Closed Thread
Page 2 of 87 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my appt at the hospital yesterday. Was very impressed that I actually got in 10 mins before my appt time!!!
    I think I may even be seeing the same dr each time . I only saw the midwife yesterday but got my bounty bag and she did a quick scan on their portable machine.
    I have to do the glucose tolerance test next week since I had gestational diabetes last time. Then see the dr at the hospital the following week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Girls

Have been soo busy, haven't been on much! I can't read back to the old posts so will start fresh.. hope u are all well...
    ally- its "jolly happy soul" yeah?
    These christmas emoticons are soo cute!!! I HAVE to use one! lol

well.. i am now just over 13 weeks, yay! My already prior to pregnancy fat tumtum looks bigger already.. I am tired as, but I think thats because before pregnancy I was a 5-6 hour a night sleeper- 6 max, and now that I am kinda passed trimester 1 I thought I could have a few late nights- pfft.. I don't think so!
    Work is full on and a little stressful but its keeping my brain busy which is good. except for the past 2 hour today where I decided I had done enough work and have been googling lol.
    I have also laybed a cot, change table and basinet! I am totally stuck with prams.. I like the Steelcraft Strider I think it is.. but soo not sure yet! I am also still convinced I am having a boy, lol.

Soo.. hi to all... and I will try to post more often xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopeful - I've got the strider and love it!!! Can't wait to use it. BUT....... If you are really thinking about it, Steelcraft have just released a new one call Strider Plus that you can fit a toddler seat to. Worth looking at.

Everyone
    (17 weeks tomorrow!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi girls, how are we today? Looks like we've all been pretty busy with scans and shopping or at least browsing

Well I am totally freaking out. My boss just asked me to stand in for him and give a presentation to the new starters at the bank's IT section... I have a bad feeling it's not gonna be to 10 people... more like 100... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH

Thanks
    Reviews
    I only know about the IVF medicare changes, what's happening with the OB changes? 500 bucks? Are you serious? That's INSANE!!!!![/QUOTE]

Hey JetGirl: That $500 figure sounds right, I was told the same thing by my OB's secretary last week...scary isnt it!! Hopefully you are paying your pregnancy management fee before Dec 31st and you will receive the Safety Net rebate for this year. My OB has kindly told all Mums in May next year he is processing them on December 20th so we sneak in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls,

Well the time is nearing for me to return to the freezing cold in New York...2 more days in Oz and then back to the miserable weather..grrr.

Have loved being home and its confirmed we are making the right decision coming home when we are..it was meant to be as they say!

Feeling awful - still...nothing seems to be helping the morning sickness and I just feel horrendous some days. On the upside, the twins are growing well and strong and I am all on track.

Boo: I got a DVD also!! Such a cute thing to watch!
    Jetgirl: Good luck with presentation...arrgghh I hate public speaking!

We have "outed" ourselves to friends and now everyone is aware of our news and very pleased...thank god I say, couldnt hold it in much longer.

Everyone sounds like they are doing really well and besides this hot weather, traveling along well with baby!!

Take care ladies.
    Sparkles

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopeful2bemama - The Strider is what we are looking at now too, we were looking at the Baby Jogger but it is about $200 more expensive up here so we saw the Strider and I really liked it. Now just to convince DH. They are releasing a new one this month with toddler seat, we're still umming and ahhing about whether we should get that option. Being pregnant with one child was already a dream come true.

sparklesare - glad you are feeling good about your prospective move now. Sorry to hear about the m/s still hanging in there. It really can be horrid, some people escape it but some really don't. I am pretty much over it, but yesterday I suffered a quick bout of it for a few hours and that funny taste in the mouth again and it quickly brought back all the memories.

JetGirl - good luck in your presentation! I am sure you will do fine, your boss has confidence in you

Boo83 - 17 weeks tomorrow - how exciting

Thanks
    Reviews
    morning all how is everyone this morning
    i got my iron test done and everything is all good so i'm very happy with that

i'm feeling so good and cant wait till:tree:
    i love this time a year
    abit sad for my nieces there mother has left this time for good so my brother is in a pickle with everything and he does shift work so very hard for him she does take them for him if she has to
    my god i just couldnt imagine not seeing ds for a day let alone for ever
    anyways hope everyone has a great day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls, I found this on the Medicare website:

http://www.mbsonline.gov.au/internet/mbsonline/publishing.nsf/Content/20607BE49978DCFBCA25763B0082BA90/$File/Revised-EMSN-Fact-Sheet-9-Nov-2009.pdf

Its a lot to take in and my doctor has said the same that next year we can't get as much back for OB fees. Thank fully our 20 weeks is before the end of the year so we're going to pay the whole fee then to take advantage of the 80% rebate before it finishes.

Jetgirl, good luck in your presentation, its never easy and I hate doing it from time to time. I always hear my voice quiver!

Sparklesare its fun telling everyone your news isn't it they'll be especially surprised with you hearing of two on the way. We had told the family and close friends personally and just announced it on F/B yesterday and its lovely hearing everyone’s positive comments.

Meaghan6430 I have a glass of milk each day too but I mix it with Chocolate Quix, I haven't had that since I was a kid after school!

twinmummy2007 hopefully you don’t' get gestational diabetes again. Both my sisters had this during their pregnancies but I mentioned it to my OB and he said he usually checks for it at 26 weeks. I’m a bit worried about waiting that long.

Boo83 congrates on being 17 weeks tomorrow.

hopefulmama2b I know what you mean about being tired I still feel very tired in the evenings also they say it disappears in your 2nd trimester but I'm still waiting for it to.

AFM everything is going fine, I had my scan yesterday and bub is doing well waving about. We put in our admission forms in to the hospital and got a little welcome goodie bag with different things, even cellulite cream!

My next scan at 19 weeks will be longest wait - another 4 weeks! I think I've been lucky having scans every two weeks so the next wait will be hard.

Hope everyone else is doing well
    Last edited by wishing4ababy; 18-11-2009 at 10:37.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ally - so sorry to hear about your brother and his kids, so close to Christmas too. That must be really hard on them all. I'm sure family will be there to support him and his kids, although it still must hurt.

Wishing - I am exhausted every night, falling asleep in front of the TV like an old lady! In fact it's worse now I think than it was last trimester, but I think that's because I used to have naps then whereas now I solider on through and then run out of go.