ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 21 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sparkles they're really just for early on. it's like an extender to your existing trousers. It's a bit of elastic, with a button at one end and a button hole at the other. You connect the trouser button to the belt button hole and the belt button to the trouser button hole and hey presto - wear a long top or a belly band (you know, the ones that make it look like you're wearing another layer) and you get to keep wearing your existing trousers/skirts for a bit longer. I used mine heaps at first - from about 10 weeks I think. Sure as hell wasn't gonna buy mat clothes til after 12 weeks! I bought mine from eBay i think...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    sparkles - I don't know a lot about belly belts, but I do know that they are little attachments with a flap of material to extend the waistline of jeans etc. I'm sure Nikki will explain it better. I haven't used these as I used my expanding waistline as an excuse to buy some new jeans and pants!!! Gotta love shopping!

I'm impressed that you have only just told work!! Great work on keeping quiet for so long. I bet they were surprised.

Nikki - I think you may be right in that I am carrying low. My pants were too tight from 10weeks, but my tops are only just now starting to become too tight. Most people who see me can't believe I am hiding a 19 week baby in my tummy! At first that bothered me, but now I'm enjoying people's fascination at my small tum. (At the same time wouldn't mind "popping" out a little more to look obviously pregnant)

As for the heartburn, mine has been on and off. Haven't tried the mylanta yet, but have some quickeaze in my handbag permanently now.

jetgirl - eeww to the maggots!! Think I'd be testing out our pram all the time if we had it. Thank god it is on layby so the temptation isn't there! I can understand the towel underneath. I am a neat freak.... am guessing that may change a little once baby is here and my priorities change!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sparkles - I never used them, like JetGirl said they just extend the top of your pants so you can wear them longer. However because I'm not carrying low really, I still wear some of my pants that I used to wear without any extension I just can't wear my higher pants. In fact as I've grown my belly seems to have moved higher so I'm wearing quite a few of my old clothes at the bottom, it's just new tops and some higher pants that I'm buying. So if you are carrying high you'll probably never need them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey have you girls tried any online gender predictions. I just tried this one:

http://www.babygenderprediction.com/...es/index.phtml

Mine wasn't overly conclusive. 53% chance girl. Just curious what you girls get (especially those of you who already know the gender). It's just a bit of fun based on old wives tales.

let me know what you think

Thanks
    Reviews
    Angeleish - that was a fun little game, mine was 60% chance of a girl, however at the start it was leaning towards a boy... so who knows. I guess the computer is as indecisive as me!

Based on what you girls are saying about your pants, I think I must be carrying high considering my pants still fit but everyone who knows me told me that I'm 'showing' really early in comparison to other people they know. Must be all up front. I wonder if you look 'smaller' if you carry low. My sister and friend both carried low and took a long time to show. They could have hid being pregnant for about 5-6 months almost. In fact my sister had to buy bigger underpants because she said she just couldn't wear them 'under' her bump it was that low. She hated shopping for two sizes up!! She's not even a big girl.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nikki I had to buy a stack of bikini knickers cos my normal ones won't fit over my low bump!!!

Am gonna try that gender thing now...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ooh 60% girl but I think it's a boy hehe

Thanks
    Reviews
    One day I'm sure it's a boy the next I'm leaning towards girl, then I feel guilty for making an assumption in case I'm wrong Time will tell, half way through the pregnancy nearly!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I feel no intuition on this baby's gender. Sometimes I think boy, sometimes girl. I think when it's born I'll be surprised either way - just can't believe that I'm having a baby! lol.

As for the quiz, mine at the start was definitely girl, but by the latter half of the survey the chances of a boy gradually snuck up. Who knows!!! Just a bit of fun.

I can't believe we're all at the 1/2way mark. This trimester is going so much quicker than the first. Less anxiety I guess. Only one more week till my scan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Angeleish - Me too, I have my scan next Thursday. Are you excited or nervous or a bit of both? Are you finding out about the sex?? Sorry if you have already said, I am now blaming baby brain