+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default How early is too early to test???

Hi, DF and I DTD on ovulation and a day either side as well as 4 days before. What are my chances of being pg and how early can I test? ovulation was thurs (it is now Mon night). I am pretty sure that i am pg, mood swings already (teary then fine, then cranky and tired), slight cramping in abdomen and going to the toilet more often, slightly tender breasts. I dunno if it is just hope or if i am preg and i am a very impatient person... lol what is the earliest anyone has tested and got an accurate result and what brands are best. i really don't want to wait another week and a half if i don't have to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It usually implants around 8 to 12 DPO. I tested on 9DPO with a First Response and got a VERY feint line. 10DPO it was clearer and I was certain it was positive. I did another test 14DPO and was a definite dark line.

Start testing at 8DPO if you are really eager. I also felt symtoms really early and DF thought I was nuts as it was too early. But dont be disappointed if its negative because it takes 8 to 12 days approx to implant and start producing hcg.

Also, I wish I hadnt tested so early because testing early can give a BFP from a chemical pregnancy, then turn into a BFN later and AF arrives. I read about this and was worried but it hasnt happened so far.

Good luck with testing!

Im the most impatient person and went crazy until testing day. I just knew I was preg somehow! I hope you get your BFP!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks. I guess I'll have to wait, even if I did a HPT now and it was Neg i would just be waiting and waiting to try again so may as well save my money :P
    Good Luck with your pregnancy. Hope all goes well.