Closed Thread
Page 56 of 87 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks Nikki and Hopeful re the clothing tips - it's a challenge but it's a good way to learn how to live with a smaller wardrobe!

I'm really enjoying reading about everyone's shopping sprees. With the exception of a car seat and pram, we're getting almost everything second hand from friends and family. We're a bit short in the grandparent department so I'm loving reading about what everyone else is getting from their grandparents-to-be.

I am starting to think about all the newborn purchases and was also thinking about the Huggies newborn nappies too.

Nikki - good luck tomorrow - it's really tough getting back to work after having a break but it's even stranger to think that you'll only be back for a few short months!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nikki: Have a good first day back tomorrow.

Angel: re the cloth vs disposables, I am taking the easy option from the outset and doing disposables...I have however brought a pack of cloth nappies to use as "spew rags" for feeds etc...that and a small mountain of facewashers!

Cat: Good to see you around, how is your pregnancy travelling along? We are only a couple days apart.

Hopeful: Barney is an English Bulldog. Just on 2 years old.

Thanks
    Reviews
    angel2mummy - hope things get better for you soon so you can just relax and enjoy the rest of the pregnancy!

I am about to attempt some internet shopping - still got to get the following items:
    • Portable Cot (to use as a playpen/protection from my older boys)
    • Pram
    • Car Seat
    • Tetra Snuggle Bed
    • Bouncer/Rocker
    Then I'll just need clothes, nappies and all the other little bit & pieces but I'll pick them up closer to bub being born. My list is shrinking yay!

Hope everyone had a nice weekend
    Last edited by lillyjack; 11-01-2010 at 08:30.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls

Sparkle- Barney sounds like a spunk

Nikki- Last week back at work was hard for me.. soo tired. Take it easy xx

Lily- YAY for the list shrinking. I am slowly getting there too.

AFM.. I am scared of this 43 degree day melbourne is getting ready for today. Have been at work since 8am in the aircon.. its nice in here so far lol. After work I am heading home to check on my precious fur babies and then will head to my mum and dads tonight as they have awesome aircon. We don't, lol. I am wearing a fuscia and orange maxi halter neck dress, a black halter bikini underneath and havainas. If work have a problem with it, stiff, I'm pregnant, lol.
    I soo hope Victoria doesn't have the fire crisis we had last year- that was just horrific.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ouch Hopeful 43 is just nuts. We had 40 on Saturday and I was struggling big time. It was still 34 inside at 3am Sunday morning so am totally wrecked from no sleep. Last night was cooler but I kept waking up cos my hands kept getting pins & needles! Grr!

Lillyj nice work with the list!

AFM well I never made it to Ikea for the $15 bath. We started at Toysrus looking at bassinets (nothing) and found a newborn to toddler bath for 25 bucks - DH reckoned the extra 10 bucks was worth it cos it meant I wouldn't have to struggle through Ikea (he has refused to ever go there again LOL). Also I don't think I'm physically capable of going to Ikea for one thing and only ending up with that one thing LOL Anyway Toysrus had the bouncer I wanted for $120 so we thought we'd check out other places for that too... So then we went to Baby Kingdom, the bouncer was $89 but the bassinets weren't great so we went to Babies Galore - got a Love'n'care bassinet which was $189 down to $109!!!! And discovered the bouncer was $110 there so went BACK to Baby Kingdom and got it for $89. Phew! Also got the cot bumper (pointless I know but I have no self-control), matching cot sheets, spare change table mat covers and DH decided we didn't get enough animal plaques for the walls so we got another set of those (also on special). We also checked out monitors and sterilisers, seeing as there were so many sales on and everybody had different prices for everything. The Philips Avent microwave steriliser was $70 everywhere but I found it on the internet for $51 brand new so we ordered that - it comes with 2 bottles so we're good to go til after we are home with the baby and know what we're doing(!!). And same story with baby monitors - we found the one we wanted and I found it online brand new for $200 down from $250 yay! So now I think we actually have EVERYTHING!!! Cos I already got a Fisher Price play gym mat thingy before Christmas in another sale, my parents got us the buggy, cot & change table and I pick up the rocking chair next weekend, which DH will paint white. We found tieback hooks in Bunnings for the curtains so DH put them up and it looks amazing so now I want tiebacks everywhere LOL I went completely nuts and washed all the bedlinen so have actually made up the cot which is ridiculous I know but I can't help myself and now I go there every day at least twice and it just feels SO AMAZING. DH got so into it, he even set up the cot in 40 degree heat and spent most of Sunday talking about the baby. It's just awesome to see him so into it now. I guess it must finally be starting to sink in!! My credit card is completely buggered so I will now spend the next few months paying it off while I'm still on full pay. PHEW!

Thanks
    Reviews
    hehe Jetgirl, I can totally identify with your shopping- I feel really into it all at the moment and just want to buy buy buy. I nearly have all the Malawi stuff now lol as I bought the quilted wall pics off ebay this morning for $25- can u say bargain?? Just need the mobile now. I am also going to set the cot up as soon as I have it and the linen, pfft who cares? I wanna have everything catalogue perfect looking lol.

I meant to ask girls, has anyone had/considered the 4d ultrasounds?? My mum and auntie are hassling BIG TIME and I told them no, I have already had like 4 normal ultrasounds and I have not budgeted for that so no. They are now saying they will go halves in it for me so I am thinking.. maybe. Anyone got any thoughts/info on these??

btw.. DH knows how much I rely on u all. I was asking him about what was good nappy prices on the weekend.. and he was like "no idea" It has been 8 years since his youngest was in nappies. "Ask your bub hub girls" He said lol. Hence why I did yesterday

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aw Hopeful that is so cute about DH & bub hub

Re. the ultrasounds, if it's only the money stopping you, I'd go for it. But if you don't want to see the baby in that much detail til he/she arrives then I wouldn't do it. I'm not doing it due to a combination of both reasons

Well done with the Malawi shopping! I just LOVE eBay.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Grrr lost a big post!

nikki08: good luck with your first day back at work hope you dont get too tired.

Jetgirl: sounds like you had a busy weekend shopping and got a lot of cool stuff and on sale too! Im like you and have to have the nursery set up all early but thats ok - you can always rewash stuff etc when you're not at work anymore and have all this time on your hands - will give you something to do

lillyjack: how did the internet shopping go? Did you find what you needed?

hopefulmama2b: Hope you survive in the 43c heat today. We're expecting 39 in the ACT but we're lucky and have aircon at home. Great news on finding the miwali wall hangings on ebay and for a bargain too! I hope you find the mobile soon

On the 3/4D u/s thing: DH and I will be doing one of these in March/April sometime when I'm between 28-32w and getting the 45min package. It will be an early bday present to me from DH. I felt DH and I both needed to do as much as possible to bond with this baby as i think that is going to be a real problem for both of us due to what happened with dd. We both have been very reluctant to bond with baby so far (until very recently) as we didnt know if it was genetically normal or whether i would end up with a m/c due to the CVS or amnio. Ive also got a doppler coming in the mail today too! Too paranoid if i dont feel baby even though its still so early for me and think it will help with the bonding.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jetgirl: Gosh well done, you have done so well this week end...and you got your rocking chair, yay!!!! I get mine in 2 days also!!

Hopeful: Hun your with Monash yeah? Do they recommend a certain place or do you just tell your doc where you would like to go? To give you and idea mine are done at East Melbourne Ultrasound when I return, $250 each and a portion of that comes back from Medicare, from memory I got $130 back from my 12 week one. Mine here in NY are all 4D but only if the twins are co operating...which is rare!! I have shy ones and sleepy ones! My only downside is I get them monthly, then fortnightly then weekly up until birth!! THey are going to be sick of seeing me and they take over an hour!!

Not sure of other places and prices though in Melbourne other than East Melbourne which is where my OB refers to. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by sparklesare; 11-01-2010 at 10:06.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is anybody getting pins & needles in their hands at night? I keep getting woken up by it - once I hold them up for a bit it goes away but I invariably end up lying on them again LOL Wondering if there are any other tricks of the trade, so to speak?