ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiraaa View Post
    Im talking about men who do it out of pure laziness...
    I don't know why a 'lazy' man would apply for a job that requires a LOT of physical output!

Your arguement seems illogical IMO!

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG........................i don't mean the job is lazy, farrrrk, of course not. I mean men who are too lazy to look for a job that suits them

I dont even know whats going on anymore, im going to bed..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    trolly boy jobs arent really what they use to be though are they ??
    i know the trolly 'man' at our local woolies is actually contracted and does not work for woolies as a woolies employee.

DP was a trolly boy, it was his firt job and he was employed by woolies.

our coles does not have one, its pretty much who ever is available out the back to get the trollies when they are running low gets them.

i dont care who gets them, i like the coin system though.

oh and i also dont care who gets them as long as they dont treat them like DP use to. he worked at a shopping mall that has multi story parking, he and his work buddies use to ride the trolly down the car ramps and hold the back wheels with their feet so the didnt turn........THIS is how they get those flat spots and go ge-tung ge-tung ge-tung.... little sh!t he was

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG........................i don't mean the job is lazy, farrrrk, of course not. I mean men who are too lazy to look for a job that suits them

Perhaps you mean its not so hard on the brain ie. You don't really have to use your brain to push a trolley

But really I don't care..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok, well if a 35 year old man can clearly work as something like a labourer/sales/office and what not,leave the trolly jobs to people who really need them, handicapped, young teens, i'm talking about normal intelligent 35yo men...

I live near woolworths they use to have trolly boys who never use to do the job. You would go over there and they would be sitting on there bums smoking. Woolworth staff use to have to go and tell them they need trolly's.

They give up with the trolley collection service above and went with one who have trolly men they are great most would be 35+. There is one guy who is very nice all ways says "hi how are you". If they see a mum, old person loading there stuff into the car they will come and take the trolly back for you.

I think all trolly boys/men should be given the job if they want to do it and not just sit on there bums.

TrulyBlessed is offline Winner 2009 - Member you would most like to meet in Real Life
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd rather see them pushing trolleys than collecting the dole. Good on em I say.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Anyone really IF they have the strength to do it and DO NOT hit my car. A job is a job and if its what you love or all you can get good on you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    A friend of mine's hubby does that for a job. I must say I was initially shocked that is what he does but then I thought at least he's working & really there are lots of jobs that don't take a lot of brain power. He seems very proud of his job & he's just an average guy in his late 20's.

It's not a lazy job. Security work in certain places would be far lazier (but not lazy as such) as they often get to stand around for hours doing bugger all. The most I've ever seen the security guy at the local shops do is put out a rubbish bin fire when kids put a fire cracker in the bin.

Can't say I've seen a disabled/mentally challenged person collecting trolleys in many a year, but we do have a disabled guy doing security at my local shops.
    Last edited by Amara; 01-11-2009 at 23:28.

Lastcenturymum is offline I'm on a break from modding (it wont last forever ... I'll be BACK!!)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you

Sounds like a good idea! You really dig yourself into a hole sometimes Shiraaa

Maybe doing trolleys DOES suit them. It's not our place to categorize people by the type of job they do. That such shows how society can affect our thinking to assume a 35 year old would see collecting trolley as beneath them.

As long as the person does a good job and enjoys it, then that is all that matters. And as said, maybe someone is doing it as a second job or while studying.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Proper Grown Man Job?

It's hard to get a lot of jobs these days - sometimes working at somewhere like Woolies is all you can do to make money. They're easy to get, they're fairly easy to keep, and they're fairly lenient.

I'm qualified to be waxing your every which-way, and whatnot... but I'm working at Maccas. It works for me - and believe it or not, I'm actually enjoying it. I like the people I work with who are mostly lovely (the scruffy teenage boys who work in the kitchen are a bit meh, but everyone else is nice! ), and customers are actually really nice to deal with.

I commend anyone who can push several trolleys at once... I have trouble pushing just the one around hte carpark!