Closed Thread
Page 1 of 87 1231151 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default IVF Bubs due April/May/June 2010 #3

Welcome Lis

Hope everyone is doing well and feeling ok in the heat (if you live anywhere that is hot at the moment - which seems to be most places!)

I had my OB appointment today and got to have a scan and see my little princess. She has grown HEAPS - and my fundus comes just below my belly button so I am showing quite a lot now I have my 20 weeks scan in 2 weeks - can't wait as I think they do those in 3d now so you get to see bub in quite a bit of detail.

I am feeling a fair bit of movement the last few days - it's the best feeling. I think I am finally starting to feel confidant that all is well and this baby is really going to happen

Thanks
    Reviews
    i have double booked my NT scan and first Ob apt. I thought one was the next day.
    and i couldnt get in to any other place for the nt and i have to wait another 3 weeks to get into the ob. Do you think this wait will be ok. if i saw my fertilty ob last friday for a quick scan? i feel so silly that i have done this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    mum2haylz - I'm not with an OB and I won't see another doctor for nearly four weeks, I had my NT scan a few weeks ago. A midwife used a doppler on me in the meantime to hear the heartbeat but a lot of people go weeks without scans or appointments. Just call your OB and tell them what happened and they'll probably just tell you it's fine to wait a few weeks to see them

LilyJack - I didn't think I was showing much but my sister and MIL think I am already showing. My sister said my belly looks cute now

liss - still not sure on the medicare changes, not sure if they are posting them online yet?

Thanks
    Reviews
    mum2haylz - Congrats on hitting the 12 week mark. The lead up to the NT scan is daunting, but I'm sure you'll be fine! As for results, I had my bloods done earlier and for the adjusted risk score, I had to ring the ultrasound clinic back in an hour. Every place is different though. Some will give you the score straight away. .... As for booking the Ob and the NT scan on the same day, I would go ahead with the NT and just attend the next available ob appointment. For the record, I saw my ob at 10 weeks and don't see him again until 16 weeks (this week) so I wouldn't think that delaying your ob appointment will be a huge issue.

nikki - When you have a closer look at the pram, I'd be curious to know which one it is that you're interested in. I can't wait to get a pram. I think it is one of the most exciting purchases!!! (Given that I do a lot of walking it will probably be one of the most used items for us). It must be great that you're showing a little. To be truthful I'm probably a little harsh on myself... I'm usually pretty tiny and I've outgrown all of my work pants/jeans etc, so most people who know me could probably tell that I'm pregnant. I doubt that people who don't know me would pick it though. Can't wait to get to the stage where I'm definitely looking pregnant.

ally - I'm like Jetgirl and Nikki and wont be finding out the sex. Dh is absolutely adamant that he doesn't want to know and I would feel too weird knowing without him. I guess I kind of figure we've waited so long for this already... what's another 20ish weeks?

Jetgirl - I'm glad the pillow suggestion helped a little. Most pregnant women I know end up with a whole mountain of pillows to help them sleep by the end of their pregnancies, so your DH is just going to have to get used to your stash of pillows. Even before I got pregnant, my DH called me the pillow queen... he has no idea how much worse it is going to get!

liss - How funny that your 20 week scan lands exactly on Christmas day!! Hope they can squeeze you in. Oh and I agree the Christmas piccies are sooo cute !! .... as for the safety net changes, I've heard that as of the new year they will change the rebate considerably. I'm lucky in that my biggest Ob payment is just before the new year so I will get most of that back. After new years I believe that the most you can get back on pregnancy management fees is $500 (even if you've hit the safety net!!). .... Don't quote me on this though, I've never been known for my maths skills!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls. Saw baby yesterday, yay all is well!! I was sick with nerves beforehand when does the panicking ever end!!!

I only know about the IVF medicare changes, what's happening with the OB changes? 500 bucks? Are you serious? That's INSANE!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    all i know with safety net changes is the ivf part i didnt think it affected other birthing things or pregnancy things
    frosty the snowman was a very happy >????
    i have forgotten the words BRAIN FART lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    ally / jetgirl - from what I've understood so far, when they change the medicare safety net it will affect all claims regardless of what they are for, so it would include OB etc. I've yet to read what the exact changes are though, although I doubt it's going to leave any of us better off!

JetGirl - congratulations on seeing bubs again, I am looking forward to the next scan at 19 weeks, that will be just before I go on holidays.

I don't know about you girls but my bbs have grown considerably in just the last week and I'm getting blue veins on them, up until then they just got a bit plumper but now they are definately getting bigger and they seem to be growing daily. DH isn't complaining though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good morning all,

I am having a stay at home day waiting for foxtel to arrive, arghhhhh anytime between 7am and 5pm..
    Seeing the doc tomorrow, not sure if he is doing a scan, if he does I am going to ask if he can sex the lil bubs for me if not the measuring scan is 3 Dec.
    Any one craving milk? plain cold straight out of the fridge milk, I have a real thing for it lately..

I don't know anything about the medicare info other than ivf changes. Would like to know though

Congrats on everyone who has seen their little ones in the last few days, I wish we could take a digi pic of our bellies everyday and when we load it onto the pc we can see the bubba's inside us.. How trippy would that be

have a good day have to use snow man to try and make me/us feel cooler..lol
    Last edited by Meaghan6430; 17-11-2009 at 12:25. Reason: spelling

Thanks
    Reviews
    Milk, yes I craved it for the past 4-5 weeks, I'd always want an ice coffee or chocolate when we went out and I drank milk straight at home every day and ate cheese too. About a week ago though I stopped craving it quite as much, bub must have needed the calcium

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nikki - How sweet that your MIL said you had a cute belly ... I think mine is beyond the cute stage ha ha

As for the medicare changes. I am not sure exactly what they entail but I do know that it does effect how much you can claim back on OB appoints. The receptionist at my OB is letting me pay the full fee just prior to christmas so I can claim it all back under the safety net as she said that it all changes next year and it's less affordable. I have a feeling the public health system is going to be inundated with Obstetric patient next year!

A big hello to everyone - can't believe christmas is so close (ha ha, had to use one!)