Closed Thread
Page 87 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3777858687
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Cat - I get that being a very private thing you would only want DH there with you. For us, my mum has been our number one supporter going through IVF, she knew right at the start nearly five years ago and has been our cheer squad the whole way through. When I told her we were pregnant she was at work and she burst into tears on the phone. This is a woman who rarely ever cries. So even though I know she might not be able to be there, if she can I'd be really happy to share this with her. In regards to looking forward to the ups and downs, I agree. I am looking forward to labour, I don't know why I guess it's because I feel like my body and mind have been through so much with IVF and TTC, that I really want to experience this stage as well and as much as I realise it'll probably be painful and exhausting I say bring it on.

Hopeful - sorry to hear your MIL is being a total cow about your pregnancy I think maybe once your baby arrives her attitude will change and she'll see that your baby is another one her grandchildren to love and spoil. There are not too many people in the world who don't light up when they see a new baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nikki- thanks. I know once baby is here she will melt but I wish for now she would keep her comments to herself and away from an emotional pregnant lady lol. Also- I soooo agree with you re the labour- I too am looking forward to it- scared and excited- but looking forward to it, so I say bring it on as well lol

cat- heartburn- yes yes YES. DH is making me satay chicken for dinner. I have heartburn tabs on standby

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG Hopeful that's awful re your MIL. That must make your heartburn even worse! Maybe she'll change when she sees the new bub - I've seen a few MILs to a complete 180 when the bub comes along. I hope this happens in your case - or at least she disappears into the background!

Family is interesting - my mum had me in her mid-40s so now, already, has 6 grandchildren who she adores so she's not smothering me. I'm sad that she's into her 80s now but I'm glad she's still around. I don't have a MIL anymore so I'm even more grateful mum's still here despite the odds!

Good luck, Hopeful...sending good vibes your way...and happy to hear you have such a good relationship with your mum. You too Nikki.

Oh - one more thing, should we put our state next to our names on the honour roll? I'm always interested where everyone is - and how many of us will be having our bubs at the start of a real winter!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cat21 - I'm happy to put my state, I'm in QLD (North QLD to be exact) so even though it will be winter it won't really be cold.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cat, great idea re. the role call. I'm due 6 May, one bub, gender surprise, NSW.

Thanks
    Reviews
    April-May-June 2010

Honour Roll!
    JetGirl 6 May, one bub, gender surprise, NSW
    Nikki08 11th May, one bub, gender surprise FNQLD
    Hopefulmama2b 23rd May- one bub, gender suprise
    Cat21 24th May, one bub, gender surprise VIC
    Last edited by Cat21; 16-01-2010 at 20:53.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cat please add me too, I'm due 18 June and gender is a surprise until 2 weeks time ! State is Tassie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=Cat21;4403433]
    April-May-June 2010

Honour Roll!
    JetGirl 6 May, one bub, gender surprise, NSW
    Nikki08 11th May, one bub, gender surprise FNQLD
    Hopefulmama2b 23rd May- one bub, gender suprise VIC

Cat21 24th May, one bub, gender surprise VIC
    Hey Cat where in Vic are ya? I'm Sth East Melbourne..

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    new thread here girls