ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 37 of 87 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Cat - we're going to look at the Strider in January. We saw one in action the other day and it looked quite light weight and easy to push around. As for car seats we are not buying until later, we are going to rent a capsule from St Johns for 3-6 months depending on how big bub is. Then we'll shop around for a car seat. I've heard good things about safe n sound too.

We're in Perth at the moment for two weeks and are in shock at how much choice there is on baby stuff in comparison to back home. At home we have a couple of shops and a small selection at Target and BigW. Even BigW here is about four times the size! We can't take anything back with us though, too expensive

What are everyone's plans for NYE? We're just staying in with family, having a swim in the pool and doing very little

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Nikki,
    My SIL swears by the Strider so you should do quite well there. I was relieved that the more expensive brands didn't do so well on Choice so that makes us feel much better! We're also going to use a capsule for the first few months - they are so much easier especially in winter.

My NYE, like Christmas, will be surrounded by children!

Cat

Thanks
    Reviews
    i have the beema 3 wheeler i love it apart from one thing they have an alliumium frame now so a lot lighter mine is a bit heavy especially after a c section

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hey all

Sorry i have been MIA just been down lately and didnt want to bring every one else down with my winging ..... ANY HOW had our scan today and seen bub in a whole new light ,,,, sucking and streching lol it was so cute ...

So now i am happy cause i know what it is ....
    A LITTLE PRINCESS IS ON THE WAY...

YAAAAAAYYYY

Only thing is they say she is a bit too small, they are going to rescan in a month to check on her progress , , that has me a lil nervous , wondering what im doing wrong ????

any ways time to start looking for clothes and things ... the doc said to include some smaller sizes due to the current scan

oh i just want to hold my lil angel to make sure she is ok

sigh

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

Jusr wondering if I can pop into this thread. I am 15 weeks at the moment, due 18th June.
    After 2 yrs of TTC and 5 cycles of IVF, I still can't quite get my head around it and am worried I will jinx myself being on this site or even adding a ticker at the bottom (or whatever they are called) !

I've read back a few pages of this thread and I must say it's so nice to hear so much positive stuff after being on an IVF TTC#1 site with all the m/c and FET/ET failures for so long.
    The thought of talking about prams and nurseries is so exciting after all this time.

I am 35, DH34 and we have 'unexplained' infertility.

All my tests and scans so far have been good.

Nice to hear all your posts and stories so far.

Em x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Em,

Welcome! And congratulations to you and your DH.

You sound like you are travelling along well. Hope the rest of your pregnancy is stress free and you enjoy it.

Lostupnorth: YAY for your little girl, congratulations!!! Hope you are doing well and enjoying the end of year wrap up.

All the girls here are lovely, really easy to chat to and great if you have questions about anything.

Take care and enjoy your New Year.

Sparklesare

Thanks
    Reviews
    HAPPY NEW YEAR Ladies

Hope you all have a great night, no matter what your plans and your not feeling too tomorrow! hehe. Last one for us with out the bubs .

em - Welcome! and Congrats. You've now hit the stage where you'll start to relax and enjoy your pregnancy (hopefully hehe). Good Luck, I hope from here on its smooth sailing.

lostupnorth - Congrats on your baby girl . I'm truly please for you that your starting to feel a bit better, hope it continues for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls,

I might jump in here too. After ttc for almost a year we got our BFP from our 2nd ICSI cycle (first cycle got BFP but ended in m/c) and I am due June 7th 2010. I have PCOS and DH has MFI (although we mainly fixed it with supplements/vitamins). I also have hypothyrodism. This is our 2nd pg. Our first pg was in 2007/2008 thru our 3rd IUI attempt and resulted in our DD who was born with a genetic syndrome called VCFS (occurs 1 in 2000 pg) which left her with a complete cleft of the soft palette and congenital heart disease and no thymus (so no immune system). She died at 6.5mths of age in August 2008 due to SIDS.

I'm currently awaiting results from my amnio (should have them by Jan 5th hopefully) after a failed CVS in Nov. I havent been enjoying this pg yet as im worried about the results as DH and I cannot go thru what we did with DD again. I' hopinng we're given the all clear and we'll find out the gender then too which will make it all the more real. My morph scan isnt until the end of Jan or early Feb as I'm quite overweight and want them to have the best possible view of the heart which is best done later.

We have almost everthing we need for this bubs since we had DD which is a bit of a let down (no fun shopping to do) but if this one is a girl i may buy a new cot in white as i think it go with the nursery theme we have much better (camelot by Kidsline).

To whoever was asking about car seats - the latest crash test results are being released in Feb by RACV and NRMA so I would wait for the results before buying. They will list the top 20 in each category (rear facing, convertible and booster) and give it's safety rating and ease of use rating as well. Safe n Sound seats are always heavily featured, some baby love, and some of the brand Target sells (their own brand cant recall the name atm). One thing to consider about car seats is if you're going to go with a convertible spend the $$ and get one that will last to 4 years (in other words that is height adjustable) as it is now law (from 2010) that 4yos are to be kept in car seats. You'll find most of the cheaper seats dont do this. We bought the Safe n Sound Meridian as at the time it was the safest seat on the market and it has a height adjustable top so will grow with your child. It is currently rated 3rd and costs just over $500 (but at the moment can be bought for under $400 at Babies Galore)

nikki08: you can always shop online for baby stuff incl cots/prams etc. Especially if you've checked them out in person in a baby store so you know the quality/features etc.

lostupnorth: congrats on the girl. Sorry to hear she is measuring small. Do you know how small? (should say somewhere on the u/s photos or report what gestation she was measuring at - for example you may be 19w2d but the report says measuring at 18w4d or something). I also urge you to look for a femur measurement (not sure these are done routinely at morph scans or not) which is a leg bone measurement. If there is not one when you go back for a rescan insist that they try and measure it. A small femur measurement is unfortunately a hard marker for a genetic syndrome (this info is from a private fetal medicine speacilist Ob). a good NT score is no indicator at all of no genetic defects unfortauntely. When i was pg with DD i knew a woman online who was given a 1 in 10,000 chance of her bub having DS and yet when bubs was born it had DS (someone always has to be the one) and the NT only checks for the most common trisomonies and not a single deletion and yet deletion syndromes are quite common too. I'm hoping none of this is the case for you and maybe bubs was just having a slow week and that she'll have a huge growth spurt before the next scan (small babies can also mean probs with the placenta btw).

Happy new year everyone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Em25 - welcome, you'll find everyone here very helpful

LostupNorth - congratulations on finding out it's a girl! We're not finding out until the birth but I am very curious. Have you thought of names yet?

EarthAngel - welcome, hopefully the results will put your mind at ease and you can enjoy the rest of your pregnancy.

Unfortunately we can't shop online as we are well outside the delivery area for most places and the quotes we've had for delivery makes it too pricey. We'll just have to make do with the choice we have for now. That's the price you pay for living in regional Australia.

Thanks
    Reviews

Unhappy Thanks every one

Ubber excited i have a lil girl i have a lil girl ,, i have to keep saying it , it doesnt seem real ...

Thanks to every one on here your making it easier to cope with ...

Earth angel :

Ok they did measure the femur but didnt give me the measrement , i am 19 w 1 day today but the scan is saying 17w 3 days which is not even possible , due to surgrys and different things around the time i fell pregnant i have to be between 18 weeks 4 days to 19 weeks 2 days , those are the only possible ways about it ,
    ahhh so so so stressfull , , dont know how to feel , or wht to think , my uncle/god father has been haunting my dreams (suicide 10 years ago at the age of 28 ) he is stnding beside the cot and asked who is in the photo with me beside the cot , i said thats the babys dad, and touch my belly , he touched it for two seconds looks at me with a tear in the eye and says ,,, not good kido , somethings wrong and walks out , i try to ask him what , i try to follow him but its always the same ... i just put it down to me being worried but after the scan im afraid he is right and its really him trying to prepare me for the worst .....