Closed Thread
Page 51 of 87 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sparkles / Angeleish - great pictures, I'll have to get my picture up there soon. Sometimes I look like I really stick out other times I barely notice the bump.

I went out to get a pregnancy massage today and the lady said that due to a bad car accident I had over 10 years ago I've done damage to my spine and posture that is causing me pain now in pregnancy. She can only help relieve it but once bubs is born I'll go back for remedial massage. I was so relieved that my back pain was finally being taken seriously by someone and relief may be achievable!

As for the list, thanks girls for offering advice. I'll get onto some shopping soon and will ask for advice on things. As for what is still on my list, pram is one big item but other than that it's just the small stuff that adds up $50 here - $30 there, it's only when I listed it all in Excel that it all added up. Also DH wants to buy a new camera / video camera so that amount includes that too.

As for photography, I used to do photography professionally and now I just do it for fun. I would love to get maternity photos taken and some newborn pics but not sure where to go either. Having done it myself for years I am very fussy and would be really upset if I thought the photos were a bit mediocre... I do think it's a special moment worth capturing though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Afternoon Ladies

Geez Hopeful, I'm glad its water off a ducks back to you! I got asked by one of our truck drivers when I was due.... just one problem, I wasn't pregnant, I was just cycling . I see him almost daily now and he hasn't said anything about weight gain .

Ok you lot..... there not baby bellies...... this is a baby belly!!!!

http://i746.photobucket.com/albums/x...cca03/24w2.jpg

http://i746.photobucket.com/albums/x...acca03/24w.jpg

These were taken yesterday, 24 weeks.

BTW, you all look great I hope your all wearing your bumps proudly!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    aww boo- i think ur pics looks awesome!! what a cute belly.
    aww mine just looks fat. I will post one soon too, I was fat before baby and I am fat now and will be fat after- and i like my body lol so I can admit that. I like myself pregnant actually- my skin and hair looks nice I reckon. My mumma said to me the other day randomly- pregnant looks good on u.. aww love her. DH likes me pregs too.. he likes my bbs lol.
    boo, I also work with truck drivers. They aren't the most sensitive hey? lol, i love them but.

yeah nikki i was going to say (pls dont take this personal ), 4k is a lot. Maybe I am being a bit callous but I have the pram, cot, bassinette, change table.. some singlets, wipes, grow suits, bottles etc.. after I get my decoration done I don't think I need a heap more.. more little things like nappies, lotions, bibs etc..but the camera idea sounds great!! I also LOVE the idea of photos girls!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great pic boo!! I need to figure out this photobucket thing...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great belly pics girls.... Boo I think ours are almost the same size

Hopeful - some people are just plain idiotic! When I was pg with bub #1 and still working, I had daily comments about my body... ranging from "gee, you're big for such and such weeks" to ... "you've put on weight in your bum so it must be a boy" etc etc.

Jetgirl - let me know if you find any good deals on bassinets. I really need to get that sorted soon but haven't made it out to the shops yet!

Thanks
    Reviews
    i just read through all the posts now i cant remember who said what. i am like a gold fish.

everyones belly pics look great.

I am still recoving from all the money we spend on ivf so i havnt been able to buch just a cot and matress and that was 550 there is a pram i really like but its 800 EEK lol. might think some more about it. I still have dds car seat and bouncer and porta cot. so thats a bonus. we are on the one wage as i have been a stay at home mum for my dd and then when she started prep we had started the ivf route and i wasnt in any mood for people haha. So im already used to it.We also bought a new Toyota prado last year so also recoving from that too. But atleast i can fill it with another 4 kids lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lillyj toysrys have an amore one for 99 and baby kingdom have a hush baby something for 129 down from 189 I think and mybabywarehouse has another one for 130. I think 130 will be my limit. They go for 60-100 on eBay and a new mattress is 40 so that's my logic

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great pics girls Funny how some people carry so big and yet others so little isnt it? I'm jealous of those who carry little as it will undoubtly be easier for you to sleep etc much later in pg.

hopefulmama2b: you wont be starting your classes all that early - what 25w or so? Im pretty sure i started mine when pg with dd at 27w and was totally fine (was the last one due in our group though) PHI = private health insurance. I'm glad you're feeling ok about the gender shock. I had a real shock when we found out it was a boy as i was set on my theory is it being a girl (we did ICSI (60% girls born with ICSI) and our blast was a little slow at developing (another sign of a girl usually). I've come around to the idea now and am quite happy even though it means finding somewhere to store all this girls stuff we have! Oh and I was in our toys r us today and they actually still have some of the Mawali line from kidsline in store and it was all on clearance

nikki08: the pg massage sounds wonderful! Ive heard a pg chiropractor or osteo can really help with back pain etc during pg and also helps align your hips etc for delivery (if they're not alligned it can slow labour or something so ive read) There still may be a bunch of the $30s here and there that isnt really required. The pram is a big purchase though. What kind of camera are you guys looking at buying? Do you still take photos? I bought the Nikon D90 when it came out in late 2008 partly for the HD video capabilities. I don't feel i have yet developed a great enough eye to be happy with just me taking newborn photos though which is why im looking for someone else! There's an amazing woman who goes by the name Jinky Art who does amazing photos (though not sure if she does newborns) but she's moved to the sunshine coast now

for those of you using photobucket - instead of just inserting the link you can hover your mouse cursor above the pic and a drop down menu will appear below - then you copy and paste the one that starts like this [IMG] into your msg and the pic should automatically appear

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopeful - I know it sounds like a lot but it's actually a fairly basic list, it doesn't only include the 'baby stuff' it includes all the bits and pieces that are associated with it. Including things we'll just throw in to our shopping basket over the weeks leading up like lotions, wipes, nappies etc. Then there are things that I might need like a breast pump, a baby monitor etc. All that stuff I won't buy unless I think I need it. I'm a list person so I'm just trying to budget for all the possibilities because otherwise it will be $20 here and $50 there and I'll lose track. It's actually the small stuff that is adding up the most, the cot, pram and bassinette etc are all under $2k easy. I've also included things I won't buy straight up but will need down the track (first few months etc).

Boo - that's a great picture, I'll have to get around to posting mine soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hey Nikki- you are right.. i wasn't thinking about the stuff you pick up weekly. I am so like u- very list orientated and I haven't actually added up my list really so maybe it would shock me. Perhaps I won't do that lol.
    earthangel- u are VERY helpful!!! I might pop into a toys rus tomorrow.. just to see thanks! and yes, i will be around 25 weeks when I start the 5 week classes.. and I have this "feeling" I am going to go early.. not sure why. Same feeling I had when I was sure I was having a boy.. and we still might be so who knows, lol