Closed Thread
Page 16 of 87 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks for the childcare info allyoop oh the joys!
    Did I tell you girls that DH is back with the buggy? It's awesome! (Both having him home AND the buggy heehee). We took it for a spin around the kitchen last night, how sad are we!!! Now just have to work out where the hell to keep it!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey all!
    Hope everyone has been well!
    I was off sick two days last week.. so have spent this whole week catching up!
    Turns out my blood pressure was a little high..but my gp said not to worry for now as my BP is always a little higher than usual and they ran some tests and there is no protein or anything in my urine.. so I feel better now, was stressing for a few days. I may get pre eclampsia later on as my mum and one of my sisters had it but let’s hope not and cross that bridge when we get to it!

Yay for all of you feeling babies moving! I am a day or so off 16 weeks, I cannot believe it, and I have booked my 20 week scan when I am actually about 18-19 weeks but the midwives said that would be fine.. cannot wait to find out if Bob is really a Bob! I will pass out if they tell me I am having a girl.. I have NEVER had a stronger hunch about anything! Just on topic of feeling the baby move, I am just waiting for that.. I am a bigger girl and they say that it sometimes takes longer to feel the baby thru my pudgy gut lol so I am just waiting..

I am taking 12 months off work.. I may head back to my part time weekend job after 6 months, will see how I go, but I want to ultimately be a SAHM for one year.. bob is the only baby DH and I are going to have and I want to enjoy him.. but I will go back to work as well.. maybe part time after one year or from home, that would ROCK!

I don’t know about u ladies but I am struggling, lol! I went to Knox last night to do some shopping for my ever expanding waist and Christmas and it was soo yucky busy!! And walking around made me soo tired. I am going to have to harden up and spend a morning finishing my Christmas shopping so I can stay away from the shops for the next few weeks I think!

OK well sorry for the novel lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopefulmama, online Christmas shopping rocks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopeful - we live up in Cairns and it's hot up here now. I've been getting more and more cranky every week with the heat and I now have sausage fingers and feet! We went car shopping yesterday and I was so irritable with the heat of getting in and out of hot cars I had no patience for the poor salesman and all his spiel and promptly told him that we'd call him.

sparklesare - the idea of working from home sounds good in theory but I'm not sure how much 'work' I'll get done. It depends on whether my baby likes their sleep or not. Plus from what others have told me who work from home sometimes as they get older it can get very hard because they don't understand that you have to work when they want you to play with them. I guess it's a learning game.

JetGirl - that sounds like heaven, nice cold beer minus the alcohol. The other night we went out and I ordered apple juice, it came back and it was apple cider! I started drinking it and thought it tasted odd so I had them check, yep they'd given me an alcoholic beverage instead of plain apple juice.

On the knowing or not knowing, I can understand wanting to know I am curious but I just want that surprise at the birth. A friend of mine found out for her first but for her second has decided she wants the surprise too. My sister says she'll probably have to find out again because she would be too curious. Each to their own.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i went out to the pub with a few families the other night it has a big outside area and has one of those great macdonalds playgrounds in it and everyone exept me was having a nice cold beer and i was having a fire engine with the kids lol

i still havent conned my dh into getting the xmas tree out of the roof for me i feel so helpless and ds wants it up so badly i cant wait till the 14th he has the whole week off it will be nice

everyone have a lovely weekend

Thanks
    Reviews
    hey ally i know how u feel.. i got my tree tonight, a real one. Dh *****ed and moaned that the pine needles were making a mess in the car, the house ( i notice that I will have to be the one to vac them up!) and then when I went to decorate the tree tonight i realised the new lights I bought have no connecter thingy so I have to go out tomorrow morning and get one! Grr. lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All,
    I've been laying low for the last month or so - constant nausea, work has been insane and trying to get my head around the fact that this is all very real now!

We waited until 14 weeks to tell everyone - no one could believe we waited so long but we really wanted to give ourselve as much time as possible before everyone starts bombarding us with advice.

I was really interesed in the work conversation - I'm keen to go back early and DH will probably be part time. Hopefully I can work from home one day a week and use some leave to at least get a day off once a week (paid). It's a challenge and I've already been criticised for even THINKING about going back to work before a year. Gotta love the support you get from other mums

I have my 20w scan in early Jan and my next OB appt in a week and a half. I'm begging my OB to let us pay our fees before 31st Dec but they are saying, legally, they can't charge us until 20 weeks (which is 3rd Jan!). A lot of you have mentioned that you have paid your 20w fee before your 20w date - is that right?

Finally - Nikki - we just bought a Forester - you'll love it. There isn't as much room in the boot as our old Liberty wagon and there doesn't seem to be as much legroom in the front either which is fine since we're both under 6foot but I remember you saying your DH is tall? You should get him to stretch out and see how he goes! Ours is a couple of years old so the new ones might be roomier.

That's it from me for now - as always, was up at the crack of dawn so thought I'd take advantage of catching up on the forum (and watching the World Cup draw)! DH is thrilled we're having a World Cup baby and will be home to watch Australia's matches (I did mention that he'll have some competition for his attention during those matches!).

Off to do some xmas shopping before the crowds hit!

Hope to not be a stranger from now on!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cat - Good to see you back, sorry about the constant nausea. We didn't tell most people until 14 weeks either. we told family at 12 and then I wanted to wait for my scan at 13 weeks, then told people at 14. You are right it is nice just having a secret between DH and yourself for a while.

Also, try not to worry about what other people are thinking about your return to work. I hate people that can't respect other people's situations. Plenty of women return to work before one year and their babies are fine. Do what you need to do and what you feel is best for your little family.

As for the Ob fee, ours is actually due next week so we fall before the new year cut off (thank god as ours is over $3600!). I have heard on these forums that some obs will be a little flexible but that others wont. Good luck asking - it can't hurt.

Finally - LOL at your husband and the world cup comment!! I didn't even think of that!! Too funny . At least when the games are on in the middle of the night, you'll have someone to entertain the baby while you get some much needed sleep!

Jetgirl - the non-alcoholic beer sounds like a real find. Was it only sold at that pub, or is it something we can find in the liquor shops??

hopeful - I was also struggling with the chrissy shopping so yesterday forced myself to stay at the shops until I had added a decent amount to my Christmas present stash. It was quite hard as I found myself just gravitating to the baby stuff!! Some of my shopping I've done online this year, so that makes it a little easier. Good luck, but take it easy.... look after that BP of yours. (oh and for a tip, try arriving at the shops very early as they open. So much nicer to do shopping then before the crowds, easier parking and it feels great to be finished just as other poor suckers are arriving!!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cat - thanks for the info, we've looked at quite a few cars but when we test drove the Forester (auto) we found that is had the most leg room out of all of the cars we tried, even with DH pushed right back in his seat. DH was really impressed (he is 6.5ft) with how comfortable it is. However the manual is out because it would be too tight for DH then.

Is anyone finding their bbs are getting really sore? The last week I've been waking up at night with stabbing / aching pains in them. They are growing fast suddenly too.
    Last edited by nikki08; 05-12-2009 at 10:27.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls wow heaps happening on this forum
    Nikki my bbs are frickin killing me. When I wake up and when I take my bra off are the worst times. Poor DH is barred
    angeleish the beer was paulaner hefe weissbier. Less than 0.5% which is termed non-alco as opposed to alco-free which is 0. I can't find it anywhere
    re the world cup my DH wants us to get HD for it - hopefully there will be a special on it cos that would be awesome. We were at the 2006 wc in Germany so am v excited about the late nights heehee
    re going back to work i'm taking 6 months half pay, 3 months no pay and then back to work. Can't afford anything else.