View Poll Results: best age gap between kids?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10-11 months

4 4.55%
  • 12-13 months

3 3.41%
  • 14-15 months

3 3.41%
  • 16-17mths

1 1.14%
  • 18-19mths

14 15.91%
  • 20-21mths

5 5.68%
  • 22mths-2yrs

19 21.59%
  • 2.5 yrs

17 19.32%
  • 3 yrs

14 15.91%
  • 4yrs+

8 9.09%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default what do you think is the best age gap?

what do you think was/is the best age gap between children?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    To be honest, coming from a family where my brothers were 9 and 4.5 years old than me, I think a smaller age gap is probably better for me. My first two kids will be 17 months apart (ok, maybe that's a LITTLE too small ... lol!) but if I have any more they'll be close too. They'll have to be - I'm nearly 35.

BUT I have to say that there is no `best' age gap other than the one that works the best for each particular family. There are pros and cons to both smaller and bigger age gaps, there really are. So I didn't vote on the poll because I don't think it can be quantified.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    It depends.
    For me i would prefer a close age gap (my two will be 21 months apart but i would have been happy with a smaller gap). Mostly to get all my baby/toddler years out of the way - don't want to be sending a child to school only to have another and start all over again iykwim?
    Also i hope they will get along better being close in age (but of course that is never guaranteed)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I meant to say as well, that for us an *ideal* gap would be two years between each. But it hasn't worked out that way so far!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My little ones will be 15 months apart and for me I think that's a great gap. I probably woul dhave even preferred to have a smaller gap...I just wasn't thinking at the time
    Personally, I just don't like pregnancy. I don't have bad or hard pregnancies, I just don't enjoy being pregnant. So, had I waited any longer there was always a big risk another baby was never going to happen!
    I like the fact they will be close in age so will probably beclose emotionally and that I still have all my baby stuff from my DD
    Once the next baby is born, our family will be complete and we can start concentrating on rearing our bubbas and getting rid of all the baby stuff as we go along

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MothersMilk View Post
    Mostly to get all my baby/toddler years out of the way - don't want to be sending a child to school only to have another and start all over again iykwim?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I voted 18months, as my DS2 is 18months now and i think having another now would be sooo easy and just fabulous!

we had 2.5yrs between the boys and i hated it! DS1 was full on, and although DS2 was cruisy he was still a newborn who needed constant feeding

this time we will have a 2 year gap. i would have loved anything from 10month-18month gap both times, but it didnt pan out that way

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chesby05 View Post
    BUT I have to say that there is no `best' age gap other than the one that works the best for each particular family.

Agreed.

Like the best age gap for us is the unplanned minutes.

There is 7yrs between me & my sister & 9 between me & my brother.
    Far to much for my liking. I cant handle being around them for to long because we are so far apart & they annoy the crap out of me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I like between 2 and 2 1/2 years.

My gaps are;

From child 1 to child 2: 2 year 8 months
    From child 2 to child 3: 13 years 1 month (was widowed and remarried in that time)
    From child 3 to child 4: 2 years 2 months

Teegzie is offline in Wonderland with my little Alice!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    For me I think about a 2 year age gap is pretty spot on. We will end up having a 23 month gap between DD and the new bub which is almost exactly how we planned it.
    My siblings and I are all 2 years appart (except my little sister who is 3 years younger than me) and DF and his brother are 2 years appart also. We bonded well with our siblings, so figured it would be the best for us to aim for. If we'd ended up with a smaller or bigger gap then it wouldn't have bothered us though.