Closed Thread
Page 81 of 87 FirstFirst ... 31717980818283 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Very very good list EarthAngel!!

can you tell me where do you get the Ante Natal Card you mentioned in the paperwork section...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    JetGirl - mmmm chocolate! I need to stop eating so much of the stuff, it's like I want chocolate on everything at the moment.

Earthangel - wow that's a comprehensive list! Luckily we live 20min from the hospital so if I need extra things I'll just ask DH to bring them on his next visit. Hopefully I won't be in there for a too long, as I'm not a huge fan of hospitals, they make me very edgy

I might add some wipes for me to the list because I can imagine toilet paper would be painful and a nighty or long t-shirt. My sister said sometimes the hospitals can be very cold because they have the aircon up on full.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sparkles I got my antenatal card at the 24 week OB visit...
    Nikki I too am not far from the hospital, which is handy. Can just imagine the chinese whispers when I try sending DH home for stuff though LOL

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not sure private patients get ante natal cards. I know that i dont have one this time (private ob) but i have yet to have anything to do with the hospital.

When i went public with dd i had an ante natal card thingy that was used for all my appointments etc and thats what you are supposed to bring with you i think!

Jetgirl: LOL@ feeling sick cause of too much chocky. Thats what happens to me when i actually eat the stuff as i dont often but when i get the craving i go overboard and then feel sooooo sick afterwards!!

I think bunny rugs are the fleece type wraps. Target should have them (or at least they used to) as we bought 2-4 of them when pg with dd.

Ive heard many many people say dont go overboard on wraps/bunny rugs etc as they are actually quite small and arent useful for wrapping baby for long (most start to use a normal flat sheet for that purpose) but it was never a prob for us as dd was soooo little (only 54cm at 6.5mths). I personally wont be wrapping at all this time - using grobags from the beginning. Dont want to have to go thru the nighmare week of them learning to sleep upwrapped once they start rolling/moving.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JetGirl View Post
    Sparkles I got my antenatal card at the 24 week OB visit...

Thanks Jet...BTW, one can never have too much Haighs, impossible!!!

Thanks Earth, I hit reply and you had replied re the card, thanks again.
    Last edited by sparklesare; 15-01-2010 at 14:10.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sparkles LOL
    EarthAngel, thanks for clarifying I got some muslin wraps and a cellular blanket and people have already given us other thicker cotton wraps so hopefully I am done for blankets Just have to find some of those nighties, they look handy...

Thanks
    Reviews
    JetGirl: if you're referring to the bonds nighties - ive heard people say DJs is a good place to find them and i always see them at big W down here.

and for those of you intending to wrap here's a website you should save to your favs as you might end up needing one of these (everyone everywhere is talking about them so had to do research a few months back as they didnt exist when i had dd!):

http://www.thewoombie.com.au/

These are supposed to keep your bub all cozy like a wrap and help them go to sleep etc if they're used to being wrapped but can get out of one (if you've got a strong bubba this can happen anytime after about 8 weeks)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks EarthAngel, I will try DJs, Target, Kmart etc when I get a chance
    I saw the Woombie and thought it looked awesome but figured I would wait & see what they say at the prenatal classes before splashing out... it does make a lot of sense though...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nikki ~ PMSL at the mattress between legs.. that is hilarious... however extremely believeable. I was thinking of grabbing some net pants from work ~ the type the old people wear, they are disposable, that way i can chuck them out.. they are darn ugly, they look like fishnet knickers, and we also have some think super absorbent incontence pads i might have to get my hands on!!

Earthie ~ Thank you so much for the low down on the gymbo stuff... I am going to sit down tonight and have a good look at their sites. I love Old Navy and Gap and on trips to the states have spent hours in their myself. If I see something on the net I like I usually email her and she heads off to buy it! I am expecting she will send a truck load of stuff out! However thought I might get her to get alot of stuff in sizes 1's and 2's

Hospital bags... Hmmmmm yeah I am not sure if i will take the three or two. I have a huge Rip Curl bag on wheels which I think I will pack all of babies and my stuff in and leave DH with some supervision to pack his own smaller bag.. However I will make sure he throws in some speedos or boardies for the water birth, as we are quiet keen on this if all goes in favour of natural birth and John Flynn Hospital is a huge advocate of it!

Sounds like everyone has done super well at the Target sale.. lots of bargains to be had!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jet Girl ~ Yeah I saw the Woombie thingy in a pregnancy mag and I am really tempted to purchase one.. maybe like you I should wait until the antenatal classes??? But they look brilliant, and we aren't putting little miss in a bassinette she is going straight into the cot, sot thought it might be easier and no fiddling to wrap her,just put her straight in her little suit. Also thought they would probably be a popular secondhand seller on ebay when you need to get rid of it or bebe outgrows it etc....