Closed Thread
Page 70 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    speaking from experience it is a real pain in the **** getting the baby in and out of the carseat no matter what kind of car seat you have its just not an easy job you just have to get practice lol its just like using the pram and everything else its all about practice

Thanks
    Reviews
    sparklesare i had to laugh at your baby bijorn buy. that is really cheap for them no wonder there were so many people wanting them atleast you got in early and got two. whohoo. You can hire the capsule from your local ambulance depo for around 60 for 6 months. I had one with dd but didn;t end up using it much the motion of her being lifted in and out seemed to wake her anyway. and i found it heavy to carry. but im a sooky la la. I have friends who swear by them and there babies seemed to stay asleep. i think they have a pretty good re sale value if you buy one new there are different styles out.

jet girl. i too am tired. for some reason i just cant sleep well i seem to have anxiety at night or something. i woke up at 6am and just couldnt go back to sleep argh. then at 7 i could feel bubby bouncing on my bladder so got up haha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by allyoop8 View Post
    speaking from experience it is a real pain in the **** getting the baby in and out of the carseat no matter what kind of car seat you have its just not an easy job you just have to get practice lol its just like using the pram and everything else its all about practice
    i agree. i love that dd can now get in and out her self and strap her self up. my back loves it too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    hopefulmama2b: LOL I hope you find something to amuse yourself with for the day at work hehe as its only 10am!

I'm with Jetgirl and mum2haylz on the no sleep front. I cant get to sleep at night at all - but by morning im in a nice sleep usually and dont want to have to get up!

I'm really hoping this heat wave is over with soon too - sick of the hot temps and the sweat and the sticky...

I also want it to be Thurs already so i an go to the Target baby sale and then want it to be friday as soon after so i can do my big Gymbo order! yet i feel no motivation to do anything else!

Thanks
    Reviews
    yup yup can't wait till tomorrow to go to the sale- have convinced my mumma to take me (i don't drive lol) to give DH a baby shopping break lol.

nah i am going to have to get motivated soon. I have been pushing aside all the s_hit jobs at work lately.. but i need to get them done if I am quiet...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Lily - you look amazing, you look like pregnancy is treating you well!

On the babyseat and capsule, we wouldn't have bought a capsule, too pricey for short use. However we are hiring from St John's $60 for 6months. I like the practicality of it, and for $60 it's not a huge spend. Plus they fit them for you to ensure they are safe.

Sparkles - great price on the baby bjorn, here they cost between $200 - $250 depending on where you buy them. That's why my MIL bought them from the UK, where it cost her about 50 pounds (around $100). Even with shipping it's lots cheaper over there.

hopeful - at first I only felt bub when I was lying down or had my feet elevated, but now I feel them all day at work. It's not hard enough to cause me pain but it just makes me smile while I work. You'll probably feel them while sitting in a week or two. I never get bored of it!

On the sleep front, everyone seems to be having trouble sleeping. I was in bed by 9:30pm and could not get comfortable. Lying on my back is still the most comfortable and my massage therapist said that some women actually lie on their back all the way through the pregnancy. When I lie on my side I find it hard to balance and my shoulders get cramps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i cant wait till tomorrows sale either. yay yay. so exciting. i want it to be now. then my scan is on friday. yay yay lol maybe this is why i cant sleep. although now i am so tired and could fall asleep. but i have to have my hospital booking in apointment too.

dd is watching cartoons. I want to shoot the tv. hormonal much???? if i have to see in the night gardern one my time im going to hang myself.. followed by yo gaba gaba. argh.

question:for those of you who are 20 weeks or more at around 20 weeks. i have noticed i am starting to get neasea again and hot flushes again. like at the start. is there some big hormonal change at this stage?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Nikki- While its soo awesome to feel the baby its another thing to stress about when u don't feel them hey? I know I from the past two days I got movement later on in the day, evening so am not worried. I had a few twinges yesterday at work but not many.
    I would love to be in bed by 9:30pm but i just don't think I could. DH and I have a bad habit of eating dinner late ish- like 7:30pm/8pm so I need time to digest lol. Then clean the kitchen, watch tv for a bit.. shower.. and bang its 11pm lol
    mum2haylz- yup, have been feeling sickly on and off for a few weeks now.. nothing serious, but just off colour, u know?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I thought the target sale started today so went this morning to get out of the heat, doh!!!! Some stuff was discounted so I did ok. No feeding pillows and dh thinks it's a marketing ploy so I should just use a normal pillow... Got some clothes and the head support thingy. Am suck of this heat!
    M2h I haven't the nausea but every now and then, TMI warning, I get a tiny bit of vomit in my throat for no reason????? Hot flushes yes but it's been so frickin hot I'm not surprised.

Thanks
    Reviews
    sparkles - If you are interested in hiring a capsule, there are quite a few places in Melbourne that do it. Just do a google for "baby capsule hire" and you will get heaps of hits. Maybe this way you could shop around for the best price.

We've purchased a safe n sound (I think the compaq deluxe but can't quite remember..... it's on lay-by). We got it on sale at baby bunting. Most baby shops have a fitting service too.... they will install it correctly for a small price. As novices to all things baby I think we'll take up this option.

Think I'll make the trip to target early tomorrow morning. There isn't a whole heap that I need, but I'd like some more sleepsuits, bottles and bibs. I'm just aiming to get there before crowds hit (don't like shopping in crowded places at the moment)

lily - your picture looked great. I don't think you look huge at all! I was talking to a lady at the shops the other day who was due two weeks after me and she was huge!!! Much, bigger than me (but then I'm carrying small) and much bigger than the belly shots I've seen here). We both laughed at how amazing it is that women so close in dates can carry so differently.

mum2haylz - Can't help you with the changes... but not long until the scan now!!! Woo hoo!! How exciting!!

sparkles - Great work on getting the baby bjorn buy!!! I love sales where the women get narky! I managed to nab myself a Christmas tree at the sales a couple of years ago in similar style. (Got the the shops 11:30 pm ready for the midnight opening...... ran through the store..... there was only one tree left which another woman was looking at and contemplating.... I just stole it...... she was shocked, poor DH was mortified..... but the tree was perfect!!). With twins I reckon the carrier will be really useful for you!! Great work!

I'm still doing okay on the sleep front with my 3 trusty pillows. I guess it helps that the cooler weather has hit here (for a while anyway). The hot weather did knock me around big time though.

Jetgirl - well done for calling in sick after not sleeping well. We all have to take care of ourselves a little more now.