Closed Thread
Page 3 of 87 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Afternoon!

Just a little info for anyone else looking at the new strider.
    I read in another forum about a mum that road tests products for Steelcraft. She didn't recommend using the bassinet and the toddler seat at the same time . The toddler will hit their head on the bassinet!! I did see the pram at the baby expo as was impressed but it had the seat fitted not the bassinet. Because the seat doesn't lay completely flat for newborn we bought the bassinet too. But if you don't plan on using the bassinet, then it would be worth it .

mmmmm might have to put my :tree: up soon!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi guys, thank you for your good luck wishes. As expected, I was crap due to nerves and no preparation but hey, I did my best and it's over i think I was actually more nervous on Monday before my OB scan

Sparkles, hope you're back this way soon! Glad you're happy you're doing the right thing.

Somebody was mulling over getting the toddler bit for a buggy... You know how we're getting the Mountain Buggy Swift? Well the chick at the shop just told us there's a new version out in Jan which does have the toddler bit (the current one doesn't) but I'm thinking I'd rather go with something not brand new... plus I don't know if I feel comfortable planning for another baby just yet! I mean by the time we'd be ready the new baby would be a year old at least and then do we try naturally for a while? Do we go straight to IVF? No idea! Too hard to think about!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jet - I was feeling a bit the same way! A bit scared that planning for a toddler seat on a pram could be a jinx . Hopefully by that stage No. 1 may want to walk instead!

I know when we are ready for No. 2, we'll go straight to IVF, I guess at least for us I know there'll be no surprises!!

Pleased your presentation went well! Was there 10 or 100 people in the room

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm with both on you on the prams, I'm not sure after all the heartache and wishing for baby number I am even thinking about baby number two yet. I will have to go through IVF again but whether I go and try after a year or three years will depend on how well I cope with new motherhood and sleep deprivation, I think I might just go for a pram without toddler option.

Also like my MIL pointed out, what is likelihood of me actually going shopping without DH and two young children in tow at once. If I take both out I'd prob take DH with me and strap the youngest to his chest with a carrier

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nikki I agree with your logic!!!

Boo there were about 30... So not quite as bad as I was fearing but I really really HATE public speaking so even 5 would have terrified me!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nikki08 View Post
    Also like my MIL pointed out, what is likelihood of me actually going shopping without DH and two young children in tow at once. If I take both out I'd prob take DH with me and strap the youngest to his chest with a carrier
    that gave me a chuckle. I used to go out to the shops all the time on my own with my twins when they were little. Its only now that they're 2 and a half that I dread the shops. They are too naughty now to take for anything longer than a quick trip to get milk etc. DH and I do the groceries together.

Now I've got another 2 on the way I'm crossing shopping on my own off the list.

You can always put the toddler in the pram and baby in the carrier and get out on your own without a toddler seat, plus there are skateboard attachments etc that you can get for the pram if it doesn't fit a toddler seat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Twinmummy - after witnessing the stress that some women and men go through in the shops with two or more kids DH and me decided either we go together or one goes and the other stays home. I know a lot of people who do it this way and I think it just makes for a more pleasant and quick shopping trip. Now to see if I put it into practice With four kids I would imagine that one shopping and one at home would look even more appealing!
    Last edited by nikki08; 18-11-2009 at 16:52.

Thanks
    Reviews
    wow there are so many prams out there.
    I will have a 7 year old and then a newborn so wont need a todler seat anyway. hehe. but but after awhile my dd just liked sitting in the trolleys

I had my NT scan today 12 weeks FINALLY> and all went really well we are low risk so i am happy. and we Told our dd tonight. she is so excited. my family are going to come over for dinner on friday night. and we are going to get DD to tell them the news.

i can't believe its nearly :tree:EEK!!
    Next year we will all have little bubbas to buy for.

Thanks
    Reviews
    re the prams i was wanting a toddler seat on my pram because i was going to have all my kids close together yeah right now look he will be 4 the month after the baby is born so i'm so glad i didnt waste the money on the extra bit because that would have been a big waste of time lol

mum2haylz congrats on the 12weeks how did you keep it a secret from your daughter i couldnt i told ds straight away and he has been to everything from eggs coming out to egg going in and he has been to all the ultrasound the only prob with that is he asks nearly everyday when is the baby coming out (a long time) lol

jet girl i'm glad your speech is over and done with for you

nikki i think my brother is a bit relieved his partner has been walking in and out of their lives for the past 12mths so i think he is happy she has decided to leave perm because now the girls at least understand not like before they kept asking when is mum coming home they are 9 and 5 so i hope it gets better now
    i just worry when the girls stay at her house she has depression and drinks herself to sleep and takes valium its just such a worry i wish she would get some help but she thinks nothing is wrong with her

oh and on the going shopping everyone knows me at the local coles i shop at because about a year ago my son would scream from the second we walked in to the checkout very stressful thats when preschool 1 day a week came in handy this year and i do the shopping on that day and get him a surprise much better but he was an angell before that yeh so about 2 1/2 yrs old is the bad time lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ally we really wanted to tell her earlier but i just thought if something went wrong or we had a MC i didn't want to dissapoint her as she has been waiting for a sibling for a long time. Also she is at school and i knew as soon as she knew so would the hole world of school mums then on my facebook ect.