ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

View Poll Results: best age gap between kids?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10-11 months

4 4.55%
  • 12-13 months

3 3.41%
  • 14-15 months

3 3.41%
  • 16-17mths

1 1.14%
  • 18-19mths

14 15.91%
  • 20-21mths

5 5.68%
  • 22mths-2yrs

19 21.59%
  • 2.5 yrs

17 19.32%
  • 3 yrs

14 15.91%
  • 4yrs+

8 9.09%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    White Mage is online now Today has been cancelled, go back to bed.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My MIL has had every sort of possible age gap.

There is a 3yr age gap between my DH and his sister.
    Then there is a 7yr age gap between her and the next son, and then a 11 month gap between that son and the youngest son.
    She says the best gap she could handle was between her two eldest with the 3yr gap.
    She says the worst is the 11 month gap, as she said they go through the same fads, and often argue over the same thing. As for the larger gaps, the children have a different interest because what ever is popular at certain ages, don't appeal to older or younger kids. If that make sense.

As for myself, there is a 3yr gap between me and my middle sister, and another 2 between my middle sister and younger sister. I have a better relationship with my younger sister, and we have a 5yr gap.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    For me, between 18 months and 2.5 years.
    I have 21 months between my first two, and then 2 years and 2 months between no. 2 and no. 3.

The 21 months between my first two was great but no way would DD2 have been ready to be a big sister at 21 months. She still very much needed to be the baby of the family then but at 2 years and 2 months she is ready to be the 'big sister' and has settled in nicely to the role of being a big sister. For DD1 the 21 month age gap was good for her....she was a very trying two year old so it was nice that DD2 was a bit more predictable in her routine before DD1 became such a handful.

DD1 and DD2 get along great and entertain each other when I'm busy with DS.

We're not having any more and I like that we'll go through the stages all at once then when I get to the other side I won't have one or two adult children and teenagers/pre teens. I'd hate to feel like I was raising kids my whole life.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We have a 16 month gap between 1 and 2, thinking more of a 2-3 year gap between 2 and 3 and then maybe 20 month-2 year gap between 3 and 4. I have found the smaller age gap "challenging" and probably thinking it will be easier to have another baby once my kids are out of nappies and eatting what we eat, financially. But also I find the demand of a young toddler and a baby very full on at times. So we'd like a slightly larger gap next time (not too big) then the kids are slightly more independent allowing you to enjoy a new baby more! Just my experience

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had 2 boys, who are almost spot on, 2 years apart, My oldest is born in Jan and youngest in Feb and its been a great age gap!
    When i first fell pg with #2 everyone was going on about how har its going to be, but seriously we had no troubles adjusting, Dh and i were still in baby mode i guess and DS 1 had no jealousy problems when his brother was born!!!

Now they are almost 5 and 3 and they get along great most of the time, but when they fight...It on, BIG TIME!!! They play together all the time, and because they are only 2 years apart they are into the same sort of things!

We are now TTC #3 and im a bit worried about the age gap between #2 and the new baby....by the time we get pregnant, even if it happens soon, its coming up to a 4 year difference, me and my sister were 4 years apart and we hated eachother untill i left home pretty much lol, and #2 is such a mummys boy, i know he is going to get a huge attack of jealousy with a new baby

Thanks
    Reviews
    My daughters are 11 months apart in age. Works for us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I voted 18 months, but i have
    28 months between 1 and 2,
    18 months between 2 and 3
    and 22 months between 3 and 4

I wanted to have my kids roughly in the 2y age gap

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    For us it will be approx 5yrs and 4 months between DS and our DD to be.

DS was from my first marriage... so age gap couldn't have been helped.

I actually like that DS will be at school when DD comes, get some one on one time with her like I had with DS.

Whatever works for your family is the best

Thanks
    Reviews
    the age gap between my 2 is 2.3 years or so.
    any sooner it woulkd have been looking after 2 babies. later would have been ok but I also didnt want to have to answer the "how did the baby get there?"
    they play really well now, fight really well to. eat together at the table and both are not in nappies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alarna mae View Post
    the age gap between my 2 is 2.3 years or so.
    any sooner it woulkd have been looking after 2 babies. later would have been ok but I also didnt want to have to answer the "how did the baby get there?"
    they play really well now, fight really well to. eat together at the table and both are not in nappies.
    Lol

My DS has totally skipped that question and gone to... "How will Olivia come out?"

My belly button

Thanks
    Reviews
    Each and every child is different. There is no perfect age difference.
    I have 23 months between 1 & 2, then I have 4 years difference between # 2 & 3, then I have 19 months difference between # 3 & 4.

There is good and bad with them all...LOL