Closed Thread
Page 61 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    7-11kg I'm not 100% sure what my pre-baby weight was. I'm eating ok, just need to exercise more. But it's so frickin hot all the time and I'm so tired!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    JetGirl - I think everyone is different in weight gains, my sister looked like she hardly gained anything but she gained 19kg by the end of her pregnancy 80% of which she lost within the first 8 weeks of being a mum. I find it hard to work out pre-baby weight because during an IVF stim cycle you tend to weigh more because of bloating anyway. I lost weight in my first trimester due to m/s so do you count your baby weight from your lowest weight in the first trimester or what you weighed before you were pregnant?? I lost 3kg due to m/s then I had to regain that first before I could put on more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Nikki I feel better hearing about your sis!! Also I agree with the ivf weight...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Jetgirl - That kind of weight gain doesn't sound too bad to me (I'm no expert lol). It is hard in the heat to stay active. In my opinion, I'd rather take it easy and not over-heat my body than go out and force myself in the heat. Baby's health is #1. Weight can come off later. Don't beat yourself up. You are doing a great job.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks angeleish, you girls are great!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just thought I'd add jetgirl... some obs worry more about weight than others. Some don't even weigh you these days. I think its more the "old fashioned" types (like mine) that still worry, some of the younger ones don't. Don't stress too much, as I said, you're doing a great job.

Thanks
    Reviews
    jetgirl i put on 20 kilos with dd and it comes off pretty fast with breast feeding ect. i always seem to hold alot of fluid so maybe your the same but i would be happy with still only 11 kilos.

Nikki i know what you mean the cheapest i have seen it for was 760 i still think thats alot so im still not sure. but now because i love that one i cant seem to like anything else. im not one for those weird ufo looking prams. haha.

angelish i dont have a tallboy yet either i just cleaned my draws out so i could move junk from the babies room to my draws haha. i will definatly come and let everyone know what the sex is. i am like surfergal and always wrong so it probably will be a boy now. i dont mind either way just want to go shopping. yay.

Im so excited target are having a sale i can get a bassinet and high chair whoo hooo no deposit is a little dangerous for me though lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    mum2haylz - best to go with what you are really happy with or you'll just end up not liking your pram and getting another one later which will be more expensive. If you have your heart set on it, then go for it. $760 isn't too bad, up here it's about $980 and online it's about $700 with $150 shipping

angeleish - I was weighed once by my midwife and the OB didn't even bother weighing me the other day. My GP doesn't weigh me either, I might ask to go in and ask them to weigh me just because, although like you said it seems some don't really bother unless they are checking for fluid retention etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    mum2haylz- I'm so confident that if I try to guess baby's gender I'll get it wrong!!! My thoughts on this baby's gender change regularly. Until a couple of days ago I thought girl. Now I'm thinking boy. I'm sure it will change back again!!

nikki - I don't mind getting weighed by my obs as my scales at home aren't very accurate. My obs is very proud of the accuracy of his scales - he reckons its accurate down to the last gram!! I find his pride in his scales quite amusing!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Okkkk im back

OOOOKKKKK ive been MIA for a lil while , i have found my sleeping patterns have changed again , im sleeping for 4 hours 3 to 4 times a day ,,, what the ??? its remarkable actually but any how , i have done some catch up reading on here so im sorry if i miss any ones personals but you bunch have been quite the chatter boxes lately lol

JETGIRL- Im a fellow ebayer and oh my god i think i send dp round the twist with it .... because of my industrial knowledge i havent really brought anything brand new yet s im a regulr handy woman so i by old and wrecked and transform to brand new pretty much keeping check every think i use is baby safe and in no way poses a danger to bub im saving tons of money by ebay and second hand stores ( they know me by name there now ) ...
    as for your earlier conflicting advice TELL ME BOUT IT .... my hayfever (which went away just fter i started high school) has come back 10 fold and i mean to a point i sleep on the lounge some nights to allow DP to sleep and the amount of conflicting advice im getting on what to take , (ive always taken polaramine when i was younger and my doc assures me its ok to take now ) but the chemists put up a huge debate so much so i was even asked to leave a pharmacy , so now i just send DP to get them to save face and arguments with them he just says its for him nd tells them which ones i usually take... HOW FRUSTRATING IS IT ,,,, i also called that line just to make sure i was in the right ...

Earthangel- i love corbin for a name , and i also agree with angeleish, im not fussed on the other one , it reminds me of a song by red hot chilly peppers ,, lol sorry chicken , haha

AS for maternity photos ,,, ok this is a funny one , a few years ago after a certain ex put me down alot , ( very controlling person , who would throw out clothes he didnt want me to be seen in that wernt even bad... and then gawk at girls in the street and drool over them and put me down more ) after we broke up i needed to pick myself up and put my self esteem back together ..... good friend of mine was doing some paid adult modeling ( i said this was a funny story ) and set up a shoot for me with one of her photographers , it was an artistic nude shoot and i was so nervous but when i seen the results it picked me up and made me feel good about myself , so up untill i fell pregnant i was still doing artistic shoot (PAID) and loving it , now im pregnant numerous photographers i have worked with have contcted me asking to do a tfp or tfcd(Time for print or time for cd copy of photos) maternity and after the bub comes of me and DP and bub ... the reason i say this it there are plenty of excelent photographers out here just starting out who need to do some shoots to show people when they are buying their service so its win win , if you dont mind them using the photos of evidence of their work then you can get numerous photso of what ever you want for nothing,
    if you want some help in this area (this is for every one ) let me know as i have a few contacts tht can help me help you if you want to ,
    ive already got 6 shoots leading up to birth (4 artistic nude pregnancy and 2 glamour pregnancy) and an amazing 9 shoots after bub is born, all for nothing HOW IS THAT !!!!!

Hopeful- your midwife visit the other week sounded like a dream , i wish mine were that good , i think sometimes people in those places should think about a career change because they just dont care ... its disgusting some times . your nursury sounds amazing congrts ...
    nd im having another morphology scan on thurs due to how small she is and because her head was so close to my cervix , they didnt get clear look at her head and brain ... but tleast i get to see her again so so happy

MO6 - congats on the new car , i think thats the hardest part of it all finding useful , functional affordable and reliable all in one car ... we are still looking but on our budget its looking grim ...
    also congrats on seeing outside movement ,, im still not quick enough to catch her bigger kicks to see if they can be seen or felt on the outside , for some reason when she starts i think i still shrugg it off as wind or a bowel movement till i realise , oh yeah my lil girls doing that lol ( i think i was once the queen of all blondes once )

Nikki- i have been stocking up too ... i hve done the maths and have been buying nappies , wipes and other consumables based on the averge first 6 month usage,,, so periodcally getting every thing so those first few months will be hassle free when it comes to supplies ,,, and to be honest , with every ones permission , i have written to every baby company and got samples sent to all my friends family even work under different nmes and addresses , mum went and got a heap of them off every one and sent a huge box up of samples in all i think i have at least 3 weeks worth of baby samples plus numerous discount vouchers to use ,, i think im doing well in the budget department cause im using my head with every thing... i think i have to in my situation ,.,,,.,

Sparkel I love willow and ava for a girl and Xavier for boy i think they are both cute , is there any reason for those names like fav actor or family member or ?? thumbs up to you

AFM work:

Ok because o the constnt ruptures of cyst i had alot of time off work for the last 2 years , wich is bad in my position , I am a 22 year old Female Fitter and machinist apprentice for Railcorp back in NSW ,,,, in my first year i had 4 months off pluss a few 2 week periods off after the opertions ... which didnt look good , and in my second yer i think i had a 23 % attendance record before this pregnancy ... so it really wasnt looking good for my job , when i confirmed the pregnancy i want straight to the apprentice unit and told them cause doing my job involves really tight spots , chemicals , welding , fumes and very big heights ,,, so it was so dangerousto be there ... straight away they were glad i was pregnant after all the "girl prolems" but had really bad news . i ws thinking great they are going to fire me... but no , they said being an apprenice there is no job i can do safely while pregnant and couldnt put me behind a desk because i ws an apprentice and they could only move me from one manual job to another ,,, so we decided , i would susped my apprenticeship untill i was 36 weeks pregnant and then i would come off susension to go on maternity leave for 54 weeks (7 weeks paid) and after that we would re assess the situationand decide wether or not id come back and start again from second year , or pack it in and give up my dream of being a female tradie.... i think this just goes to show how much a great employer can really elp you when things get rough , despite all my time off and medical problems they are doing all this for me and keeping me employed (even though im not getting paid at the moment ) ahh so glad they are awsome , (even if their services usallly suck,,, yess i caught the train too , i know it isnt the best transort at times so save me any rants in that department i hve already heard and experienced them lol )

well better go get my 4 hours now the lil one is settling in for the night and stopped kicking me ... sory i didnt do personal for every one but it really was hard trying to catch up (plus Joh and Kate plus 8 as on discovery home and health so i was getting distracted lol sorry )

hope all is well with every one and will catch up with you all again soone than last time ,