Closed Thread
Page 53 of 87 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Lilly: Are those the sleep positioner things? Seen them around a bit..are they good for the car seats also /similar? Had a look at some the other week when I was in BabiesRUs here and there was heaps of range. Also need to get a couple!

Also good advice re the bouncers etc. I was given two swings from a girlfriend who had twins, so have those to use - see how I go with them, was going to get a bouncer before I had them. With two of them though it may help me being able to have a shower, dress, do all those things I am going to quickly forget how I did before they came along!!!

Nikki/Hopeful: I am thinking I should make myself a list now...you both seem like you are under control!! Well done!

Re my week end...not a great deal planned. Going to head to IKEA myself in search of a bath also and a few other bits and pieces. Hopefully a pretty quiet week end for me. I will probably get lost getting to IKEA but if nothing else, it will be an adventure!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    LOL Sparkles I too am going to get lost going to ikea but it's definitely worth it to not have DH with me complaining!! He put the nursery curtains up last night so he's in the good books ATM and he's at Bunnings now getting hooks for the tiebacks. They're so cute!!! Still no word from the eBay rocking chair man.
    I was thinking of getting a bouncer and everyone said wait til after the baby comes but I think I'll get it sooner. The less I have do later, the better!!!! I'm glad you girls all recommend them!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jet:

Will be thinking of you with your big plastic bag in IKEA today!!! May the force be with you!

Sooo how did hubby take it when you told him about the curtains??? Was he surprised you brought them...or just glad you have your co-ordinated nursery coming along beautifully...I am so like you, everything has to match, and I cant even decide on a theme anymore, the one I liked, Ive gone right off.

He is good though doing a Bunnings run for you..tick tick for good DH!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Earthangel - just the basics for nappy rash etc. I'll probably get advice on what creams bubs needs when they are born if they develop any skin conditions rather than starting them off of any. Most people with bubs have told me the best thing for washing their sensitive skin is warm water. I have no nappies yet, my sister recommends three boxes to start with so I'll get them in the next month or two.

Angeleish - I'm not buying any clothes until they are born. I got a bag or two from my sister ranging from 0000 - 00 and then once they come along I'll deicide if I need more. As for the breast pump I'd like to be able express once a day if possible so DH can try a bottle feed if he is game. He works long hours and I'd like him to have a chance to bond. My MIL already bought us some really nice bottles, a bouncer and a baby carrier, so we are lucky there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    damn - after me nagging jetgirl yesterday to post her pic, I seem to be the only one who can't see it!!! Typical!! I'm sure you look great though Jetgirl. Sounds as if you've got a well trained DH there, putting up your curtains and heading to bunnings for you. I might have to start telling my DH how much you girls have done to get him moving a little more (we still haven't even emptied the future nursery!)

Sounds like a few of us will be at Ikea this weekend. I'm still undecided whether to go or not. We have a few other odd jobs to do and it is so hot here (already over 35 at 10.30) so I'm reluctant to plan too much at once.

As for the bouncer, I'm not sure. We're being given a swing to borrow, so my head is telling me that should be enough. DH however, has his heart set on a bouncer that he's seen (bless him he is adamant that the baby will want this particular one he saw). We've also managed to borrow a playmat which I'm happy about.

Names are still driving us mad. I typed out a list of names I liked and DH read through them and highlighted the ones that he liked and added a few more. Unfortunately the ones that he chose weren't my all time favourites. I think we're both going to have to compromise on the names front.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nikki - I agree it would be great if DH could do a feed or two as mine also works long hours. I just kind of figured that I'd get used to feeding by myself for the first few weeks and once I've worked out the supply then decide if I'm still keen to try the expressing. I'm also holding our for our BF classes as I want to wait and see what they say about buying a breast pump before I commit to anything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    my dd was a big reflux baby so the bounce was my life saver. it was one that reclined or sat up to a rocker so she also used it as a todler.

We are going to get one of those babysense11 monitors that monitor there breathing rate. i was always poking dd to see if she was breathing sometimes she was just so still.

I am already leaking from my Boobs. soon i will have to wear beast pads and i am only 19 weeks i can see i am going to have the same problem as with dd and have so much milk the poor thing chokes then i get mastitis. FUN.

I bought my cot matress yesterday but its the wrong size but 1mm argh.

Thanks
    Reviews
    mum2haylz - I haven't had any leakage yet, my bbs were very sore for a few weeks there but now the soreness comes and goes. They have grown though which DH is happy about!

angeleish - we are slowly getting there with names but agreeing is the hardest thing. We also have to choose a girl's name and boy's name because we don't know yet.

JetGirl - I couldn't see your photo either It just said image not available.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,
    i have been really quiet for a while. We were hoping for an easy pregnancy this time around. We have not been very lucky so far. At the 14 wk scan they found an ovarian cyst in my left ovary. At the 16 week it was decided that the dermoid had to be removed to take the risk of rupture or twisting of the ovary away. Last wedn at 17 w2d i was operated. When i woke they informed me that they were not able to remove it. so now i have this ceasearean cut that has to heal in the middle of a growing belly. Baby is doing really well the midwives check the heartbeat every 4hours. Today has been a hard day. To see all people with babies and then on the other hand butterflies on a lot of doors (angelbabies). I can really use some kind words.

I have been reading all your stories and am really glad all is going so well.

M

Thanks
    Reviews
    ohhh Angel2mummy, to you.
    I hope your back on your feet soon. By the sounds of it the midwives are keeping a close eye on you and bub too.

Thinking of you, sending you some and well wishes