs appointment is not until the 22 Feb.

Hi Minibar sorry to sound uniformed but what is DHEA and pregyl? Sorry Im not used to the terms and what it all means even though this was our third cycle Im still learning what to ask and what it means.

If anyone has any advice I would be so greatful as I dont know what it all means.

I hope everyone is well all those who are pregnate, those who are in the middle of cycles an those about to embark on a cycle good luck and best wishes ladies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Anxious - my acu treated me same day at ET.

Lilly - sorry to hear that. It is possible, I've read it happening to quite a few ladies on this site. The embryo is transferred but until it's ready to implant it can swim around a bit and sometimes heads back up the fallopian tube (this is my understanding from what I've read about it anyway), so if your tube isn't blocked at the end of it, it could go back up and implant itself there. I would have thought a BT after only 5 days would be way to early to show anything. When was your next one? I had my BT 15 dpo and it was really low so if I'd had BT before that it would hardly show up. Hopefully it's a late implanter and they are just guessing its ectopic if you are getting pain.

DHEA is a natural steroid we produce in our bodies until we get older, it declines with age. It compounds our hormones to do what they are suppose to do. It's usually given to older woman with poor ovarian reserve or egg quality. Recent research & stats show evidence that it is helping to improve egg quality and cycles for older women. Take a look at the poor responders using DHEA thread, alot of woman on there have had success using it.
    Pregnyl is the trigger shot you have when your follicles are ready to ovulate for egg p/up. In some cases very low doses of it is used to help boost the follicles along if they are slow growers, and is said to help improve quality of eggs. I believe the quality of our eggs can be compromised sometimes if for instance they don't mature quick enough or are 'over cooked', ie, sometimes slow growing cycles does this to them.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Ep

KISMET, thanks again. I have booked myself in for next Wednesday.

Lilly40 EP is such a trying time. I had an EP last cycle. It was a nightmare! I went in expecting my tube to be taken out, but they couldn't find the little sack (at that stage my HCG was increase slightly). Since they couldn't find it they injected me with Methotrexate while in op (was not happy when told. I am still dealing with hair loss because I wasn't told to keep out of the sun, or I can't remember being told, grrr).
    Look-up my threads under Anxious, you can read my journey if you like, it started with HCG being very low.

Good luck, my thoughts are with you

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi ladies
    Sorry to barge into such a great thread but Ive been looking for something like this for ages and its just fantastic to find like minded women with all those reproductive geriatic problems....

Im 41yrs and single, I got sick of waiting for Mr right at the cost of my fertillity and decided to grab the bull by the horns and just go for it.....I live rurally so everything is a drive or a flight and a long difficult road....
    SO I visited the fertility Dr in sydney and started the IVF road in december...
    I have done accupunture for the last 3 months every week... and before/after ET. I also used fertility herbs for 3 months prior to starting IVF... and of course the multitude of vitamins.....lol...

Ive had a very long down reg cycle....started dec 31 with EPU jan 27 and ET feb 1. it was my werewolf cycle--full moon to full moon..lol.
    I was lucky enough to respond very well and produce 14 beautiful follies, 10 were mature and 8 fertilised.....it was a big party in the petri dish ---my slutty eggs with 25yr old toy boy donor sperm.....LOL. I was able to grow 2 to 5 day blasts unfortunately the rest were genetic duds and stopped growing.. so feb 1st I had 2 blasts transferred and are now at the end of the 2ww (10dp5dt) ...I was supposed to get my beta friday but its a very long drive to do the blood test so I will do a HPT sunday and blood test monday when I return to work...
    Im just at the paranoid schizophrenic stage.... Ive had lots of tummy pains and cramps through the 2ww-curtesy of pregnyl luteal support... and as it gets closer to the witchy day (clinic say friday) my mind just goes into complete paranoia.....will it work...yes it will..no it wont...ooo is that period pain.....remember your old....and the litany in my head just goes on and on.

My support network is very small....my family live overseas and I have one girlfriend nearby and a friend in sydney......so its a hard and lonely road.....IVF is really where the need for cuddles and skin contact is so important.......one day it will be my turn....

anyway its fantastic to find such a like minded group
    Micca...
    Last edited by micca; 11-02-2010 at 17:11.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Micca, I hope your journey here is very short and you get your positive result on Monday.

Lilly I hope the blood result gives you a definite answer either way the waiting is such a stressful time.

Anxious I hope the 2ww treats you well and you get the very best news at the end of it.