+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I will definitely report what the physio says as I have searched all over the internet and this forum and I can't really find any info about it other than perhaps the lack of sensation is due to poor muscle tone / possible nerve damage.... however the doc today said that 'other things' can cause bladder weakness - hmmmm not sure what that means....

Will keep you all posted

Thanks
    Reviews
    ok report from physio was that you simply can't learn PFE from a brochure or pregnancy guide book esp. if like me you can't feel anything. I have been given some exercises to do but they are very hard, will see how I go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    but why cant you feel it? well done for following it up

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wish I knew, physio said it could be nerve damage but I don't know she seemed a bit vague.

Does anyone else have this where they can feel the back passage tightening but not the front when doing a pelvic floor squeeze???

Physio told me to suck my tummy in from the left and right sides towards my belly button and hold to my spine for 10 seconds.. then I should feel the pelvic floor lift...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I used to do my pelvic floor at the back. I went and saw a pelvic floor physio and she has shown me how to do them properly.

If you lie down and think of 'red hot poker' (as in something red and hot thats going to poke you up there) they are the muscles you should be using. If you try this, do you feel the front muscles working?

I also feel no sensation after a while aswell. My physio has told me because they are weak, the muscles get tired. The same as if you were doing weights, after a while your muscles get tired and you cant do them anymore.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmmm I like the 'red hot poker' description but I tried to do it thinking of this found I still couldn't really feel that internal tightening in the front region. Like you know when you wore a tampon pre-pregnancy it felt nice and snug well for me now it feels loose... and those muscles I used to be able to feel when doing a PF squeeze but now I can't. Guess I am really weak down there now after having a natural delivery and episiotomy (sp?)... oh well